[BOYL 2014] Proposed event list (8th, 9th and 10th August)

cheetor

Re: [BOYL 2014] Proposed event list

As it stands now I'm going to have to drop either GoMo or HQ, which I'd prefer not to have to do if at all possible.

Thats a pity, but its unavoidable. I would like to take part in many other events over the weekend (I am a big Dredd fan for example and I have several large Epic armies that I would love to get out ion the table again) but cannot because I am involved in other events at the same time. It cant be helped.

Scheduling conflicts are unavoidable at events like this. Efforts have been made to ensure that as many people as possible are accommodated, but inevitably there will be overlap with other events. Its a drag, but thats just how it is.

cheetor

ChaosChild":20ullbzl said:
Just out of interest, how much of a clash was there between Epic and Gorkamorka?

I havent the faintest idea. I do know that I dont have the resources to take part in both.

ChaosChild

cheetor":2hru6w2c said:
ChaosChild":2hru6w2c said:
Just out of interest, how much of a clash was there between Epic and Gorkamorka?

I havent the faintest idea. I do know that I dont have the resources to take part in both.
I'm just curious, because the only difference between the event timings at the point I signed up and now is that previously Gorkamorka clashed with the Epic game, now it clashes with HQ. I'm just trying to get a handle on why this changed, given that there's been no discussion visible on here.

cheetor

ChaosChild":3h99nxp6 said:
I'm just curious, because the only difference between the event timings at the point I signed up and now is that previously Gorkamorka clashed with the Epic game, now it clashes with HQ. I'm just trying to get a handle on why this changed, given that there's been no discussion visible on here.

There are more factors at play than just this game and how it clashes with other games and with your schedule. Other elements have to be factored in too. Discussion is good of course, but that doesnt imply that these decisions are made by committee. They are not. These decisions were made by the people taking the time to organise and run the games, including taking time to engage in discussions like this.

It is unfortunate that the decisions made do not suit you ChaosChild, but they wont ever suit everyone. I hope that you enjoy your weekend regardless.

Asslessman

Chaoschild, the GoMo game has been launched by a group of people who were already involved in 3 other games together. A change of plans has been considered at one point t o accomodate more poele (that is when you joined in) but it finally proved penalising for some players who had entered early, choice was made to go back to the original schedule because it was the correct thing to do towards early participants.
It is a pity this made you (and another player as well) change you plans but the decision was taken by those organising the games for the very reasons Cheetor explained. There are plenty of games in replacement games and people willing to share some of their lead and time (I am). ;)

Can the OP please put the date of the event up on the first post or in the thread title, as I keep forgetting what weekend it is!

weazil

ramshackle_curtis":3cjd4yy5 said:
Can the OP please put the date of the event up on the first post or in the thread title, as I keep forgetting what weekend it is!

Added to the thread title.

Back