Oldhammer AHOY!

Harry

LOL That's nothing to the frustration of trying to move little men around a fully rigged up boat at full stretch across the directors table.... but that's for another day. :grin:

Thantsants

I think a separate floorplan and card tokens for the crew might help lower the blood pressure in that particular situation!

Paul - I feel your pain. I remember the air being somewhat blue when I tried rigging these little buggers for my Dad's birthday!

Actually the rigging itself was brass - I just did the lines running from mast to mast and down to the bowsprit but that was more than enough :lol:

Golgfag1

Hear what your saying people; as for the crew I'd already come to that conclusion and was just going to place the figures on the ship to look pretty and use a crew sheet to keep record of who, what, where & when - only taking them off the ship has and when they go a shore or board another vessel!

Paul / Golgfag1

Niibl

Golgfag1":takdmkrg said:
Hear what your saying people; as for the crew I'd already come to that conclusion and was just going to place the figures on the ship to look pretty and use a crew sheet to keep record of who, what, where & when - only taking them off the ship has and when they go a shore or board another vessel!
Paul / Golgfag1
My ship will have no rigging (thanks for the warning) and probably not even a proper sail to allow better access.
That way my ship should be large enough hold the 25 (or so) crewmen but I will probably create a floor plan just to be on the save side.

I like the large cow's nests on Paul's and Thantsants' ships (brilliant work btw.) - If I can figure out how to build a zombified version I will do so.
At least you can access those miniatures without breaking any sweat.

Harry

Here is the Chinese (Nippon) Junk undercoated and planked out .... there's a morning of my life I will never get back! :)

Harry

Here is the Norse ship all undercoated. Bit of work involved with green stuff and I had to make the oars individually.

Crew just thrown in for the picture .... it will look better than this. :grin:

Harry

This is the Norse Orc Ship:

The sail looks a bit washed out so i will darken that up a bit. Other than that this one is about good to go.

Golgfag1

Wow Harry,

You have been a bizzy little beaver, really nice models there. :grin:

Good luck with the rest of the preparations.

Paul / Golgfag1

Thantsants

Niibl":159yxdfu said:
Golgfag1":159yxdfu said:
I like the large cow's nests on Paul's and Thantsants' ships (brilliant work btw.) - If I can figure out how to build a zombified version I will do so.
At least you can access those miniatures without breaking any sweat.

Sorry mate - I had to quote you on this one - love the idea of a cow's nest. Might have to nick one of my kids' farm animals to make this happen... :lol:

Very nice work Harry! Love the Orc ship in particular but those oars look fantastic on the Viking Longship.

Did I hear somewhere you were planning on having some Norsemen riding a Loch Ness Monster?

Fimm McCool

Mine are mines.... They're like puffballs, so light they float. If they hit a ship/island/giant they'll explode and just leave a nasty stain, but if they land in the sea they'll take a chomp out of any ship that gets within gnashing range. :)

Fimm McCool

IMG_1650.JPG

Ship and crew done! Well, one of them...

http://fimmmccools.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/sailing-for-adventure-on-big-blue-wet.html

Thantsants

Wow - very coo! Love the Egyptian statuette in particular!

Looks like great minds think alike in terms of crew though! I'll be using my horned Ogre shaman(?) as Winston the ogre from Time Bandits and whilst the landing party will be made up of 4A's marvellous Goblins, I do have a set of those pirate Goblins to make up the true seamen of the company (cue seaman jokes... ;) )

Golgfag1

Another wow from me, that's one big nasty ship, with a terrific back-story - certainly won't want to meet that on a dark night! :lol:

Now inspired to return to my initial idea of airships/balloons and mines! :twisted:

Paul / Golgfag1

Fimm McCool

Goblink airship coming up.... with Snotling grapples!

Thantsants":1ribdth4 said:
I do have a set of those pirate Goblins to make up the true seamen of the company (cue seaman jokes... ;) )

They're lovely minis. They were a gift from Treps as a prize for winning the first ever (of two?) Golden Gobbo way back in 2012. They took a little under three years to plough across the channel- caught in storms, fighting off giant squids (or normal sized squids) and generally pillaging their way around the coast, but true to their word they did sail into Bristol harbour and were immediately press-ganged into service!

Thantsants

Fimm - I think mine had a similarly epic journey too ;)

Nice one Erny - left a comment on your blog but as Fimm said - impressive scratch-build!

Here's a bit more progress on my ship - I've got a back story and name ready but I'm waiting for the official launch before I share it!

There's a longwinded account of my travails on the blog should you be interested - http://teasgettingcold.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... -beam.html

I should be able to manage gameplay on 4 levels with my cunning construction of each deck!

Next up - the Giant will be putting on a few pounds :lol:

Back