The Oldhammer Goblin

Conversion finished!

Blurb on the blog here: http://theottovonbismark.wordpress.com/2014/08/27/halflequin-conversion/

halflequin_01.jpg

halflequin_02.jpg

Asslessman

cheetor":1ti3rdvt said:
Great painting JB! You seem to have upped your game a bit for this guy.

Huuum not really but thanks ! I haven't spend more than 4 hours onthis one but th emain difference with the ones you saw at BOYL is that it isn't drowned in an inch thick layer of varnish, that changes quite a lot of things.
The fact it's a model not meant for any game or any project and painted just for fun and with gratitude may show in the painting...

Now come on people I haven't seen more than 4 painted examples and a converted one, that's under 5% completion here !

Asslessman

You can feel the moustache beneath the mask and the model is gorgeous indeed. What a treat, how many left is there to paint now ?

Thanks guys. The mirror shades effect looks complex but it is pretty straight forward to do really and it can be done a lot more nicely that I am capable of. I would definitely try more of the chrome mirror type effects in future projects.

Are halflings even capable of growing facial hair? They probably aren't as it would turn them into dwarves or gnomes right?

Blue in VT

fantastic work Sean! He has tremendous character...and I love that you can see his base tag and the word "oldhammer" perfect!

Blue

cheetor

I am delighted to see that the little guy made the trip intact and also got painted so rapidly.

Good job CVB :)

Blue in VT":2iv7ept0 said:
fantastic work Sean! He has tremendous character...and I love that you can see his base tag and the word "oldhammer" perfect!

Blue

Cheers Blue. :)

Great stuff, his red era influenced styling should fit nicely with the rest of your greenskins CBV. I like that you can still see the Oldhammer peeking through the flock if you squint at it.

Asslessman

theottovonbismark":121usd0u said:
I like that you can still see the Oldhammer peeking through the flock if you squint at it.

Oldhammer lurking ! :lol:

Really nice Bruno, you're now the proud owner of the only painted oldhammer goblin of the Southern Hemisphere... Hope this won't change you ;)

Asslessman":1k8jyn1k said:
theottovonbismark":1k8jyn1k said:
I like that you can still see the Oldhammer peeking through the flock if you squint at it.

Oldhammer lurking ! :lol:

Really nice Bruno, you're now the proud owner of the only painted oldhammer goblin of the Southern Hemisphere... Hope this won't change you ;)

See it's already changed him, he is ignoring us now! :shock:

Ha, no- I keep losing this thread, honest :oops:

There's whole sections of this forum I really should look into more often.

Otto your Harlequin conversion is insanely good!

JB mentioned wanting to paint his nice and early to avoid influence, though I didn't look again I'd already seen Scalene's Foundry schemed dude and I did take some cues off of that.

And yeah I wanted to have the oldhammer on the base showing but got a little too liberal with the glue and sand :o

Back