[BOYL15 Game] Do Rogue traders Dream of Electric Goats?

Asslessman

Sorry Scalene, but entries are closed now :(

Here's an update :

Base plot :

The Amagi corporation has been designing androids of growing realism over the years. The late models resemble humans in almost everything but their superhuman strength, resilience and intelligence. The increased sensibility and intelligence of those late models has lead some to nervous breakdowns and instability. Reports by the police authorities tend to show that these events may have been triggered or at least accelerated by human hands as some of the Droids bodies had the word "FREE" written in blood letters on some of their components. The "replicas" (as these androids are known) are the center of many interests now.

Rules : Rogue trader
Turns : Randomly assigned every round (with cards)
Players : 7 (4 models per team)
Faction :
- Replicas
- Cops
- Cyberpunks
- Corps
- Mafia

Goal :
Every faction has its own particular goal which may come in conflict with other factions’ interest… some of those goals are clearly indicated while some others are more “suggested”, given that the player understands the true purpose of his team or knows his classic movies.
Victory points are awarded for each goal (known or hidden) and the total determines who wins.
Actions from players will include interrogating other players (see Void Kampf tests below), fighting, sabotage, mass murder or assassination.

Scenario specials :

Void Kampf test :
When models are in contact with any other model, they can perform a Void Kampf test to determine the faction of their opponent. It takes a whole turn (no shooting or fighting) to determine the issue of the test. However, the agents sent are all experienced and they can decide to follow their “gut feeling”.

Gut Feeling :
If an agent decides to follow his “gut feeling”, he will roll a D6 and a D10 which will give him an answer (one D6 to determine if the answer is right and one D10 to assign a random faction if it’s not). The agent will obviously not know wether the answer is correct or not but smarter agents might learn from their mistakes…
Agents form different faction obviously don’t have the same ability to guess true identities…
The fraction in brackets represents the probability of guessing right. (1/3 means you have one chance out of 3 to get the right answer on the D6)

I'm almost done with your team's intel (just need to udpate 2) so you'll soon have a PM from me so you can get into your model's shoes (some of you will have to give me a little more intel but you'll see)

Asslessman

I'm getting back to work on Monday and I've left all the material I had prepared on my PC there. i'll shoot you all with a private PM on monday evening about details and all ^^

cheetor

I painted my faction for this game over five years ago, when I was going through something of a minimalist phase. I recently went back to these models and rebased them and revarnished them for this game and took a photo a while ago.

mibrevised2.jpg

Originally intended for use as MiBs, their look is perfectly suited to cyberpunk as far as I am concerned.

thesuit.jpg

Are they high end replicants, plain clothes future cops, the cyberpunk version of Mods, wetware enhanced corporates or bionic mobsters? Who knows (other than Asslessman)?

Im looking forward to getting my eighties future on in this game :)

Fimm McCool

My guys are sat waiting for weapons and paintwork... as soon as I know what their aims are they will be kitted out and daubed appropriately. :)

Asslessman

Fimm McCool":3rqm7kwz said:
My guys are sat waiting for weapons and paintwork... as soon as I know what their aims are they will be kitted out and daubed appropriately. :)

All of you (but 2) should have received a little brief about your objectives in this game (do not worry the others are coming very soon ;) ).

You will see clear objectives but also hidden ones, those hidden objectives are yours to discover prior to or during the game. The elements to find out what those are may lie in the description of the faction I wrote, in the archetype they represent or in the source material they're inspired from... you may want to watch certain movies or read certain books to help you figure out those ;)

Asslessman

I should also add that profiles will be quite generic so give your models whatever you think looks cool, it won't have much effect on the game itself if at all. with the number of models we'll have we do not need to have a different profile for everyone. The objectives and skills though... that will make a difference.

Fimm McCool

Thanks JB for organising this fun shootout! I have no idea who achieved any of their objectives, but I'm not sure it really matters. It looked fantastic and played well and you did a great job of handling turn order despite the numerous distractions that kept pulling us away... not easy to compete with Kev Adams live sculpting faces!

Here's my little write up from the Cyberpunks' perspective:
http://fimmmccools.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/never-mind-kipple-boyl-asks-do-rogue.html

Back