A blast from the past

Harry

Thantsants":1xhcb6os said:
Just lovely 8-)

I always think that lion looks a little melancholy though - the sculpt not the paint job of course.
Thanks.
Yes he does look a bit sad.

Maybe he needs some friends .... :grin:

I forgot these

img9995wo.jpg

img9993x.jpg

these are from Grenadier miniatures. (From a long time ago!) They had riders but they were small even for 25mm.

Thantsants

Nice minis - I might keep my eye out for some as pets for my Bollrbrjótr - Norse women who were too feisty and got chucked out of Skeggi into the Lustrian jungles to fend for themseves!

Padre

A great thread, with a good few things my addled brain recognises. Have you finished the 'Romanesque' guy, 'cos I have him (painted badly in enamels) and would like to see how good he can look?

Ti Pouchon

Brilliant stuff indeed. Thanks for posting!
I've never even seen most of this stuff. The only things I have in my collection too are the old spectre and the 'misty' vampire. Mine already have tabs, though.

Naagruz

Nice to see your thread here Harry. :)

I never realized how great those original Chaos Hounds were till seeing yours painted up. I'm inspired to find a few!

Harry

@Thantsants
Thanks. Wolves are the obvious choice but not so many of those knocking around the jungle.
Sabre tooths might be a good bet ... they are specifically emntioned as existing in the Lustrian jungles. (in 2nd or 3rd Edition)

@Padre
Thanks. Roman guy is finished. not sure why I don't have a photo of him .... but I have checked and I don't ... so I will get a photo the next time I am taking some and update this thread.

@Ti Pouchon
Yes, all this stuff is pretty old ... but eventually as I work through my stuff you might start to recognise a few old friends.

@Naagruz
Thanks ... nice to be here amongst folsk that are really into this old rubbish. :grin:
I do see these hounds from time to time on E-bay ... they have a fair bit fo detail for such early sculpts. These guys go back to the Dragon catalogue.

@Chico
Thanks. I have lots of favorites amonst the pre slotta stuff .... so many the hounds don't even make it into the top ten. :grin:

Harry

Small update.

Not sure why I painted her. One of the earliest minis I had kicking around without any paint.
Really quick paint job.

She is from early 1982 one of the Fiend factory resculpts FF 8-2 Harpy

017wj.jpg

016egg.jpg

Harry

Orlygg":xtztap05 said:
Fantastic dark age warriors. What range are they from?

I am sorry ... I thought around these parts they would need no introduction ... hang on.

Have a close look ... come on you know they look familiar ....

img9113m.jpg

img9112c.jpg

img9110r.jpg

img9116h.jpg

Harry

Here they are in the second Citadel compendium: (as fighters)

citcomp201902.jpg

But this is who they are:
The first two guys in my pictures are Sven and Ben Stoutback.
They are Norse from the village of Skeggi in Lustria:
They were the characters for the Legend of Kremlo the Slann.

IF ANYONE HAS A KREMLO TO TRADE ... PLEASE DROP ME A PM.

citcomp105202.jpg

This was my WIP shot from a while ago:

img9135h.jpg

Loving this guy:

img9136ol.jpg

Harry

Ohhh. Do post them up. I had a hell of a time settling on colours and I am not convinced about some of these paint jobs.

Thantsants

You'll have to wait a week to see them here as they're being voted on now and the rules state that you shouldn't post pics elsewhere.

Or you could wander over to the LAF (Jarls of the Stoutbacks) although I wouldn't want to appear to be canvassing for votes! :grin:

I really like your colour choices - actually I prefer them to mine! I was trying to go for a blue and green scheme to tie them in with Kremlo's BlueSpineSpick heritage (and my previous paintjob of him), but I'm not sure it quite works as the contrasting colours I chose jar a little...

Here's the berserker though from last year's comp.

and Kremlo - although you may have seen these two already in my Lustrian thread?

Leadpest

Really such inspiring work. I've never been into those lesser night goblins but seeing 'em all nicely painted and ranked-up makes me want to collect them. Darn it! Another project forces itself upon me!

Back