Oldhammer Weekender 2014

weazil

ramshackle_curtis":jev9txt5 said:
I have forgotten what date this thing is on, please post it in the thread title or on the opening post!

Hi there

It's on the 8th/9th/10th of August - two weeks away.

Golgfag1

Called in at East Stoke on the way up this afternoon - just have to say Foundry have pulled the stops out for us this weekend, all looking good for a excellent weekend of Old hammer. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Thanks to all at Foundry for your stirling efforts

Paul / Golgfag1

PS I did pick up a few bits and pieces while I was there, it would have been rude not to.

Golgfag1":w37490w5 said:
Called in at East Stoke on the way up this afternoon - just have to say Foundry have pulled the stops out for us this weekend, all looking good for a excellent weekend of Old hammer. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Paul / Golgfag1

PS I did pick up a few bits and pieces while I was there, it would have been rude not to.

I passed right by this evening on the way back from Chesterfield but frustratingly too late to call in :(

Looking forward to this Saturday :grin:

ChaosChild

Golgfag1":19zodmhw said:

Paul / Golgfag1

You picked a somewhat hectic day to pop in. :grin:

Golgfag1

Dear All,

I find myself at Home with a cold, without the enthusiasm to do a great deal other than feel fairly sorry for myself and contemplate my navel; where is this leading, I hear you beginning to mumble and why post in this topic? Well, a chance conversation over a pint or two on Saturday night with a couple of gentlemen from across the water attending BOYL - led to a discussion about all sorts of things and a particular film was mentioned - The Holy Mountain - Well, being a fairly open minded chap, today - I WATCHED IT and have to say - Gentlemen, I see your point - great symbolism; but it was rather 70's avant-garde (excuse for a (in no particular order) drug, drink and sex fueled binge around Mexico) which really didn't have a great deal to say - A part from - Sorry God, we really do muck things up and we must repeat the exercise, just so we can do it all over again!
Thanks for an experience I won't be repeating in the none too distant future. :?

Paul / Golgfag1

For those of you who wish to share my joy, follow the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDdsSW20NhU

Jodorwski at his most controversial. El Topo is a bit of an easier film to watch to be honest, but I just love Holy Mountain. I should make some figures from it!

It is worth watching "Jodorwskis Dune" as it will help you to understand the guy better and so be able to place his artistic vision. Also has LOADS of cool stuff about Dune in it. It is about him trying to get Dune made as a 20 hour psychedelic art extravaganza. I mean it was epic! He got Salvador Dali to agree to play the Emperor!

Yay you watched it Paul! :)

I doubt many people will watch it a second time, one visual scarring is enough for most people I suspect.

Hopefully we will get around to Holy Mountain the campaign in the next year, I kid you not!

The first steps have been taken...

inqjodorowsky1.jpg

http://sho3box.wordpress.com/2014/05/16/ordo-hereticus-inquisitor-jodorowsky/

Curtis, if you make some Holy Mountain inspired stuff that would be just splendid! Really I must check out the Dune documentary now.

Asslessman

I remember we talked about it a little on Sunday Morning Paul, I'm a huge fan of Jorowsky and I obviously really like the Holy mountain (what I really like his how he managed to drug all the casting and technician to get everyone in the right mindset as the legend says).

Holy Mountain inspired game? Yes, count me in that one please.

Back