Speed painting challenge

Having trouble getting anything painted? Join our monthly challenges or group projects!

Moderator: Moderators

Post Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:02 pm

Re: Speed painting challenge

I'm not going to take the clock badge this time as it took me an hour and twenty-ish (I added the base afterwards), but I enjoyed the challenge and will have another go during the week I reckon to see if I can manage it. This is a Crooked Claw goblin who will be seeing immediate use in dungeon crawls with my two boys. Not my best by any means, but solid enough as rank and file or encounter fodder... and without doubt the only way I'll make a significant dent in the lead pile which seems to have reached critical mass and be replicating itself at an alarming rate :roll:

Post Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:09 pm

axiom wrote:Good work guys! I hadn't realised you were batch painting Harry - good work to get em all done!

Fork! Sounds like you need to look up a certain thread on Warseer.

Here it is. Be warned, you may end up hating Harry's guts after seeing it. I do (no offence Harry, you're a lovely man).
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthrea ... n-painting

Also, nice looking gobbo there Stephen!

Post Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:03 pm

I saw that thread a while back and had nearly managed to suppress my combination of envy and inadequacy - thanks for bringing that all flooding back, Mattias :?

(I'll let you off for being nice about my goblin)

EDIT - I had another go and managed the hour, so will claim that badge after all. A green greenskin this time ;)

Post Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:54 pm

1 hour paint challenge, well, 64 minutes if truth be told and I didn't get time to highlight his peg leg. It helped that I actually set my paints out ready beforehand rather than searching through my paint boxes like I usually do.
Base coated the armour, quick wash, then did skin base, skin wash, then back to armour with fine brush just popping in paints on individual scales. Then back to skin highlights and finally horns and metal bits and his wee sash.

Image Image

Post Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:04 am

I normally paint pretty quickly, but I sat down and timed this one - Finished in 50 minutes (not counting the black undercoat and the basing)...

I've got more of these models on the blog upcoming this week (one every day) and will talk a little about how I painted them... the real time saver was drybrushing the entire model with the spectral greens then going back and picking out the remaining colors.

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:43 pm

My entry for the 1 Hour Speed Painting Challenge. It's a press moulded Scavy torso with legs from a Future Wars not-Humungous and head from a Chaos Cultist

My Blog:

ImageImageImageImage

Post Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:43 pm

I did an attempt, knowing full well that I wouldn't make it in time. I was a bit surprised to see it clock 2 hours though...

I started out with a fresh Spacelords mini (available from Doug at EM4 if anybody missed that).

As you can see, I should've primed the mini a dark grey to save some effort (and nearly 10 minutes of painting... 10 minutes!).

I'm happy with the final result, but well... the time could be better. It did make me finish a model in two evenings though!

Better pics with her and her mates at a later point, in another thread.

Donator

Post Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:25 pm

Amazingly quick work on a complicated model phreedh!

Looks fantastic!

Cheers,

Blue
3rd Edition will rise AGAIN!!!!
My Painting collecting...and sometimes gaming Blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

Post Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:55 am

yup, that looks fantastic phreedh, superb job for 2 hours
Image Image

Post Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:52 pm

After completing my first elf in under an hour I challneged myself to go even quicker with his padre (I only own two of these Jes Goodwin wardancers and did not want to leave one of them languishing unpainted). Here's the final result, a slightly more complicated model but a similar timeframe. My lead pile should diminish much quicker now, right?
:oops:

Pre-basing:

And together (again):

Based:

A step-by-step guide is viewable on my blog, if you're interested in how I did this.
PreviousNext

Return to Painting Challenges