Rogue Trader at Oldhammer

Coopdevil

OK, you might have read my blogpost on the idea here http://fightingfantasist.blogspot.co.uk ... rader.html

Anyway, this is what I'd like to run on one of the days (I want to play in the RoC warband big battle on the other day).

Each player needs a 10 man Tactical Squad of Space Marines (of any vintage - modern plastics are OK). This will be something like...

1 Squad Leader with whatever he is carrying (within reason).
7 Marines with bolt guns, bolt pistols, combat accessories and frag grenades.
1 Marine with a H-class weapon (Missile Launcher, Plasma Cannon, Heavy Bolter, Autocannon etc.)
1 Marine with a lighter support weapon (Plasma Gun, Flamer, Shuriken Catapult, Graviton Gun etc.)

WYSIWYG and painted please. You can split that down into two five-man squads if you wish. Missile and Grenade Launchers will be equipped with Frag and Krak.

Some loan squads will be available (it's the WMMS show in Wolverhampton this Sunday and I intend to go scavenging for cheap plastics) but those might run out so regard it as as yet another project (because frankly you don't have enough projects) to paint up ten marines for The Games. There's a good chance you have that floating around at home anyway.

These Marines will be fighting for the prize of Emperors Champion in the Gladiatorial Games on the Forgeworld of Ghun'Khryme-Kapitol somewhere in the Eastern Middle star cluster.

This will be every man for himself (assuming the numbers are not excessive) on a table that hopefully utilizes my idea of a good 1987-vintage RT game - low troop density, lots of terrain.

Score a point for a frag, enter and drop out as you see fit just like in an online FPS. No prizes, just the adoration of your peers (most of whom will, by now, be touching 40 or the wrong side thereof...)

But...

There will be surprises. The odd xeno incursion, the odd rogue missile landing on the table, sneaky field-tests of experimental kit by the Adeptus Mechanicus that sort of thing. Ideally everything that's a bit weird and potentially game-destroying lurking somewhere in the RT rulesbooks.

Which means that if things slow down, I see blatant camping and mutual non-agression pacts, things might starting livening up a bit...

Coop

EDIT - Forgot, rules will be 1987 RT book only, daft template deviation rules and all. This rather orphans Chaos Marines as the Traitor Legions don't exist yet.

No problem though, the Inquisition have been keeping a careful eye on a few Space Marine chapters who seem worryingly taken with the rites and symbolism of certain feral world warp-entity-worshipping cults. These chapters furthermore have taken to baroquely personalising their power armour with spikes, skulls and chains. Suffice to say the High Lords of Terra have still invited teams from these chapters although it is felt that their conduct and lack of discipline is starting to become a little bit of a problem...

Harry

I can bring a squad of a suitably lost and forgotton chapter ... but I do not know the rules.

Orlygg

Harry":c9gkzk7d said:
I can bring a squad of a suitably lost and forgotton chapter ... but I do not know the rules.

Six months to learn... I am up for this on the second day. Old school RT Ultramarines and World Eaters.

Coopdevil

Harry":3sppiuby said:

Rules are almost identical to WFB2 (which makes them very similar to WFB3). Stuff generally moves 4" with the 2" model coherency rule from WFB skirmishers, there is the usual Roll to Hit/Roll to Wound/Roll to Save. If you don't have the rulebook we can note down your weapon stats for you on the day.

There are two very underused RT-specific rules that I will highlight in the game description (Hiding and Splitting Squads) because they are the sort of things that, if I were a novice player, I'd like to know I could do before they were done to me.

Other than that though, if you've played WFB2 or WFB3 you'll be at home with at least 95% of it.

Coop

Coopdevil

Transmission from Astropath Brawd Kastinghaus...

Thought for the Day - Mr. Hammond, after careful consideration, I've decided not to endorse your park.

Brother Khyll-Khyll-Khyll of the Crimson Fists reports that he may have found the answer to the mystery of the disappearance upon Ghun'Khryme-Kapitol of Imperial Xenobiologist Priest Dayv id-Bhelamae, last seen somewhere within the Eastern Rad-Jungle Zone.

downloaddinox_zps84b30b20.jpg

Shortly after transmission of the above visio-image contact was lost with Brother Khyll-Khyll-Khyll. It is believed that the native population of large reptile carnivores may be higher than previously estimated and that issue of larger calibre ammunition and/or graviton guns may be required if a second exploratory team is sent to Ghun'Khryme-Kapitol to investigate the disappearance of Brother Khyll-Khyll-Khyll.

Coopdevil

Couple of guys very similar to the fellows on the right might make an appearance - as for the Ambull, I'm thinking of going properly old school and going back to the roots of the RT aliens - AD&D Umberhulk for the Ambull, CoC Hounds of Tindalos for Astral Hounds, etheral undead for Astral Spectres, AD&D Beholders for Enslavers etc. etc.

Anyway, was at the West Midlands Modelling Show in Wolverhampton today (spotted a certain Rick P perusing the stalls) and picked up Old Stompy McTinribs, fine example of the Imperial War Robot breed.

downloadrobotx_zps17257787.jpg

Previously employed in Grox herding, McTinribs is believed to have gone rogue, adulterating the Grox by-product intended for consumption by workers in the Imperium's Hive Worlds with waste matter from Imperial Army Rough Rider squadrons stationed on Shergar II. When this scandal came to light, McTinribs went AWOL from assigned post on Food Substitute (Grox Excreta) Factorum 13. Current whereabouts are unknown. McTinribs is held to be highly dangerous and should not be approached. If spotted contact your local Arbiter station house or Inquisition agent.

Inquisitor Veevill Asq Zekweshtuns is investigating claims that McTinribs managed to convince his Adeptus Mechanicus handler to "temporarily" replace his head with his spare, "evil" one. Purging of local Adeptus Mechanicus cult is proceeding as planned, Kill Ratio currently 29:1 in humanity's favour.

(Rackham AT-43 pre-paint. Might repaint it, will definately do groundworking on the base).

fuljason

Hey Coops, hopefully you will have a place for me at this table, I have a 2-3 RT marine squads that need revamping but I may rumage around for my renegades as I imagine you may have shortage of these squads and paint these.
J

Coopdevil

Jason, no problem the more the merrier in fact I imagine anybody hanging around within arms reach of the table will be grabbed, handed a tape measure and told "here, run this Dinosaur/Robot/Ambull" for a bit.

BTW do you game at the October club?

fuljason

October Club, no mate, I have considered it some time but my Badminton always on a Tuesday night. I am part of private gaming group that has been running for 20+ years on Friday nights, Drinking and tomfollery is the priority ;), we play mostly rpg's and boardgames on Fridays and sometimes meet other for WAB.
J

Coopdevil

Sorry I thought you might be a Jason of similar age and gaming interests that I've spoken to at that club a couple of times.

Just checking to see if this is still going ahead because this thread has been quite quiet? And if it is I still have to paint up a squad of marines.

I'll definately be bringing down my squad of Crimson Fists for this! Just need to decide what special and heavy weapons to bring along.

Norse

So, there was all sorts of stuff I needed to get done yesterday.

Instead I painted these up in case I get time to join in.

The Psychedelic Warlords chapter. Complete with scratch-built Silver Machine! It should be a tricycle really, but I rolled up a hover transport. Not that the vehicle is relevant for the weekend!

Naturally, the special weapon is a Needle Gun.

Attachments

• jse_20130826_171839.jpg
    jse_20130826_171839.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 1,715
  • jse_20130826_172106.jpg
    jse_20130826_172106.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 1,715
Back