Undead by Subedai

Protist

Freakin' awesome 'mood' photos. Love them!

Considering that the undead were my first proper army (now mostly they've succumbed to the dispersive forces of entropy or in pieces in old shoe boxes) these make me rather jealous indeed.

Say, you're based somewhere near London right? I'm inching closer to finishing up my Dark Elves... could there be a game or two on the horizon?

Subedai

Warburton":2fdclq38 said:
Agreed - those photos are really well set! Nice stuff. :)
Thanks, presentation goes a long way. Setting my forces up in little scenarios is always a great motivator to finish stuff, build more terrain and develop backstories.

Subedai

Protist":12i8r3x3 said:
Say, you're based somewhere near London right? I'm inching closer to finishing up my Dark Elves... could there be a game or two on the horizon?
I'm in London, so a battle is a possibility. Dark Sphere in Lambeth makes for a good venue, with free gaming tables and terrain available up to 10pm during the week.

Protist

The zombies look great, in a suitably corpulent way. What's the skin tone painted with, particularly the chap on the left?

Dark Sphere is really easy for me to get to; I'm on the Richmond line so trains to Waterloo are quick and regular. When would you be up for a game and what system are you most interested in playing - 3rd edition?

I'm still a fair way off having all my dark elves finished, but I could easily put together a smaller force, probably around 1000-1500pts in 3rd ed, as an estimate. Otherwise I also have a mostly finished empire army and a half finished wood elf army - both are a mix of new, old and some scratch built models, and 'designed' for newhammer but can be 'modified' for 3rd edition, I think.

Subedai

Protist":2prr5mlh said:
The zombies look great, in a suitably corpulent way. What's the skin tone painted with, particularly the chap on the left?
Cheers. I used the old Rotting Flesh as a base coat, then added some Seraphim Sepia shading, a bit of Agrax Earthshade and Athonian Camoshade before picking out highlights again with Rotting Flesh.

1 - 1.5k 3rd Edition sounds good to me for an evening of gaming since I'm not currently very fluent on the rules (for any edition). Any mix of miniatures as long as they are mostly painted, so I'll get a move on with mine. Sometime in March? I'll send you a message.

mbh

Subedai":2penoljs said:
Protist":2penoljs said:
Cheers. I used the old Rotting Flesh as a base coat, then added some Seraphim Sepia shading, a bit of Agrax Earthshade and Athonian Camoshade before picking out highlights again with Rotting Flesh.

1 - 1.5k 3rd Edition sounds good to me for an evening of gaming since I'm not currently very fluent on the rules (for any edition). Any mix of miniatures as long as they are mostly painted, so I'll get a move on with mine. Sometime in March? I'll send you a message.

the old rotting flesh was one of my fave paints.

Subedai

Katsuhiko JiNNai":1hcjfwo2 said:
These zombies are charismatic :)
Thanks! They definitely all have their own style, it was fun to paint their faces and see them come to unlife.

mbh":1hcjfwo2 said:
the old rotting flesh was one of my fave paints.
It's a mainstay of my painting, I am using it as highlight for my Orcs & Goblins, Zombies and all things Nurgle.

So I finished my small horde of Zombies, completing the rank and file of the army and adding a bit of colour.

Protist

That's a seriously mean looking unit of troops - love it! I think I have a couple of those sculpts as well, gonna have to try out your colour scheme ;)

Subedai":3r6se2a0 said:

How do you rate your chances of getting a warband together before the end of March? I need to press on and finish up some basing and shields, but only really get an hour or so here and there to paint at the moment. Otherwise I'm good for a game, though the next few weeks may be a little hard to arrange a time :roll:

Subedai

Finished the second machinery of destruction for my Undead, the Plague Cart. I looked up types of yokes and carved a simplified version out of a plastic sprue.

ardyer

Subedai":2u1fsbrd said:
Finished the second machinery of destruction for my Undead, the Plague Cart. I looked up types of yokes and carved a simplified version out of a plastic

Thanks for answering that in your blog for me. I subscribe to so many blogs that I can't remember who's blog is who's! Otherwise I'd have asked here.

Subedai

ardyer":21114s4x said:
Thanks for answering that in your blog for me. I subscribe to so many blogs that I can't remember who's blog is who's! Otherwise I'd have asked here.
No worries, I had wanted to ad that info in my blog post but forgot about it in the end. Now it's there!

Subedai

I've added a Carrion to my army. I always had two of these in my collection, but wasn't very taken with them back in the day. It didn't help that I painted the one I did finish in canary green. Now I've gone with a more authentic vulture colour scheme, and I really like it.

Back