BOYL The Engines of Avalone Siege game

Thantsants

Love the back story Erny - If I get time I'll add the viewpoint from my Orc Warlord...

Just about there with the painting but am up in the Lakes today and tomorrow again - hopefully there will be a siege tower and covered ram kit awaiting me to be painted up Wednesday/Thursday.

Other than that I will have the following to bring

Defenders
Boiling oil, rock droppers, etc from the Siege Defenders set
6 Mounted Knights
20 Human Pike
15 Wood Elf Archers
20 Wood Elf Guard (archers)
20 or so assorted Dwarves including 5 Dwarf crossbowmen
10 Human Forresters
10 Gnomes
6 Dwarf Sappers + various 1 and 2 inch sections of sandbag walls for them to build
Makeshift barricades
Mealie bag walls
wooden pallisades, fences and other stuff for hastily fortified homesteads and farms
1 Treeman
1 Zoat
Wood Elf Animal handlers with cats, dogs and a bear
(A load of Norse if we need them)
a dozen or so villagers
4 wounded with stretchers
2 carts with draft animals
3 pack mules

Attackers
2 Wyverns
1 Giant
1 Evil Giant/Giant Troll
10 x Golgfag's Ogres
6 x Ogres
6 Trolls + Goblin Shaman on Giant Spider
10 x Snortas
6 x Gruntas
20 x Gobbo Wolf riders
30 x Rugluds Armoured Orcs
20 x Ugezods Mothercrushers
30 x Orc warriors
24 x Savage Orcs
25 x Orc Spearmen
21 x Orc Archers
36 x Gobbo Stickas
31 x Grom's Goblin Guard
30 x Goblin warriors
30 x Goblin Spearmen
20 x Swamp Goblins
1 x War Tortoise Ajax with Swamp Goblin crew
5 Stone Throwers including Man Mangler and Skullcrusher
Leadbelcher
2 Hobgoblin Rocket launchers
10 Hobhounds and 2 handlers
3 Orc Shamans
1 Goblin shaman
1 bound Hippogriff
2 log rams
various ladders
1 siege tower (to be built)
1 covered ram (to be built)

I had hoped to get Throgg's despoiling Hobgoblins done in time but that looks unlikely now. Similarly I had another 20 Orc archers and 30 of the lovely old plastic Orcs from the Warhammer Regiments box set which probably won't make it along with a few more hobhounds and handlers to beef up the Hobgoblin contingent.

I decided didn't have time to do the Marauder Giant justice so he'll have to wait for another time.

Oh nearly forgot my secret weapon - Kev Adams and his dastardly band of Snotling and Snorklings!

If he doesn't make it onto the battlefield as my general he'll certainly end up in the Foundry category for the painting comp :lol:

Oh and bravo to you all for your fantastic efforts in build and painting stuff - this is going to be a game of truly epic proportions!

Thantsants":26xepbzy said:
Love the back story Erny - If I get time I'll add the viewpoint from my Orc Warlord...

Just about there with the painting but am up in the Lakes today and tomorrow again - hopefully there will be a siege tower and covered ram kit awaiting me to be painted up Wednesday/Thursday.

Other than that I will have the following to bring

Defenders
Boiling oil, rock droppers, etc from the Siege Defenders set
6 Mounted Knights
20 Human Pike
15 Wood Elf Archers
20 Wood Elf Guard (archers)
20 or so assorted Dwarves including 5 Dwarf crossbowmen
10 Human Forresters
10 Gnomes
6 Dwarf Sappers + various 1 and 2 inch sections of sandbag walls for them to build
Makeshift barricades
Mealie bag walls
wooden pallisades, fences and other stuff for hastily fortified homesteads and farms
1 Treeman
1 Zoat
Wood Elf Animal handlers with cats, dogs and a bear
(A load of Norse if we need them)
a dozen or so villagers
4 wounded with stretchers
2 carts with draft animals
3 pack mules

Attackers
2 Wyverns
1 Giant
1 Evil Giant/Giant Troll
10 x Golgfag's Ogres
6 x Ogres
6 Trolls + Goblin Shaman on Giant Spider
10 x Snortas
6 x Gruntas
20 x Gobbo Wolf riders
30 x Rugluds Armoured Orcs
20 x Ugezods Mothercrushers
30 x Orc warriors
24 x Savage Orcs
25 x Orc Spearmen
21 x Orc Archers
36 x Gobbo Stickas
31 x Grom's Goblin Guard
30 x Goblin warriors
30 x Goblin Spearmen
20 x Swamp Goblins
1 x War Tortoise Ajax with Swamp Goblin crew
5 Stone Throwers including Man Mangler and Skullcrusher
Leadbelcher
2 Hobgoblin Rocket launchers
10 Hobhounds and 2 handlers
3 Orc Shamans
1 Goblin shaman
1 bound Hippogriff
2 log rams
various ladders
1 siege tower (to be built)
1 covered ram (to be built)

I had hoped to get Throgg's despoiling Hobgoblins done in time but that looks unlikely now. Similarly I had another 20 Orc archers and 30 of the lovely old plastic Orcs from the Warhammer Regiments box set which probably won't make it along with a few more hobhounds and handlers to beef up the Hobgoblin contingent.

I decided didn't have time to do the Marauder Giant justice so he'll have to wait for another time.

Oh nearly forgot my secret weapon - Kev Adams and his dastardly band of Snotling and Snorklings!

If he doesn't make it onto the battlefield as my general he'll certainly end up in the Foundry category for the painting comp :lol:

Oh and bravo to you all for your fantastic efforts in build and painting stuff - this is going to be a game of truly epic proportions!

53281007_zps80b76892.jpg

Golgfag1

Whilst gathering my few bits & pieces together for the weekend I found about three foot of universal trench/field defenses (unpainted) are these of any use? Will apply a basic coat of paint as I now have an reason to take them out of the box in the next twelve hours! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul / Golgfag1

Thantsants":1xbtj6nq said:

So you're saying there's a chance that Kev Adams will be judging a painting competition containing a figure of Kev Adams sculpted by Kev Adams? Are you TRYING to break the universe?? :p

weazil

Captain Crooks":osr3jefg said:
Thantsants":osr3jefg said:

So you're saying there's a chance that Kev Adams will be judging a painting competition containing a figure of Kev Adams sculpted by Kev Adams? Are you TRYING to break the universe?? :p

Hmmm...the man has a point. It is a little irresponsible... ;)

Thantsants

Well maybe I'll just put the Snorklings in - would be funny though :lol:

Quite like the idea of breaking the universe too... :twisted:

I'm still having him as general of my Goblinoid horde - or at least as some kind of Pied Piper of Goblins!

Martin

Hey,

Is it too late to join in the siege?
I will try to bring as many archers, men-at-arms and some foot knights as I can safely cram into my luggage. I’ll be at the event from Friday to Sunday by the way. If possible I’ll upload some images of the stuff I bring later today.

Well, let me know if there is room for one more in the festivities!

Cheers
Martin

Harry

Took a break from painting this morning and played with an Army list.

I have included no magic items and the magic users are all level 5
(Didn't know what level of magic you wanted to include so left it real low....I can up it as required).

The Grand Army of Bretonnia. (3,000 Points)

General, Wizards and Standard Bearer:

The Grand Duc a l’Arange w. Lance and Heavy Armour / Riding Hippogriffe. (155)/200 355
The Army Standard Bearer. The Viscomte Bisquit. (80)
2 x Wizards (Amorciers) (60) 120
1 Cleric (Prior Gilbert) Amorcier (60) 60

Knights:

6 Chevaliers De Notre Damme De Bataille with Lance and Heavy Armour. (29) 174

Retainers:

Baron with Double-Handed weapon and Light Armour (34) 34
20 Retainers with Double-Handed Weapons and Light Armour. (9 points)
Inc: Standard bearer and Champion: 189

Baron with spear and shield (34) 34
20 Retainers with Spears and Light Armour and shields. (9 points)
Inc: Standard bearer and Champion: 189

Baron with Bow and Light Armour (34) 34
20 Retainers with Bows and Light Armour. (9 points)
Inc: Champion and Musician: With Horn of Valour +1 to Fear tests. (25) 214

20 Retainers with Crossbows and Light Armour. (10 points)
Inc: Standard bearer and Champion: 210

Baron Ludwig Von Sapponatime. 33
14 Retainers with Spears and Double-Handed Weapons Light armour and shields. (11)
Inc Standard bearer and Champion: 165

Baron Boeuf de Bourguigon with Sword and Light armour riding horse. (35) 35
8 Retainers with Crossbows. (8)
Inc: Champion with Crossbow and Light armour: (10) 66

Brigands:

Gaston L’Grand.
15 Brigands with Crossbows and Light Armour. (10 points)
Inc: Standard bearer and Champion. 160

Count Hertz Vanhire with Double-Handed weapon and Light armour. 109
9 Brigands with crossbows and Light armour.(10)
Including Standard bearer. 90

Jac
6 Brigands with Crossbows and Light armour
Inc: Champion. (Jac) 60

Feudal levy:

(Baron) Robert fitzHarding with Bow and Light Armour. 34
40 Peasants Bows (No armour) (3)
Including Musician and Champion(s) 60

Allies: Wood Elves:

Animal Handler (13) 5 bears (20) 113
Animal handler (13) 5 Wild Cats. (21) 128
Animal Handler (13) 2 Boars (12) 37
Animal handler (13) 5 Warhounds (4) 33
2 Treemen (280) 560

Characters 4-16 (Max 50%) 923
Rank and File: 50-100% 1477
Mercenaries/Allies: 25% Wood Elves 871
Total: 3271

Extras:
3 Unicorns (40 points) / 1 Pegasus (14 Points) / 1 Zoat (275) / Life Elemental (1000)

I can also bring a smaller Contingent from the Empire.

Harry

Vyper":36v54m0l said:
Harry":36v54m0l said:
Life Elemental (1000)
They can do what?!
Pretty much anything they want. :twisted:

At the moment she will have to be a water Elemental (see Page 271-271 Rule book) ... Unless I have time to hunt down the White Dwarf that had the rules for the Life and Death Elemental.... But that is OK as she is the Lady of the Lake. :mrgreen:

Vyper

Harry":1lz2uaf5 said:
At the moment she will have to be a water Elemental (see Page 271-271 Rule book) ... Unless I have time to hunt down the White Dwarf that had the rules for the Life and Death Elemental.... But that is OK as she is the Lady of the Lake. :mrgreen:

I'm sure I remember seeing the rules for life/death Elementals in one of the rulebooks I own. But I can't for the life of me think which one...

Hmm.. let me have a quick look...

.. right, found it, it was in WFRP 1st edition, p258 - The Mardagg and Viydagg!

Thantsants

Martin":12fxrfoe said:
Hey,

I will try to bring as many archers, men-at-arms and some foot knights as I can safely cram into my luggage. I’ll be at the event from Friday to Sunday by the way. If possible I’ll upload some images of the stuff I bring later today.

Cheers
Martin

Why not - kind of lost track of who's playing when now but we'll try and squeeze you in somewhere!

Looking good Harry - looks like my Wyvers have got a fight for air superiority...

Just John":26lwz1qi said:
surprises?

Well, I can confirm that my previously GM'd giant frog of Lustria won't be making an appearance at this year's BOYL. It caused way too much destruction and casualties last year and was massively over-powered, and tipped the game hugely off balance.

Actually, hang on - it did sod all...

Thantsants":3bxyb1jm said:
Martin":3bxyb1jm said:
Hey,

Cheers
Martin

Why not - kind of lost track of who's playing when now but we'll try and squeeze you in somewhere!

Looking good Harry - looks like my Wyvers have got a fight for air superiority...

Since Paul is not running the "Get to the Other Side" game, I wonder if you could squeeze my Slann army in there somewhere...at least they are Neutral and are happy to fight for either side.

lenihan

Citadel Collector":14hks1j0 said:
Just John":14hks1j0 said:
surprises?

Well, I can confirm that my previously GM'd giant frog of Lustria won't be making an appearance at this year's BOYL. It caused way too much destruction and casualties last year and was massively over-powered, and tipped the game hugely off balance.

Actually, hang on - it did sod all...

That's the primary reason my elves are staying away this year! They're terrified of it!

Thantsants

Just John":oqbt1e59 said:
Is there a GM for this game? Like for surprises and stuff?

Let's just see if we can GM it to the surprise of finishing it! :lol:

Me and Erny will be co-GMing - I'm dipping out Sunday morning to play my big Epic game but hope to be back in the afternoon.

Back