Defender of the Crown

lenihan

Anyone else have fond memories of the 80s game Defender of the Crown? Ever fancied porting it over to Warhammer as a campaign system? I've been wondering how it might work...
http://wheretheseapoursout.blogspot.co. ... er-to.html

DefenderOfTheCrown.jpg

campaign%2Bmap.jpg

Defenderofthecrownraid.gif

There have to be others here who loved this game!

Snickit

Never played it I'm afraid, for me 80's computer games was all about Dynamite Dan and Dizzy on the specy!

Looks good though.

Never had an Amiga so this one slipped me by - never even heard of it which is odd given I was well into 80s computer games! Perhaps I've jut forgotten it in my old age...

zoggin-eck

Citadel Collector":2pg423y2 said:
Never had an Amiga so this one slipped me by...

No excuse! - DOS, NES, Apple IIGS, Atari ST, Apple Macintosh, ZX Spectrum, Amstrad CPC, Commodore 64, Commodore Amiga, Commodore CDTV, CD-i, Windows, Game Boy Advance & iOS

(OK, bit of lazy wikp copy and paste. I'll admit I only knew the proper Amiga version and the dud NES/famicom version.

zoggin-eck":33okpyjx said:
Citadel Collector":33okpyjx said:
Never had an Amiga so this one slipped me by...

No excuse! - DOS, NES, Apple IIGS, Atari ST, Apple Macintosh, ZX Spectrum, Amstrad CPC, Commodore 64, Commodore Amiga, Commodore CDTV, CD-i, Windows, Game Boy Advance & iOS

(OK, bit of lazy wikp copy and paste. I'll admit I only knew the proper Amiga version and the dud NES/famicom version.

Fair enough! Must be my failing memory then. I remember Attic Attack, Jet Set Willy, Manic Miner, Lords of Midnight....that's about it!

popevaderii

Loved this game on the Amiga...never could get the PC version to work though :(

Mostly as it seemed to be designed for a 286 not a spangly (for the time) Pentium 1

treps

I did play this game for hours at the time, I just tried to play it again 2 months ago, I shouldn't have...

Keep your memories, because the game and gameplay is pretty lame in fact ;)

Zhu Bajie

An Amiga owning mate of mine back in the day used to go on about how amazing this was, but only played it once or twice round his house.

Anyone got a quick review?

phreedh

I loved all Cinemaware games, they were fantastic for their time. King of Chicago (had a LOT of read write errors on one disk so playing it was near impossible), Rocket Ranger, Three Stooges. Man, they did some ground breaking stuff. Wings FFS! I think the only ones I didn't play properly was SDI and Sindbad. The hours plowed into the C64 version (two 15 minute tapes, where you had to swap tapes and load different sides all the time) DOTC and later the Amiga version... phew! Great game!

No idea how to make it a Warhammer campaign though... wouldn't that be a bit of a shoe horn? The whole appeal with the game was the mix of different mini games and how it mixed arcade with strategy. Not sure how that could translate into a WH campaign.

Back