[BOYL15] Oldbowl 2015 -Almost Full

ineptmule

Re: [BOYL15] Oldbowl 2015

How many teams are we looking at? Would it be hugely boring to have a second team of 'Zons in the lineup? I've got the awesome Willy Miniatures Amazon team awaiting assembly and a lick of paint, so I'd love to use them.

(Alternatively I also have the Willy Miniatures Chaos Team, which are also seriously cool. But Chaos feel a bit awkward for a short weekend league.)

ineptmule

No idea I'm afraid. Their style seems to have really taken off in the last couple of years - a lot of the pre-Chaos team project minis are a bit cartoonish in my opinion, but the beastmen in particular from that project are some of the nicest minis I've ever seen. The Chaos Warriors are great too, but they are huge, like, almost as big as WH Fantasy Ogres.

That raises a good point though actually - all the Willy stuff seems to be a bit on the large side. The 'Zons are all about half a head taller than standard GW 28mm heroic minis.

Chico

Seems somewhere around 8 teams would be my max to stop it becoming too large and Chaotic.

As for a second Zon team use whatever you want, as for Chaos that's the team I'm running with with no skills it's a hard slog but should be a good laugh at least.

DSC_0025.JPG

You can see a Willy Miniature with a chainsaw in that pic, and aye they are fecking big fellas. 32mm Heroics.

Edit: It's not a league, so no levelling up for those unsure.

Skarsnik

I can't remember if I've confirmed yet, but I'm definitely in for this. Team TBC.

Chico

ineptmule":13kle3dh said:
No levelling up! Wow I'm definitely not using Chaos in that case :)

Aye It's not a League but rather a ''Swiss'' event of stand alone one on one games, with games won /Cas Scored/TD's to work out the winner. Plus best looking teams and most sportmanship award is equal to the champion reward so it's not about winning more about having fun.

Oh and I'm using Chaos for the event, real men can run them without problems hehe ;)

Skarsnik & Old Lead":13kle3dh said:
I can't remember if I've confirmed yet, but I'm definitely in for this. Team TBC.

Cool mate, your more then welcome too (Plus I took it for granted you were in anyway hehe) I'll take a full list of whoe's in closer to the time

ineptmule

I imagine my mate Jimbo will be in. He's well into his BB, and has some painted teams ready to go. He's also been the keenest from LAGGNOG to attend BOYL 2015.

Are Dwarves banned or are we just grumbling loudly at any Dwarf players? (Much like they should be if they are getting into character.)

Chico

No teams are banned as everyone has their boogie team they hate playing :mrgreen:

antipixi

Quick question:

Are we using starting teams? (I.e. 1 000 000 gc) or slightly more generous starting funds? (Say an extra 100 000)

Just asking as without skills, it may allow for a few positionals.

Chico

Starting team costs as normal mate as it stands right now, but you do get a Star Player (Non Big Guy) for free for one match which'll add a option/fun element.

Fimm McCool

Right! No more standing on the sidelines! The Black Forest Chateauxs Druchii team is coming together for the event! Never played before but I'm raising some Dark Elves and hoping to learn with a few games! :grin:

I know, I know, tough team for a newbie and all that... good job I'm used to losing mini games! I can aim for the sportsmanship award!

Just to clarify. If we don't take a Star Player once, does that mean we get Bloodweiser Babes and an Apothecary for all games?

Chico

Welcome to the fold, Dark Elves in stand alone matchs are quite good as are all AG4 teams.

If you don't take the Star Player you can choose from the other options for a single match only I'm afraid. :)

Fimm McCool

Can I choose to use them when I need to? For instance, as I understand it the BBs help players recover after a match. Do I have to declare before the match I'm going to use them afterwards even though I might not need to or can I just enlist them when their services are required?

Chico

Aye declare at the beginning before anything else is done, you also have the Bloodwiser Babes rule wrong. Bloodwiser Babes help during a match, for each one (Up to a max of 2) they had +1 to each knockout recovery roll made. Recovery rolls are made for knocked out players when a Touchdown is made and halftime.

They are rather good :)

As this is a series of stand alone games, there is no team injurys and progression so you will always start a game with the same basic roster.

Fimm McCool

Ok. I'll go read the rulebook properly. Had a brief glance and assumed the BBs did something like a medic in Munda. As with everything I'll be playing this based on what I want to field and seems like fun rather than how best to win a match. :)

Hey Chico. Room for one more? Having just re-acquired the third ed boxed set after 21 years and having spent a happy afternoon playing myself I'm well up for a game. Not sure which team I'll paint up yet but I currentky got the models for humies, orcs and undead.

Chico

Aye there's always room, feel free to join in. Get yourself read up on LRB5 it's not to much of a change from 3rd :)

Chico

Right boys and girls

Now heres the question for those taking part would anyone be in interested in a 25mm ''Old Bowl 2015'' badge?

It'll cost £2 per badge and would need payment up front via paypal (£2 is inclusive of the Paypal fees and postage cost to myself) and will nee a minimum of 10 people to want one. Badge will be given out on the weekend itself.

Note picture is prototype and will be slightly changed/tided up.

11263064_10153261981430149_7926204134280343051_n.jpg

Back