Tables etc at Foundry

As Oldhammer Day approaches, I thought I should get in touch to see if we could have some information on your table requirements! The premises in Nottingham had tables permanently laid out, but here in East Stoke we have the tables stored around our buildings and in the barns of local farmers. Also, whereas we had one huge space in Nottingham, here we have a chain of connecting rooms: We are just knocking the last three together so we will have 10 spaces for you. Only some of the spaces will be able to take very large tables. We can probably also organize a big tent in the middle of the courtyard if we know that it is needed. It would be useful if he could let us have your best estimate of the number and size of tables that you might need, and also your best guess at the level of attendance. This would help us to roughly estimate possible food requirements.

Cheers Bryan

On a completely different subject now
Potential “Bring and Battle” at Oldhammer
When I was a young wargamer in the late 1960s, the wargaming hobby was just starting up and bring and battle events were popular.
The idea was that participants could turn up at any point during the day, bringing with them an agreed number of units. Typically this might be three units: perhaps of specific types and or points values. They would usually just plonk their units down and join in the battle, or perhaps they could roll to see if they came in on a flank [with pluses for cavalry units etc.]
This might work out well as an Oldhammer event for anyone who wanted a spot of casual gaming and the opportunity for anybody to join in whenever they liked irrespective of them being strangers to the group.

Attachments

• NEW BEASTMEN.jpg
    NEW BEASTMEN.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 4,045

axiom

Hi Bryan, I'm not really involved with any of the organisation of the games directly, but there's a rough timetable in this thread: http://forum.oldhammer.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2991

It basically breaks down as 1 table needed for Friday afternoon and at least 5 on each Saturday and Sunday (not sure on sizes required).

I'm sure the game organisers will wade in shortly with exact requirements!

Thantsants

Hi Bryan, could I have a large (12x6 or similar) table for the big Siege game that runs Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

I'm also involved in a big Epic game on Sunday which will also need a large table - 12x6 again please.

Thanks for having us back and organising all this!

Hi Bryan, could I have a large table, maybe 5 foot square for a sci-fi game. It doesn't need any terrain or scenery as I'm bringing it all just plain old tables. It'll be in use all weekend. Cheers.

Chico

Hey,

I would like 2 separate 6by4 tables for all Saturday and some sort of 28mm Sci Fi terrain for one of them, thankies :)

Grumdril

For Sunday could I have a largish (ideally bigger than 6'x4', maybe 9'x5'?) table for our chaos & orcs vs undead game? Around 3-4,000 points per side if that helps.

You might want to check with Gaj / weazil if you haven't already what table requests there's been through the booking form over and above the 'event' games.

Many thanks in advance,

Paul / Grumdril

weazil

Hi Chaps

These are the allocations as I have them, based on my understanding of the resources Marcus described earlier this year:

Chico: I don't understand why you need two 6x4's? As I see it, you're using the same table for two different events that don't conflict with each other?

Also, as regards the peculiar sizes (9x5 or 5x5, for example) - I'm afraid we don't have that much choice :) Most of the tables will be your typical 6x4 tables, with three noted exceptions - the single 12x6, the two 8x4's and the three 7x7s (none of which have been allocated). The 7x7's are beautiful, and ideally suited to skirmishing, but note that reaching the middle will be quite hard. All three depict rolling grassy hills, so are not ideally placed for an urban landscape, but could be ideally used for anything else.

I hope this helps. Bryan - I will PM you directly.

EDIT: Also worth noting - I've allocated the tables based on special requests from the organisers, then based on my own interpretation of what is necessary, trying to preserve the largest tables for the larger sounding events. Essentially, I've used a 'what you need' not 'what you want' approach. I've done this to protect resources for events that have grown from their original planned size.

Attachments

• Table Schedule Image.jpg
    Table Schedule Image.jpg
    339.1 KB · Views: 3,955

JellyRovers

Hello! JellyRovers/Arcangeli here just to say I can easily make do with a lot smaller table than 6'x4' if that is easier?

weazil

Hi JellyRovers

Thanks for the offer, but at the moment, things are okay - we still have clear tables. I think the 6x4s are the smallest they have, I think (apart from the actual tables below the gaming boards, I suppose). I'll keep it in mind if we do have any troubles, though - thanks!

Chico

weazil":3d8yf6pe said:
Chico: I don't understand why you need two 6x4's? As I see it, you're using the same table for two different events that don't conflict with each other?

Hey bud,

There's 5 people for the Epic Bring and bash 1 on 1's, enough for 2 games at the same time for maximum amount of games. Just planning ahead so tehres no one left without space or a game.

Cheerrs

weazil

Chico":2871k4on said:
weazil":2871k4on said:

Hey bud,

There's 5 people for the Epic Bring and bash 1 on 1's, enough for 2 games at the same time for maximum amount of games. Just planning ahead so tehres no one left without space or a game.

Cheerrs

Okay, so to be clear: You want 2 6x4's for your epic bring and bash in the afternoon, one of which you will have used for your judge dredd game in the morning?

Asslessman

The GoMo game will not last for the whole Sunday so the Conforntation game could take place on the same table (meaning we don't need 2 tables).
We could use 2 though since wee could leave Ferrograd (the terrain used for the quickening, pirate game and confrontation game) on a single table so that's it's available to those who want to play a sensei game on Sunday morning.
Bottom line is we can take only 1 table if needed or 2 if there are enough.

weazil

Asslessman":3v1nirbp said:
The GoMo game will not last for the whole Sunday so the Conforntation game could take place on the same table (meaning we don't need 2 tables).
We could use 2 though since wee could leave Ferrograd (the terrain used for the quickening, pirate game and confrontation game) on a single table so that's it's available to those who want to play a sensei game on Sunday morning.
Bottom line is we can take only 1 table if needed or 2 if there are enough.

I'm expecting that we will have tables spare and won't need to condense, but I'm managing it as if we must condense, just in case. Currently, there are tables available anyway, so I'm not worried. I believe these will be used by casual games created on the day, though.

You are right, though - there was a mistake on the spreadsheet - the GoMo game is only half a day.

Chico

weazil":3v9edwxj said:
Chico":3v9edwxj said:
weazil":3v9edwxj said:

Hey bud,

Cheerrs

Okay, so to be clear: You want 2 6x4's for your epic bring and bash in the afternoon, one of which you will have used for your judge dredd game in the morning?

That is bang on my good Sir :) many thanks

Bane

Hi all,
Could i please reserve a 6x4 for the shadows of rensburg warbands game? I'll only be playing if there is sufficient interest, on a turn up and play basis, so I can't plan a scheduled day or time... Also would anyone have some spare trees I could borrow please?

weazil

Bane":2oksivmu said:
Hi all,
Could i please reserve a 6x4 for the shadows of rensburg warbands game? I'll only be playing if there is sufficient interest, on a turn up and play basis, so I can't plan a scheduled day or time... Also would anyone have some spare trees I could borrow please?

Hi Bane

You already have a table booked for all of Saturday (table 3 to be precise).

Curis

Morning morning. Well looking forward to this, thanks for all the organisation that's come into this.

I've confirmed an opponent for my Retro 40K game. Could I please reserve a 6'x4' table for the Saturday afternoon?

Back