Chainsaw Warrior with Space Hulk rules

Scalene

Edited 28 July 2015 to confirm schedule
-----------------------------------------------
Current plans are:
Friday 2pm - Skarsnik as CW (one CW place free)
Saturday 10am - Tatsujin as CW (one CW place free)
Saturday 5pm - Thinking about doing another slot if there is interest. No players yet.
Sunday 1pm - Just John as CW (one CW place free), Tatsujin as Darkness

As an added inducement I'll be giving away a model of Darkness (unpainted), to the first player to kill Darkness - or the one who got nearest at the end of the weekend. It's this demon from my range sold by Lancer http://lancerminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=123&products_id=1243

If you want to play then please post in this thread, and let me know promptly if your plans change and you can't make it. I will run a waiting list if necessary. You will need to know 1st edition Space Hulk rules (particular activation, command points and overwatch), otherwise you won't stand a chance.
cw_poster.jpg

-----------------------------------------------

Original post at start of thread:
I've started a new project which I'm planning to take to BOYL 2015. Basically it would be using Space Hulk turn sequence and movement rules with Chainsaw Warrior models. 1 -3 players would have 60 minutes of real time to take up to 3 squads of troops into some custom building layouts and battle through a horde of zombies, chaos agents, rats and mutants to kill Darkness (if they get that far). It would be a participation game so you could either pre-book or just turn up and play.

If you would be interested in playing then please let me know - it would encourage me to crack on with it and get it done if I knew there were definitely prospective players.

Got the Chainsaw Warriors ready to go, and more is already in the pipeline.
chwarrior.jpg

bug16

That sounds like it'll be a lot of fun! Assuming I can make it this year (I'm 50/50) I'd definitely be interested in playing that! :)

Scalene

I have made the first prototype board for my Chainsaw Warrior “2D” – Chainsaw Warrior with Space Hulk rules. The board will be made up of 30cm squares. I bought a big sheet of hardboard from B&Q – they offer a free timber cutting service and can have it sliced up for you very precisely with their massive saw. The floor plans that I made in Photoshop have been printed, and I have also done some doors. These were glued to mounting board and then cut up with a scalpel before gluing to their bases with PVA.

Here you can see a sample, populated by zombies (Wargames Factory) and a couple of Chaos Agents (one is a home made cultist and the other a converted Foundry monk).
chainsaw_warrior_prototype_.jpg

chainsaw_warrior_prototype2.jpg

chainsaw_warrior_prototype3.jpg

Fimm McCool

Yippee this looks sweet. Definitely hope to spectate this it looks like a good observer sport.

Can there be a big clock that ticks down ominously please? :)

tatsujin

This gets a thumbs up from me. I haven't been to BOYL yet, but will definitely attend this year.

Scalene

Second ever playtest of this today, and I've just posted a write up with lots of photos. Good game, a real nailbiter. Captured the increasingly desperate atmosphere well.
cw2_02.jpg

cw2_18.jpg

Chico

Looks like such fun, alas I'm already way over booked for BOYL but I'll try to at least watch with a beer or 6 :)

cheetor

This looks like loads of fun, a great idea. I would love to get involved.

Im currently down for three games at BOYL but I dont know how well they fit together scheduling wise. Would you mind pencilling me in for this Scalene and I will get back to you when I know how well the various games fit together?

Scalene

From the playtests we've done, it looks as though a game takes getting on for three hours even though there is only 60 minutes of player time, so I probably won't have time for more than about 3 "sittings" in total. That means about 6 people can play. (2 chainsaw warriors in each game). We've only done it with one player controlling both Chainsaw Warrior squads, so I've got to work out how to deal with command points and the timer if there are two.

So far I've got expressions of interest from:
- Bug16
- Skarsnik
- Cheetor

Until we know what else is being scheduled and what it might clash with, I can confirm places. If there are any spare then it'll be open for late bookings. If there aren't enough players then a single player could control both squads.

You do need to be reasonably familiar with the Space Hulk rules (otherwise a) your turns will take ages and you'll run out of time, and b) the zombies will hammer you), although I'll post up exactly what you need to know and what the 'house rules' are well in advance.

tatsujin

Please consider this an expression of interest.

I'm a big Chainsaw Warrior fan and 1st ed Space Hulk player.

Alxbates

Great paintjobs! I have one Chainsaw Warrior miniature, this makes me want to dig him up and paint him!

Skarsnik

I'd like to sign up for session 1 of this on the Saturday please, as I have another game on the Sunday morning.

Scalene

Great, looking forward to it. I've finally started building the Meat Machine, so the last major piece is about to fall into place.

Back