Jeff's Completed projects 2015

Jeff McC

While I've been busy with my Rogue Trader project, I have gotten a few fantasy models finished. Same warning as last year, I'm posting my finished projects here which may not all be wonderful old lead.
Without further delay - photos. First up, a screaming skull catapult and a few newhammer chaos warriors.

Attachments

• screaming skull.JPG
    screaming skull.JPG
    218.7 KB · Views: 3,923
  • screaming crew.JPG
    screaming crew.JPG
    229 KB · Views: 3,923

Jeff McC

And the chaos warriors - I felt the need to drill out the musician's helm a bit so he could actually play the horn.

Attachments

• chaos 3.JPG
    chaos 3.JPG
    236.4 KB · Views: 3,923
  • chaos 3a.JPG
    chaos 3a.JPG
    220.2 KB · Views: 3,923

Jeff McC

Finished the Snakeman. Based on the "history" that they were meant to be a subterranean race, I've gone for an albino/cave dwelling skin tone - Thanks to those of you who offered thoughts on the work in progress! I'm pleased with the results, the skin has a bit more contrast in person than it does in the photo. I intend to use him as a chaos warrior, tending towards Khorne, so that's guided some of my color choices for armor. (plus with a skull on his halberd and a skull hilt on his bone handled sword, what else would he be?)

Attachments

• snakeman 1.JPG
    snakeman 1.JPG
    221.9 KB · Views: 3,846
  • snakeman 2.JPG
    snakeman 2.JPG
    215.8 KB · Views: 3,846

Jeff McC

The sculpt has a bit of a flat area under the curve of the body here, I've tried to hide it by panting it as stone, and blending it into the base.

Attachments

• snakeman 3.JPG
    snakeman 3.JPG
    236.1 KB · Views: 3,845
  • snakeman 4.JPG
    snakeman 4.JPG
    215.8 KB · Views: 3,845

Jeff McC

Had a lovely weekend, playing ROC Warbands with some terrific Oldhammerers. It may just have been the dice of the day, but it seemed that the fickle powers of chaos favored the skaven, with ratmen eventually forming part of all the chaos warbands. This inspired me to paint up a few Khorne skaven. (the maximum number of skaven from a single follower roll is 8 - the sacred number of Khorne - coincidence? I think not.) Waiting for movers to arrive to day to pack out my express baggage, meant I had plenty of painting time, so...here they are - the Blood Claw of Khorne.
I think they'll still manage to blend in with the rest of my skaven once added to a large unit...

Attachments

• blood claws 1.JPG
    blood claws 1.JPG
    172.9 KB · Views: 3,646
  • blood claws 2.JPG
    blood claws 2.JPG
    154.3 KB · Views: 3,646

Chico

Khorne Skaven, very cool. I do like those plastic Skaven and have a good 200 myself painted.. I didn't like them much after I painted them though hehe

Protist

Great looking Skaven - and you said in the previous post your paint-mojo was suffering? Well, mine too now :lol:

I have to ask - did you sculpt the Khorne symbols onto the shields or is that some devilish brush-trickery you have performed? They look like they have little rivets holding them on but...

Jeff McC

Brush trickery (not that it was really very tricky). I painted the symbol on the black shield with bone white. Gave it a highlight of pure white, and then a AP Soft Tone wash. There are molded rivets in the metal areas of the shield that are part of the stock model.
I'm now trying to decide if I also need to paint 6 Slaneeshi Skaven. I'm having a good ponder on this one - I think pink is right out, but with white being the official color of slaneesh, I might be able to make it work (it would however be a dirty white - they are skaven after all :lol: )

Jeff McC

Madness given into - Slaneeshi Skaven (6 of course) below. I found trying to get the balance between slaneesh (white/pastel/pretty) and skaven (squalor/dirt), an interesting challenge. I think I've managed to hit the mark reasonably well.

Chico - the plastic skaven have really grown on me too, although I am dreading the number I have still to paint...

Attachments

• skaven slaneesh 3.JPG
    skaven slaneesh 3.JPG
    239.3 KB · Views: 1,385
  • skaven slaneesh 2.JPG
    skaven slaneesh 2.JPG
    158.8 KB · Views: 1,385
  • skaven slaneesh 1.JPG
    skaven slaneesh 1.JPG
    198.3 KB · Views: 1,385

Jeff McC

I'm finally back to painting. :grin:
The transatlantic move is complete, and the tide of boxes is almost completely conquered.
It turns out Army painter has changed their formula (thicker), so I'm adjusting to a new line of paint..(game color)

Anyhow, I rediscovered the portion of the lead pile (and plastic - but don't tell) that went into storage before the last move, and decided that this old ral partha fire elemental had waited long enough to get painted...so here he is.
I also managed to get a great game in with a local oldhammerer since the move, and felt the need to make some dedicated scenery for the scenario. I've had the standing stones (not the center column) for ages, but the fall over so easily I rarely use them. I suddenly had the brainstorm to build a base and magnetize them...very happy with the result.
I've also started working on Ruglud's armored orcs for Orctober... hopefully it won't be too long until I've something finished to post here. ;)

Attachments

• Fire elemental.JPG
    Fire elemental.JPG
    224.5 KB · Views: 1,229
  • stones.JPG
    stones.JPG
    235.1 KB · Views: 1,229

Jeff McC

Finally getting into the spirit of Orctober! I still need to finish the command models, but I've gotten two ranks of rank and file completed from Ruglud's Armored Orcs.

Attachments

• rugluds a.JPG
    rugluds a.JPG
    230.4 KB · Views: 1,177
  • rugluds b.JPG
    rugluds b.JPG
    169.9 KB · Views: 1,177
  • rugluds c.JPG
    rugluds c.JPG
    214.2 KB · Views: 1,177

Jeff McC

Finally finished the command models.

Attachments

• rugluds std mus.JPG
    rugluds std mus.JPG
    229.4 KB · Views: 1,129
  • rugluds heroes.JPG
    rugluds heroes.JPG
    220.7 KB · Views: 1,129

Jeff McC

I also finished up this dragon? rider from the celtos range I picked up this summer, I'd originally been thinking he might make a decent dark elf hero on cold one, but in the end I think he'll just be a one off. I added the reins and am very pleased with the result, I think they really help give the model some life.

Attachments

• drake 2.JPG
    drake 2.JPG
    242.1 KB · Views: 1,129
  • drake.JPG
    drake.JPG
    208.5 KB · Views: 1,129

Golgfag1

Nicely done Jeff, I may have to take another look at those Celtos figures myself!

Also, good to hear the move went well and you're back on your game with the painting. :grin:

All the best

Paul / Golgfag1

Back