Orcs & Goblins by Subedai

pfw

Congratulations on the Orcs Subedai. I can't find a clapping smiley so I'll go with this boggle-eyed look of delight :shock:. It was seeing your take on the Marauder Orcs that decided me on which flavour of Oldhammer I wanted to take (it was probably always going to be greenskins, I've played them for years and years but yours on here sealed the deal). I'll hopefully start up my own thread here as soon as my first Orcs make it from the wilds of Germany and I can tell already that I'll be returning to your posts for inspiration.

Subedai

Count Von Bruno":21djobt4 said:
Massive props Subes, those Marauder Orcs (as well as the rest) are sooo nice.
Thank you kindly! I had really neglected that regiment ever since I acquired it back in the day but once I got started the models really grew on me and their strong imagery provided me with lots of ideas for the army's backstory.

Subedai

pfw":3459g7pn said:
Congratulations on the Orcs Subedai. I can't find a clapping smiley so I'll go with this boggle-eyed look of delight :shock:. It was seeing your take on the Marauder Orcs that decided me on which flavour of Oldhammer I wanted to take (it was probably always going to be greenskins, I've played them for years and years but yours on here sealed the deal). I'll hopefully start up my own thread here as soon as my first Orcs make it from the wilds of Germany and I can tell already that I'll be returning to your posts for inspiration.
Glad to hear you like the style I've gone with and even better that it helped you decide to build up your own horde. Orcs & Goblins were my first armies in Fantasy and 40k and after having collected lots of others over the editions it was fun to go back to my roots. Looking forward to seeing your greenskins on here!

Subedai

Subedai":2wibbfgz said:
Mutantdale":2wibbfgz said:
Thanks Subedai for the info.. I don't suppose you have a link to the flyer do you? It may clear up a few other mystery orcs i have.
I'll scan it and put it on Scribd, but might be a few days. Just John is right I believe, nothing on there that isn't in the catalogues, but it does have some fun names and background bits.
Sorry it took a while to get this done. I have scanned the flyer and put in on Dropbox (since Scribd downsamples the quality it wasn't readable there).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xr41wdzkkssubit/Ravening Hordes flyer.pdf

Subedai

Finally finished the Lead Belcher with three of the crew. The wheel scythes are taken from the Skeleton Warriors set.

Subedai

theottovonbismark":3o1c06nk said:
A nice paint job for a classic war machine! Do you have a Skullcrusher catapult to go with it?
Cheers! Yes, I have the Skull Crusher and Man Mangler, plus the Marauder catapult. No castle wall will stand in the way of my green horde!

Subedai":2y82q8fa said:
theottovonbismark":2y82q8fa said:
A nice paint job for a classic war machine! Do you have a Skullcrusher catapult to go with it?
Cheers! Yes, I have the Skull Crusher and Man Mangler, plus the Marauder catapult. No castle wall will stand in the way of my green horde!

Nice, that's a grand selection of period war machines.

Subedai

After too long a break from working on my Orcs & Goblins, here are a few new Snortas in time for Orctober. Riders converted from Marauder infantry.

Attachments

• warhammer-oldhammer-orc-snortas - 1.jpg
    warhammer-oldhammer-orc-snortas - 1.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 3,345

Orjetax

Great army shot.

I don't think I had seen this thread previously. I enjoyed looking back at all this good stuff.

Subedai

Thanks, its starting to look like a proper force. Mainly goblins still left to finish.

While I had the army out, I managed to complete the bolt thrower as well.

Subedai

Not for my Warhammer 3rd Edition Orcs & Goblins, but for games of Dragon Rampant, some Kev Adams sculpted Doom Goblins courtesy of Knightmare Miniatures.

Golgfag1

Inspiring - a great looking bunch of thugs, as ever I saw, well done sir. I really must get my lads back on the painting table at sometime.

Paul / Golgfga1

Golgfag1

Subedai":2gbvo73y said:
Thanks! There is never and end to painting Orcs & Goblins, is there?

You can always add more to the horde, as they never look out of place! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul / Golgfag1

Back