[BOYL 2014] Proposed event list (8th, 9th and 10th August)

Asslessman

Re: [BOYL 2014] Proposed event list

Thanks for doing this, it sure eases the planning of things !

I see one possible issue with the Gorkamorka/race game and the confrontation game taking place at the same time with the same players. I'll let the organisers see about it

antipixi

weazil":qgj8sxbz said:
Hi chaps

I've slightly abused my privileges as a mod to add a visual schedule of events to the first post in this thread. I've marked the RoC skirmish and the Large Warbands game in red as I"m not sure if Orlygg is proposing to run both, or if one has morphed into the other. I've positioned the large bands game on Saturday as that sounded like the more intensive of the two. Also, it might be that the RoC skirmish conflicts with the Shadows of Rensburg event....

No abuse at all, great work! Hope this thread made it easier.

Asslessman":qgj8sxbz said:
I see one possible issue with the Gorkamorka/race game and the confrontation game taking place at the same time with the same players. I'll let the organisers see about it
[/quote][/quote]

This is true and although Whiskey Priest suggested the race game, there is as yet no official organiser. I hope it does go ahead, as it is something that should be great fun (if somewhat silly!).

Chico

Looks good, I have noticed after 4pm on Saturday I'm game free.. wooo drinking time! hehe

Anybody want to volunteer to Organise the Gorkamorka wacky races? I would imagine very little actual organisation would be involved but someone who knows the rules ( I've never played) would be quite handy!

weazil

All thanks should be forwarded on to Asslessman - he was the one who proposed it.

One thing I did note with the Gorka Morka game was that it was proposed for either the Saturday evening or the Sunday morning, so I've just created two slots for it. I presume there won't be so much Gorka Morka that two games will be required?

There is no 'link' to the calendar - as I understand it, you will need to have a google account (either through google+ or as a blogger) in order to access the google calendar app. Once that's done, you add the following details to your calendar.

Dreamfish":2j2dx66w said:
I've made the Calandar public. This causes the events added to the calendar to popup in google search results. If you have a Google account you can easily add the calendar to your own set of Google calendars. The email address is: oldhammercommunity@gmail.com.

Apologies to those non-google users, but I suspect this transpired out of the fact that most of the bloggers here use google's blogger platform.

Asslessman

the only timing possible for the Gorkamorka game would be on Saturday from 1pm to 4pm (assuming we don't have a lunchbreak and the pirate game end just on time. I have never played the game so won't be of any help.

Discusssion moved to the appropriate thread.

cheetor

whiskey priest":1jcidmjf said:
Anybody want to volunteer to Organise the Gorkamorka wacky races? I would imagine very little actual organisation would be involved but someone who knows the rules ( I've never played) would be quite handy!

Im happy to run that from 2-4 on Saturday if people want. If I am running it, it will be a short, mentally untaxing affair (like there is any other sort of GoMo game...), like the Sensei game. I am working on my vehicle at the moment.

We need to have a shout out on the thread from people interested in it though. There isnt any point in running it unless we have sufficient numbers of interested players.

weazil

Hi chaps

So, looking at this and the actual game thread - can I take it that there will be one game of Gorka Morka happening on Saturday between 14:00 and 16:00? Am I clear to update the calendar?

Thanks

Asslessman

weazil":2idqrbkx said:
Hi chaps

So, looking at this and the actual game thread - can I take it that there will be one game of Gorka Morka happening on Saturday between 14:00 and 16:00? Am I clear to update the calendar?

Thanks

There could be a few changes to accomodate as many players as possible so it could end with the GoMo game in Saturday and the Sensei one in Sunday Morning, confrontation taking places from noon till the end of the day.
Good thing is (organisation wise), the players involved in all those games are almost the same throughout the week-end.
We should have better visibility on that after the WE once we (the O'hammerers actually) have tested out the sensei game and know how long a game it is.
We'll give you a new schedule on monday or Tuesday tops.

Asslessman

weazil":3vygpgg7 said:
Hi chaps

Thanks

After having results form the playtests and chatting with concerned players, the Sensei game AKA "the quickening" stay on Saturday afternoon (1 to 4 PM), the GoMo Game Stays on Sunday morning from 10 to 13 and The confrontation game runs from 13 till death of either all models or all players occurs.

cheetor

Asslessman":3q63ew1q said:
After having results form the playtests and chatting with concerned players, the Sensei game AKA "the quickening" stay on Saturday afternoon (1 to 4 PM)

Not quite :)

Sensei from 1400-1700 on Saturday is more convenient. 1300 start is too close to the game that I am involved in on Saturday morning.

Sensei game Saturday 14oo-1700hrs please Weazil :)

Asslessman

:oops: Sorry about that ! That means we must finish the game in 2 hours to be ready for the group photo and the painting contest. !

cheetor

Asslessman":3c6uonzi said:
:oops: Sorry about that ! That means we must finish the game in 2 hours to be ready for the group photo and the painting contest. !

Antipixi has The Quickening currently listed for play between 1700 and 2000hrs on Saturday. Im fine with that instead.

axiom

Awww...won't be able to play in The Quickening after all :(

Hooray! I can play in the GoMo game instead!

*puts down Sensei team*
*picks up Brat car*

:)

cheetor

axiom":qjzg49jp said:
Hooray! I can play in the GoMo game instead!

Asslessman and I did ur best to reschedule ins such a way that we could get you the most bang for your buck Jon, but that was the best that we could manage.

I ran The Quickening Scenario at a con last weekend and it was silly fun, as expected. I made a minor tweak to the rules, but I was pleased to see that it took seven players about eighty minutes to play in total. So no promises, but maybe it might be possible to squeeze it in on Sunday if there are others interested in playing at and if your Bratts get killed in the Confrontatiion game.

So bring Erekose with you anyway, just in case.

axiom

The efforts are greatly appreciated! Don't worry, I'll be bringing most stuff I've painted up recently :)

weazil

Okay, so I've updated the calendar and the attachment on page 1 - I believe this is correct?

cheetor

weazil":294849xc said:
Okay, so I've updated the calendar and the attachment on page 1 - I believe this is correct?

Speaking only with regard to the Sensei game and the GoMo game, it is correct. Thanks Gaj.

ChaosChild

Ok, I'm a little confused. The last time slot mentioned in the GoMo thread was Saturday, 2-4. When did this change? There's no discussion of it here that I can see. As it stands now I'm going to have to drop either GoMo or HQ, which I'd prefer not to have to do if at all possible.

Asslessman

ChaosChild":16k94mt9 said:
Ok, I'm a little confused. The last time slot mentioned in the GoMo thread was Saturday, 2-4. When did this change? There's no discussion of it here that I can see. As it stands now I'm going to have to drop either GoMo or HQ, which I'd prefer not to have to do if at all possible.

It changed a few lines above and came back as previously intended. Some changes were considered at one point to accomodate more people but it did not help so we went back to square one.

Back