[BOYL14 EVENT] Confrontation Royal Rumble

Asslessman

Crane is sublime and the crates are just too good. I'm on a day off taking care of my 6 month old but I'll get back in the hobby front very soon ;) I hope I'll be to see the table correctly through the tears of joy !

ChaosChild

Somehow nothing says 40K more than a perfectly serviceable and otherwise normal looking crane with a random heavy bolter on the roof. :lol:

That's gonna look brilliant on the board! I've just spent the afternoon gluing together some more MDF buildings I'll get photos on the blog tonight but they still need painting. The board is going to end up being quite dense if we want it to. Can't wait!

axiom

Excellent - that's a thumbs up then :)

Looking forward to seeing the mdf buildings you're working on WP...I've ordered a couple for my planned Necromunda table, and it's always good to see what other people are doing.

blogger-image--190963118.jpg

They are just cheap MDF sci-fi from this company http://www.wargame-model-mods.co.uk/ They should look ok when painted up.

axiom

There's a coincidence! I've ordered a couple of barracks / military buildings for some warehouses from the same place :)

Asslessman

Alright, I've rolled all the gangs yesterday and I'll finish editing the ref sheets today. I'll balance things one last time if needs be and will send you the sheets to know if you're ok with them. Some characters rolled are VERY tough while some others will have hard times. Apart from the fact a certain Dandy rolled an outrageous amount of 6s (giving hime the best stats of all the game) the gang corrections and a few changes from the almighty GM made the gangs quite balanced on the paper.

The gangs I have rolled are :

- The Sutter Dukes (Axiom's Bratts)
- The Daftscums (WP's techs)
- Imamu's eradicators (Antipixi's underhivers)
- The hIve Wolves (WP's underhivers)
- Rogue trader "Space Roger" and his crew (Asslessman's crew)

@ Colin : I named your gangs but I will obviously change those for the ones you'll chose !

From that I'll have everything I need to make your scenario/objectives by the end of the week.

They are perfectly serviceable names, thank you JB :grin:

While I'm here I thought you might like to see Ferrograd in use. The school club are having a days gaming as part of enrichment week and I thought I'd try out the board to see if there are bits and pieces I need to do before BOYL. It's proven quite useful actually and a couple of things have changed.
06101BCC-E990-4F2F-B6E2-21E2196DA5AC.jpg

Asslessman

Is Ferrolicious a word? Well now it is.

Can't wait to see pirates, sensei and underhivers combat in this ferrolicious environment !

antipixi

Asslessman":ar84t0f7 said:
The gangs I have rolled are :

- The Sutter Dukes (Axiom's Bratts)
- The Daftscums (WP's techs)
- Imamu's Eradicators (Antipixi's underhivers)
- The hIve Wolves (WP's underhivers)
- Rogue trader "Space Roger" and his crew (Asslessman's crew)

I'm hoping Imamu's crew are good enough to deserve the capital letter!

WP - Your board is amazing!

I can't wait to play this game!!!!

Asslessman

The board is amazing indeed and just imagining we're adding a giant crane on it makes me feel like never before (for a game that is, but can we still call it a game at this point of awesomeness?)

For thoe who are not on the Google+ Oldhammer community, let me just add that Bryan Ansell has just sent us a message to state that we could seek him out to fill any gaps in our understanding of conforntation (which derives from his laserburn rules). You read this right, The creator of the rules we'll play will watch us gentlemen !
Add thi sto the free Kev Adams figure and you will agree Bryan has climbed from his "mighty dark winged" level to that of a living legend...

axiom

Asslessman":2eofh1na said:
For thoe who are not on the Google+ Oldhammer community, let me just add that Bryan Ansell has just sent us a message to state that we could seek him out to fill any gaps in our understanding of conforntation (which derives from his laserburn rules). You read this right, The creator of the rules we'll play will watch us gentlemen !
Add thi sto the free Kev Adams figure and you will agree Bryan has climbed from his "mighty dark winged" level to that of a living legend...

Where's the "like" button on this forum? I need to be pressing it on repeat!

antipixi

Asslessman":1bskfo66 said:

I am officially about to burst with excitement!!!!

I have 2 days of painting Monday and Tuesday next week (I've finished for the summer, but the wife and kid's schools don't finish until the middle of next week! :grin: ). I aim to have Imamu's boys mostly finished during those days.

Asslessman

If you're about to burst, then I should probably wait before telling you his message was public on Google+ and was actually quoting your blog post about laser burn and confrontation... :roll:

Asslessman

OK gents you should normally all have received the reference sheets for your gangs by now. Feel free to comment anything you don't understand or like. The aim being you all re comfy with your warband. once everyone is happy with them. I'll issue you the scenarii and objectives.
I've also been working another version of the simplified rules so you have time to get familiar with them !

Asslessman

Alright, All of you must have received the mission and objectives. I have one gang sheet to update (Jon's) and the reference sheet to update a little more. You have the basics to play and get the idea of what you're meant to do in the game.
Remember it will be about roleplaying a lot so any action points spent on making actions which fit your characters will be considered positively by the GM.

There will be no objective points but just an appreciation of the xtent of completion of your objectives (they all differ from a gang to another and sometimes oppose each other).

I'll playtest the game next week just to get the thing in hand. My only concern is that we use as little time on the rules so you can make as many spectacular actions as you can. The game may very well have to end because they have to throw us out but we'll just treat that as an impromptu exterminatus in terms of game ;)

antipixi

Read mine just now. I am so pumped for this game! Imamu's men are in the process of being varnished, so pics tomorrow.

I have wanted to play a game of confrontation for years! It's so close now!!!

Asslessman

I've been wanting to play this game for 16 years now... and the first game is going to be THIS (meaning awesome models, terrain, players and with Bryan Ansell around).

I haven't repeated it but thi sgame follows th eevent sthat will happen on Saturday morning in Ferrograd. The outcome of this game between Cheetor and WP could either make your life easier OR make it a sordid hell... who knows. I'll start up with a brief "previously in Ferrograd" and may secretly give hints to some of you before the game starts.

Back