N.O.G.G. - Nottingham Oldhammer Gaming Group

Scalene

Thanks for thinking of us, but I think next week is too short notice for change of plans. I think the Ned Ludd should go ahead as is next week, and we'll try to arrange the next one for a youth friendly venue.

Ok folks it is Tuesday, sorry my bad. Got the day wrong. Am all for a N.O.G.G game at War-hammer World though, Necromunda, Oldhammer 40k, Space Hulk old, Dark future.

Ned Ludd Event

Tuesday 17th
Next Week

The Ned Ludd
27 Friar Lane, NG1 6DA Nottingham, United Kingdom

Deep In the underhive is a fortress. A fortress built by its in habitants to protect them from the worst of times. 'Ironwall' constructed of Iron salvaged over generations to give a last vestige of hope when doom envelops the community. Now is that 'Doomtime' a plague that seems to strike anyone from the toughest of gangers to the smallest of infants. Taken over by the 'Doomtime' the dead seem to rise and get angry no shambling zombies but vengeful full of spite for the survivors. Full of Ire and rage they have been named the Ire'ish and the Living Folk the 'Ing'lish.....

Can the good folk of Ironwall hold out or will they succumb to the Ire'ish and there vomiting attacks of black and cream.....

You could help by joining us on our next gaming night with a Necromunda gang of your choice......

Please note other games will be being played including our first ventures down the 5th ED D&D dungeons so please come along and tell your friends.......

YEah, sorry about the venue not being kid friendly. I am a bit annoyed at that really, means the Nedd is not so great. I cant do WHW as it will be too difficult to get my scenery there, plus I have also publicised doing at the Nedd. Other players have said they MIGHT game....

Is anyone up for it? Just for a number count really.

Living rule book, which is basically the same as the final printed version plus any rules from fanatic magazines that you like.

You can bring a proper gang to play in the ongoing campaign at the Nedd OR turn up with a gangs worth of Rogue Trader/2nd ed compliant Oldhammer models.

Gobbo

Having popped down last time to have a look at the Ned Ludd, we'll be down for a game of WFB Ed 3 (without magic), Steve will be using Empire vs Pad with Orcs, I lost the roll off so I get to GM (wood elves will have to stay in their box). We've not played WFB for over 20 years (1992) so it could be quite entertaining figuring out how to play again,

Paul

Gobbo

Really sorry guys, something has cropped up which means we can't make it tonight. We'll try again next time.

Paul

Well, one player showed up! Seriously, this is getting a drag. Lame lame lame, not even once a month! IM not sure we have enough comitment to even run a monthly gaming session in Nottingham. Im `certainly not organising next month's game, and am midly saddened. :cry:

Gobbo

Hi Curtis

Sorry you feel let down buddy. Unfortunately lifes responsibilities sometimes have a nasty habit of getting in the way of a nights gaming :(
If you like I am free next wednesday if you fancy running me through WFB Ed 3 at Warhammer World. I have 3000pts of Wood Elves with no magic.

Paul

I am not having a go, I understand that stuff happens and dates are not good, but there has been zero feedback except from Gobbo and Scalene. If we cant at least organise a day to game on then how can we keep going as a group? I dont think 2 people make a gaming club!

I just want to play Oldhammer style games once per month, you know like we agreed?

Probably cant do next wednesday, but I am sure up for going against your elves. Lots of bows I presume? I will pit my orc archers, I have about 2k.

Gobbo

Yes quite a few Longbows, but then they are a compulsory choice. (3 units of 12 Archers, 2 units of 12 Lords Bowmen & 1 unit of 16 Guard)

I like to have a bit of variety so I've got a big block of Kindred with Spears (I can either do the full 30 or 2 lots of 18), 2 units of Elven Lords and Wardancers (normaly I'd only use one troupe of 9, but I can make 2) I''ve got a Treeman (but I didn't use him very often) and a couple of Wain Lord Chariots (although I don't transport these as they are quite fragile).

I've also got quite a few Orcs & Goblins, mostly Savage Orcs (100ish), Savage orc Boar Riders (27) and Goblin Wolfboys (70 odd) along with other bits and pieces and a large High Elf Army.

Scalene

My sympathies, Curtis. That must have been very disappointing. I guess that although we got a good turn out at WHW, the number having to arrive late or leave early shows how constrained with real life commitments most of us are. The confusion over the dates probably didn't help. I guess we just need to organise in plenty of time and try to get a firm yes/no where possible.

Regarding future games, I don't need many players for the Chainsaw Warrior game - that has room for one or two Chainsaw Warrior players, possibly one Darkness player (if not controlled by me/junior) and the GM. Would probably take about 3 hours all told. Skarsnik seemed interested so if we can get him, you and me out on the same evening, that's a full house. I need a little bit more time to work on it and I'm on holiday mid-to late April. Might be able to do it last week in April/early May.

axiom

I understand the frustration Curtis...it is tricky arranging stuff though. For context, my weekday evenings looks like this:

Monday - deliver and pick up child A to cubs (or sit at home with child B and C while my wife does it)
Tuesday - deliver and pick up children A and B to acrobatics (or sit at home...); sit at home while wife goes running
Wednesday - either go to life drawing class, Necromunda campaign or Blood Bowl league (depending what's on)
Thursday - play badminton, get back and sit at home whilecwife goes running
Friday - free

Often I don't get to do the Wed or Thurs stuff as I'm regularly away with work.

The game at WHW was a possibility due to planetary alignment or similar. I'm up for more stuff, but it really does have to be on the odd occasions when it allows, rather than a regular thing, although I'd drop a Wed evening stuff for an Oldhammer session :)

I know it doesnt make it that much more palatable, but I keep hoping that I'll get more time as the kids get older. Can you wait another 5 years? ;)

Back