Dwarfs + Gobbos + Elfs

Make us dream with all your oldhammer stuff!

Moderator: Moderators

Post Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:18 pm

Re: Dwarfs + Gobbos + Elfs

One down plenty to go.

Close up

Thanks to the people who gave me the shields I needed, the one shown is the first of many I will be making for this project.

Post Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:20 pm

Stunning as always mate! the muted palette lets you focus on the wonderfully dynamic poses these Cav have and ensure that the little touches (gems etc) really pop. Great inspiration!

Cheers,

Blue
3rd Edition will rise AGAIN!!!!
My Painting collecting...and sometimes gaming Blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

Post Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:30 pm

Still waiting for my basing supplies and shinny metal paint to arrive and as I like to base my models and then finish them off I've hit a brick wall. However I've nearly finished another 3 so thought I'd post a few pictures.

The 3 new cavalry

Close up

Group shot

Continuing the muted colour scheme I've moved away from red and gone for a brownish/red colour instead. Hopefully it will work when it comes to recreating Mike McVey's standard from his army. I had real trouble with the guy with no helmets face as there's not that much detail so he will definitely be hiding I the back somewhere.

Post Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:35 pm

Finally got my hands on my basing supplies and have been able to do a couple of test pieces. I'm using Gale Force 9 flock plus some of their clump foliage for the bases, the flock is like finely shredded sponge and the clump foliage is again sponge like but not so fine, so good for creating bigger areas.

The one on the left is just the flock, I began with the darkest colour and worked up to the lightest. It took several goes to get a nice look. With the right side one I started with the clump foliage which gave a nice height to the base and then using the flock I repeated what I did on the other one. I like the results so now that's out of the way I can get on with finishing off the first 4.

Post Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:19 pm

Those bases look great! I will probably do something similar with my WEs...possibly with the addition of some of the little leaf/seed thingies to give a bit of woodland fell to it.

I look forward to seeing some of those on your superb Cav!

Cheers,

Blue
3rd Edition will rise AGAIN!!!!
My Painting collecting...and sometimes gaming Blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

Post Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:55 pm

Those elves are looking great so far!

In Dreamfish we trust
In Dreamfish we trust

Post Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:46 am

The horses are really great.I must give that a go.

Post Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:31 pm

@Blue in VT: Sadly I've been unable to buy any Birch seeds to use as leaves but I do walk past several everyday at work so I'm just going to have to wait until there ready to drop !!!

@Harry: I'm glad you like the horses. I must admit I was very apprehensive about painting the horses but not only did they come out well they were also rather easy to paint.

Post Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:14 pm

Looking good, the bases are shaping up nicely.

Always wished I had some of those Elf cavalry but I definitely can't afford to start collecting fantasy armies as well... :lol:

Cap'n Smyrk

Post Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:46 pm

I've finally completed the first 4 that I started so long ago, it was only a case of basing and putting a shield on them but seems to have taken for ages (damn you real life !!). Originally I painted the shields just green but felt that as I wanted to go for a green/red colour scheme I needed to work red into the shields as well. I toyed around with various designs but in the end went for a very simple stripe, this has had the positive effect of bringing a nice uniformity to them even though I've gone for 3 styles of shield.

I've also started on my standard bearer, the rider is still a work in progress but the horse in done. For the horse I went for one of my rarer horses and also changed up the basic colour scheme to try and make him stand out from the others. As for the actual banner I've rolled out the greenstuff so just need to work on the design. As I've stated I'd like to work on the original Mike McVey design and that's still the plan but I will need to tweak the colours as his cavalry had a red/green/white scheme whereas I'm just going for red/green. Anyway hope you like .

PreviousNext

Return to Showroom