The Sunday Morning dungeon of chill... Lighthearted HQ game

Fimm McCool

Please note- this is replacing the Call of Chulaine which had limited interest.

That said, our favourite One-eyed Bog Monsters will feature prominently, as fitting in the only game which ever really made a feature of them.

We present:
The Sunday Morning dungeon of chill... Lighthearted Heroquest game

First-come first-served on the day, no need to sign up but you will need to bring a mighty warrior with you to go dungeon bashing with. Therefore it may be advisable to list what you plan to bring here so we don't end up with loads of Barbarians (or worse, loads of Wizards!). I can take up to 6 adventurers and the game will be standard basic HQ rules with a few of my own modifications thrown in. I'll bring the kit. Depending on how we feel there may be some AHQ elements added too. :) I'll post fluff shortly.

Bane

Re: The Sunday Morning dungeon of chill... Lighthearted HQ g

I'd like to join in too, I have a dwarf or a barbarian I could bring.

Fimm McCool

painting1.jpg

Here's where the adventures are starting, the town of Lagersteine two days' ride north of Marienburg, where the inhabitants are waking up from a drunken haze after a night of festival revelry to discover that a few key figures from the night before and an eminent member of the town council have disappeared into the morning mists...

Upon sitting down and placing your (painted) adventurer upon the table you will be handed an envelope which contains some background as to how your character has ended up in this dismal place, what they know of the disappearances and what they're hoping to achieve by volunteering to the search party. This information is for your eyes only, you may disclose as much or as little to the other players as you wish, and some may become apparent as the game progresses. This will be one quest, with an opportunity to buy a small amount of equipment from bleary-eyed stallholders in the market before leaving the town. Of course, more equipment and treasure will be found throughout.

Mister Rab

If my defenders in The Siege have been slaughtered on Saturday I'd quite like to join the party. However, given that there'll be about a gazillion points of luvverly lead in that battle we'll probably still be in turn 1 :lol:

Fimm McCool

Finally made a start painting up my HQ board for Dungeon of Chill: The Lagerstein Incident. This board has been sat ina box for the last eighteen months whilst I decided if I was going to paint it or not, glad I did! :grin:

Attachments

• doc1.jpg
    doc1.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 4,650
  • doc2.jpg
    doc2.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 4,650

ChaosChild

Looks amazing. Definitely want in on this, wizard for preference.

Fimm McCool

We have a good base of adventurers it looks like, 2 dwarves (or possibly one barbarian one dwarf), a wizard and maybe a Mister Rab if they've toppled the castle ramparts in time! :grin:

I have six 'secret briefs' so still room for a few more. We'll also be using both the speall sets from the original box (Earth, Air, Fire and Water) and those from Wizards of Morcar (Detection, Protection and Darkness) so we can take up to 2 wizards and an elf or one wizard and several elves.

VanLoon

I'd rather like to play but never played Heroquest before. Presumably it's easy enough to pick up? I have played Warhammer Quest on the ipad if that's any help!

I have a wizard I'm currently painting up that I'll bring anyway, and a dwarf. And maybe an elf if I get one painted up in time.

Fimm McCool

VanLoon":2vx8p9zw said:
I'd rather like to play but never played Heroquest before. Presumably it's easy enough to pick up? I have played Warhammer Quest on the ipad if that's any help!

I have a wizard I'm currently painting up that I'll bring anyway, and a dwarf. And maybe an elf if I get one painted up in time.

No problem, it's super-easy, that's why it's so good for a chilled sunday morning game. You'll only need one adventurer (you only play one each), but I'll have a few spares for others so if you want to bring some spares too that'd be handy. 2 Wizards 2 Dwarves could be interesting, any more potential players might want to think barbarian or elf. HQ adventurers aren't too nuanced. Wizards are weak but have some potentially quite useful spells in the right circumstances. Dwarves are tough and can disarm traps but they're slow. Barbarians are tough, that's about it. Elves are middling fighters and have a small selection of spells. Dwarves and wizards balance pretty well but lack the middle-ground provided by the other two.

VanLoon

Thanks for the info Fimm. I'll definitely bring a Wizard and a Dwarf, and I've got a Barbarian and an Elf that I'll try to get painted up in time. That way I can be flexible!

Fimm McCool

We ran a playtest of the adventure on Thursday evening and all went well. A few minor alterations to make but nothing too drastic. The game took 3 1/2 hours but we took at least an hour's worth of breaks during that so it should run for 21/2-3 hours if we just have the one refreshments break 'between dungeon levels'. Anyone rushing off for an afternoon game?

Oh, and the lesson the guys learnt from Thursday night was "don't get too spread out"!

Fimm McCool

I am on that forum, although I only visit infrequently. I'll try and get some good shots of the game in progress at BOYL. ;)

Fimm McCool

Fresh batch of NPCs arrived today, gonna be a busy week of painting to get these guys ready for the game. :)

ChaosChild

Just wanted to say thanks to Fimm for organising this, and to my co-conspirators for putting up with what was quite possibly the most larcenous wizard the Warhammer world has ever seen. :lol:

Fimm McCool

He was quite a player. If I'm picking favourites though it was the berserk dwarf of Khorne who spent most of the time on his arse...! :)

Back