Chaos Warbands - plus other stuff

jon_1066

Re: Chaos Warbands

One more "finished", sans base

Reasonably happy with my first ever attempt at free hand painting a shield design.

Now a group shot. Purple and Blue still need completing. Once I have done those I will move onto basing them.

Really enjoying seeing this warband come together. ;)

I'm especially liking those mounted knights. Excellent freehand on the shield.

Looking forward to more.

jon_1066

Thanks. I managed to finish off the last two and get some shields painted up so now only the basing (once I have figured out how I am going to base them all)

First the purple warrior

I decided to stick with the same symbol as previously in purple but it wasn't very bold so went around it in grey to make it pop a bit more.

Next the musician

One question - how do you blow a trumpet with a full face helmet?

Finally the group shot.

I added some top highlights to the horses and gave them a dilute black wash to bring it together a bit better.

CItadel - I just love their miniatures - and the colorful painting really does it for me. Good stuff!

jon_1066

Well it's been a while but I have finished up a unit of Flagellants to bolster the forces of Law and Order

They were bought off Ebay an eon ago partially painted. I tidied up the rear five and standard bearer and painted the others, though didn't choose their stances. The torches look particularly weird as the flames are burning sideways!

They also represent a transition in painting as I have recently received a foundry paint set as a gift from my lovely wife. So some of them have some of the foundry triads on some of their clothes. They are noticeably "nicer" than my cruder attempts at shading/highlighting from before.

Two chaos thugs and a chaos dwarf are very nearly done as well. The dwarf is the loader for the rocket launcher and will be finally reunited with his colleague after 20 years apart.

jon_1066

Finally basing some stuff

Finally got around to basing up some of the chaos warband. Still plenty more to do but it takes a surprising amount of time to base up 40 odd figures.

I have a five stage process for these guys which involves milliput to fill the slot, diluted PVA wood glue to stick some sand to the base, paint it dilute Granite, dry brush Deben Stone then glue on some random blobs of static grass.

This is the result.

WE ARE THE RAINBOW KNIGHTS OF KNORNE! Hey, black isnt in the rainbow! I have always loved coloured metallics for chaos armour, and these guys look fabulous.

17623190308_84e4cfcc0c_z.jpg

jon_1066

Ha, Ha! Thanks. The Khorne symbol was the only one I thought I could tackle since it is just straight lines!

I have always been of the opinion that chaos dressed in identical uniforms is kind of an oxymoron. They are also painted to fit in with my older figures that were obviously done whilst out of my head (well I was 18!)

jon_1066

Some more free form shield experiments:

These are Perry Medieval Mercenary pavise stuck in some milliput. Still need to put a bit of static grass on them. The yellow doesn't look very good on the green - next time I think a white layer is probably required first.

Back