[BOYL15] Oldbowl 2015 -Almost Full

Fimm McCool

Re: [BOYL15] Oldbowl 2015

I look forward to watching, never having experienced the joy of BB, despite having an astrogranite pitch in a box somewhere...

This can be the second year Chico has introduced me to a 'new' old game, his Epic overview last year was most insightful. :grin:

Chico

Aye fimm join in, it's a rather enjoyable game which so long as you understand the tacklezone and a few of the basic rules you are good to go:)

Bane

I'd be interested in playing, if I can get my orc team finished in time.... Don't care which ruleset we play, I wouldn't know the difference and I only have a pretty rudimentary knowledge of the rules anyway. Smack the opposition around, maybe consider the ball, but mostly have fun with some good lookin' minis.

Chico

Welcome too play mate, a fair few months away yet though so anything could change heh

JP.

Going to have to start hunting down a Halfling team :grin:

Which version of the rules will be used? EDIT: never mind, just reread the opening post. Damn these halfling coaches - never see all the way to the top.

JP.

So have decided to resurrect my first ever BB team, the Orc juggernaut that is the Sin City Renegades.

Here is the initial set up:

SCRroster.png

and here are the models I've chosen to use:

orcteammkIIlr.jpg

Black Scorpion do a great range of fantasy football models for Elves, Humans, Chaos, Orcs and Skaven. I think my next one will be a Chaos team.

Chico

So yesterday it was brought to me that as it's Swiss and not knock out that team progression is a option. I'm not too sure if this'll work or not what do you lot think?

I never played in a event which does this (Or seen) so thats either a good or a bad thing heh

Leromides

For those of us considering a halfling team I think it's a bad idea as I'm expecting a casualty count not dissimilar to the start of saving private Ryan.

Chico

Leromides":3ndnv5id said:
For those of us considering a halfling team I think it's a bad idea as I'm expecting a casualty count not dissimilar to the start of saving private Ryan.

Aye 1 bad game can't screw a team from a start I guess, but the idea of gaining SPP and lvling up was/is tempting, not to mention seeing Star Players popping up. Whatever happens it'll be a group choice as it's a large change/option.

Leromides

The levelling up part is one of the most entertaining parts of a blood bowl league it's true but as you say a bad game can leave a team crippled for the rest of the tournament. It can also add considerably to the length of the game, you might want to consider the shorter blood bowl 7s format if you really want to have team progression. Star players could be brought in by allowing players to have a star player appropriate to their team that they can use in one match only without going the whole league system thing.

Skarsnik

The most common thing for events played over a single day or weekend (as opposed to an ongoing league) is that all casualties disappear at the end of each game, but also no SPP or skills are earned.

However, they normally allow a 'package' of skills. For example; 5 normal skill rolls and one 'double' roll, distributed amongst your team, with no more than one skill per player. One option is to assign them all before the start of the tournament, but another choice is you get one skill after each game you play, to represent team progression like it might be in a league.

Chico

Having a good think about it all, but so far it seems there are 3 options that could work very well.

1> Bog Standard games/teams
2> Boy Standard games/teams but you have a single use Star Player (Maybe Non-Big Guy??)
3> Skills Package or SPP and lvling up.

Honestly I'm thinking No.2, as that was a good idea Batman :grin:

Thanks for input everyone :grin:

Skarsnik

Chico":1rzn0k79 said:
Having a good think about it all, but so far it seems there are 3 options that could work very well.

1> Bog Standard games/teams
2> Boy Standard games/teams but you have a single use Star Player (Maybe Non-Big Guy??)
3> Skills Package or SPP and lvling up.

Honestly I'm thinking No.2, as that was a good idea Batman :grin:

Thanks for input everyone :grin:

I think all of those would work just fine. Number two might unbalance things slightly, but as this is oldhammer and not a tournament, I wouldn't have a problem with that :)

Chico

Aye even though there will be a winner who gets the Oldbowl 2015 Trophy this isn't a tournament rather a event with a fixed outcome. plus a prize for most sporting person.

Unless theres any major changes between now and the event option 2 has the green light with the following revision :).

So once per the Oldbowl Cup at the start of any game you may include a single Star Player (Non-Big Guy) which is allowed for your team as per all standard restrictions. Alternatively you may include a Team Wizard or 2 Bloodweiser Babes if you prefer.

Leromides

Chico":d28w6ppp said:
Aye even though there will be a winner who gets the Oldbowl 2015 Trophy this isn't a tournament rather a event with a fixed outcome. plus a prize for most sporting person./i]

Absolutely this is an event with a fixed outcome. That outcome being the GLORIOUS AND INEVITABLE TRIUMPH OF THE BUZZY BUMBLES! NO TEAM CAN STAND BEFORE THE MIGHTY HALFLINGS! YOU'RE ALL GOING DOWN! :)

Chico

Leromides":12aejkgj said:
Chico":12aejkgj said:
Aye even though there will be a winner who gets the Oldbowl 2015 Trophy this isn't a tournament rather a event with a fixed outcome. plus a prize for most sporting person./i]

Absolutely this is an event with a fixed outcome. That outcome being the GLORIOUS AND INEVITABLE TRIUMPH OF THE BUZZY BUMBLES! NO TEAM CAN STAND BEFORE THE MIGHTY HALFLINGS! YOU'RE ALL GOING DOWN! :)

Sorry Treemen are banned... so are Halfling Chefs, plus each Halfling counts as 2 player slots so a max team of 8 only :)

Back