[BOYL14 EVENT] The rogue trader quickening

axiom

OK, I made a Sensei. I won't be there Saturday, but you never know, there might be time for a re-run on Sunday!

Here he is :)

Ekros+the+Eternal.JPG

Asslessman

Splendid ! I wouldn't have thought Erekose could do a good RT sensei but he looks just fine ! I love how you blended the pelt parts with hair to hide them ! Your NMM is also very good, I love that tone of grey (reference?).
I'll make a card for your Sensei as Well, it will be waiting for you with the others ;)

axiom

Asslessman":lupmifzc said:
Splendid ! I wouldn't have thought Erekose could do a good RT sensei but he looks just fine ! I love how you blended the pelt parts with hair to hide them ! Your NMM is also very good, I love that tone of grey (reference?).
I'll make a card for your Sensei as Well, it will be waiting for you with the others ;)

Amazing what difference a hat can make I always think! I'd like to say it's NMM on his armour, but it's just grey ;) The paint is Coat d'Arms Field Grey - a very useful grey with a hint of green in it. I use it a lot!

axiom":lmhrnexp said:
I'd like to say it's NMM on his armour, but it's just grey ;) The paint is Coat d'Arms Field Grey - a very useful grey with a hint of green in it. I use it a lot!

My non-metallic gold is just browns and browns and browns :grin: You shouldn't be afraid to take credit where credit is due, it's a great effect you've achieved!

Asslessman

I will have a sensei combat card of him for you over the next week + couple of days then.

Don't forget I want :
- A name
- A title
- A catchphrase

Any missing intel will be totally made up by me.

antipixi

Well, Ive finished my Sensei and her followers for this game. Here are the final two:

SDC10325.jpg

And the complete band:

SDC10327.jpg

JB - I can't decide which Lackeys to bring to the show. I'm happy for you to look at the weapons that they are carrying and pick the two that will be most balanced in the game.

cheetor

Lovely, those dogs are great models.

antipixi":2x7g64wn said:
JB - I can't decide which Lackeys to bring to the show. I'm happy for you to look at the weapons that they are carrying and pick the two that will be most balanced in the game.

JB didnt write the scenario rules, I did :)

The rules define the followers as Blasters or Brawlers, each of equal value (not much in game terms really). The dogs are Blasters (ranged two handed weapons) and the squat is a Brawler (big axe). If I were you I would pick the two miniatures that I like the most. The sidekicks dont count for much really. The plasma cannon dog is no better or worse that the rifle dog for the purposes of this game. They are identical: Blasters.

antipixi

cheetor":145g2j6e said:
JB didnt write the scenario rules, I did.

Whoops! :oops: Sorry Cheetor, I was getting confused between this and the confrontation game (I was reading the gang roster for the other just now).

Thanks for the info. I'll have to sit and stare at them for a while, until I can make up my mind which ones to take. :roll:

cheetor

antipixi":27l7b3qu said:
Thanks for the info. I'll have to sit and stare at them for a while, until I can make up my mind which ones to take. :roll:

The squat is cool and everything, but surely dogs with bionic eyes and cigars win hands (paws?) down?

In rules terms it really makes little difference: they will get butchered in short order but each type has some uses.

Asslessman

Cheetor is the brains behind all this indeed. I'd take the squat and the heavy wepon dog (dogman+cigar+bionics +heavy gun, he's a no brainer :lol: ) soi that you have both types of fighters.

Oh and they are wonderful, wher di dyo get them from? I can sense a Dr Moreau kind of Warband where the space rooster, the dogmen, fishmen and kleggs could unite... 8-)

antipixi

Asslessman":obwakhx2 said:
Oh and they are wonderful, wher di dyo get them from? I can sense a Dr Moreau kind of Warband where the space rooster, the dogmen, fishmen and kleggs could unite... 8-)

They're from Hasslefree miniatures. Glad you like them.

I'm already planning in expanding the band with subhumans (Beastman [the 40k one with sword and gun], maybe an Ogryn [or a space minotaur] and perhaps a rattling sniper). I blame all the people playing this game fort latest addiction!

cheetor

Asslessman":1x87055t said:
Cheetor is the brains behind all this indeed.

Its a collaboration :)

The reason that I went with Ordo Xenos as my first foray into Inquisitor warbands is because there are so many fun alien models available these days. You may not want an entire army of chicken men for example, but its great fun to paint a couple or a squad and get them on the the table. Thats in addition to the more familiar abhuman strains and Tau, Eldar, Jokaero etc.

I have a couple of those dog men half painted in my Squat colour scheme. I knew that I wanted to have them, thats for sure. They are great little figures.

cheetor

2014-07-19-17-38-242.jpg

Mr Saturday, Just John, theottovonbismark and I got together to play a few games at a local con last weekend. We played two RT style games, the first off which is documented here. More relevant to this thread is that we also put the Sensei scenario through its paces. While we wanted to make sure that we had fun at this event in its own right, it also helped to hone a couple of very minor things in the scenario in advance of BOYL. So we can call the scenario playtested now, which is more than can be said for some published scenarios that I have read over the years ;D

2014-07-19-17-38-502.jpg

I recorded some details of the game here. The short version is that the scenario worked out as expected. Its quite silly and a bit of a dice fest (also to be expected when eight Warhammer characters collide), but it rips along at a fair pace and should make for some fun images of all the nice toy soldiers that we have been toiling on for the last few months.

2014-07-19-17-51-272.jpg

cheetor

I get a kick out of how you managed to get Kurgan Ra and Zim to actually look like Clancy Brown. No mean feat at 28mm.

Back