Forenrond's Last Stand- After hours pubhammer?

Fimm McCool

As a few people will know I am in the process of chopping up a WFB3 rulebook... there is method to the madness and I will post properly about it soon. But in the meantime I have decided to chop up and use the cardboard templates, counters etc at the end of the book, since I'm chopping it around and all that anyhow. So...

Would anyone be up for playing Forenrond's Last Stand (the scenario from the back of the rulebook) WITH the card counters as provided AND would anyone fancy doing it at whatever hotel we end up at (bump for group booking request!) or whatever pub we end up drinking at? A 2d-card battle might be perfect for a portable small-scale bout.

I'm thinking depending on number of players we could maybe have a player taking a unit each and mixing up elf and greenskin turns to make it a bit more interesting?

Coopdevil

I did a set of counters for The Battle At The Farm, although I used a scan, GIMP to remove the colour, and printed the two sides on coloured card. I put the sheets through the laminator before cutting them apart.

IMG_0850xxx.JPG

These are on 30mm square pieces of watercolour board but for a game with ranked up counters I'd consider blu-tacking them down to a movement tray.

There's also this - http://fightingfantasist.blogspot.co.uk ... -mass.html - which I think fits on a 2-3' table.

Coop

Erny

I did this first time round! That is to say my firs battles were with the card counters. Since then I've played the scenario multiple times from both sides and as a GM (call me obsessed). Anyone wanting some tactical hints let me know...

Oh and pubhammer? No. Pub is for drink and stupid talk not pushing card around. Just my opinion of course.

Fimm McCool

Just John":3rsurwty said:
Count me in. I'll even try to make up some 2D terrain as well.

That was exactly my thought. :)

Erny":3rsurwty said:
Anyone wanting some tactical hints let me know...

Oh and pubhammer? No. Pub is for drink and stupid talk not pushing card around. Just my opinion of course.

I will do so... and I can see your point about the pub, I did wonder whether it would be time to give the gaming a rest. Still going to bring it for the odd half hour of downtime though!

Oh, and I meant to put this in BOYL 2015... can a nice Mod move it? Or in the absence of a nice Mod, a nasty Mod will do! :)

Back