[BOYL14]: Judge Dredd Game Ideas

Chico

This is me just throwing some ideas around for a possible game Friday or Saturday afternoon/evening for a small handful of players.

My idea is to play a game using Judge Dredd figures/background/story/theme ect but using Necromunda 2.0 rules set as it quite a nice well rounded set of rules (And is well known).

What I have in mind is this:

This is outside of the Judge Dredd story arc but rather based on what could have happened. Judge Dredd along with a handful of named Judges (Chico, Reed, Paton, Hershey) have been ambushed by Pa Angel and his extended family. Dredd and Judges would have to hold out against greater numbers until backup arrives (Riot Judges, Judges on Lawmasters)

Now for the Angel Gang I was thinking of using a few more Perps/Muties as Pa's extended family (Which have never been covered in the comics) to bulk out the Family.

Now another Idea would be we could do is The Day the Law Died story arc with Judge Cal and the SJS

Cal: "I have today passed a law to maintain public order! Deputy Chief Judge Fish will announce it!"
Fish: "Bloop!"
Cal: "You have heard the law. The penalty for disobedience is death!"

Again this is just an idea and I'll be able to supply most figures if needs be, would anyone be interested in playing something like this? or have any ideas?

Players either interested or confirmed:

Chico
Asslessman
Orlygg
Warlord Paul
Cheetor
Leromides
antipixi

Asslessman

What length of game are you planning on and whate date? I'm engaged in a couple of games so far but depnding on the timeframe I could proabbly squeeze this one in. I don't have any JD model (apart from a Klegg) and won't be able to paint any in time.

Story wise I'm a bit more attracted by the "Cal" arc sinc eit enables Judge Vs Judge fight but I could do with Angel gang.

Chico

It's using Necromunda as a rules set so the game shouldn't take more then 2 hours or so, and it's either the Friday or Saturday afternoon/evening. As Sat Morning/lunch I'm Gaming Epic and Sunday I'm in a massive Epic Game.

Don't worry about figures as I can have mine done in time, and I'm sure we can beg some terrain on the day.

Asslessman

Lemme check with my ride (aka Gaj aka Weazil) before I give you a firm answer on that. My planned games are on Sat afternoon and Sunday morning so I have to see what other possibbilities I have. If I can I'll try to have at least a Judge Lopez converted and painted ;).

Leromides

I would be up for a go of that and if you fancied setting it indoors I could put some 2d terrain together with this stuff. It's a bit chopped up but it could be beaten into shape with a bit of effort. As for choice of scenario I would be happy with either but have you considered the munchkin approach. Teams of Judges competing to get the maximum number of perps. Perps are turned up randomly from a card deck as a team enters a new area. If you are lucky you get a couple of scrawling juves, unlucky and it's all 4 dark judges.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 4,696

Chico

Leromides your more then welcome to join in with us, do you have any painted figures (Perps, muties, Judges ect) or would you like to borrow some? Not that i have many currently lol

Citi Block does have a old school charm but I'm not sure if it'll be right on this occasion. But What does everyone else think?

I'm leaning more toward an Angel Gang + Extended family ambush currently but I've yet to commit either way and it'll depend slightly on how easy certain figures are to get

Leromides

I have the figures you've already seen on the Facebook page and I could paint up a dozen, I have 7 armed mutants that I converted from rogue trader types that could be made presentable or I have an imperial army squad that I was going to use as citi-def. I could commit to doing any one of those with certainty. Would any of that be of use?

antipixi

I've added this to the proposed event list.

I'm interested in playing, but can't bring any minis to the table. If you have too many players then I reckon it'll be quite fun as a spectator anyway.

Chico

Leromides":33h8wklf said:
I have the figures you've already seen on the Facebook page and I could paint up a dozen, I have 7 armed mutants that I converted from rogue trader types that could be made presentable or I have an imperial army squad that I was going to use as citi-def. I could commit to doing any one of those with certainty. Would any of that be of use?

The 7 Muties will come in handy and will fit in with the ambushing Pa gang quite well :) (Looks like the Angel Gang ambush is the winning scenario)

antipixi":33h8wklf said:
I've added this to the proposed event list.

I'm interested in playing, but can't bring any minis to the table. If you have too many players then I reckon it'll be quite fun as a spectator anyway.

More then welcome to join in, plenty of forces to share around :)

JellyRovers

Hi Chico, I would love a game of this if it is on Saturday afternoon. I have a handful of generic perp/citi-def figures and a couple of odd balls to lead them.

ChaosChild

I'm interested in taking part. I have a lot of figures from the current Mongoose and Foundry ranges that I'm happy to loan out, a bunch of assorted perps, some apes, some robots, a couple of vigilantes ("superheroes") and many, many judges.

Chico

Welcome to join in mate, we'll see on the day what people have and see what figures we'll need. It all depends who joins in really and so forth.

As it's Necromunda ruleset we have to keep a somewhat sensible amount of figures and bear in mind the time frame.

ChaosChild

Completely on board with keeping things manageable, don't let the fact that I may have gone slightly OTT when painting make you think otherwise. :grin: I'm more than happy to just use a handful of whatever you think is appropriate, I just thought I'd let you know what kind of stuff I have available so you can plan accordingly.

Chico

It's Ok I went OOT painting/buying Judge Dredd too... It's bloody adictive heh

Still looking to fill (Big) gaps in the collection though

Scalene

Chico - I'm coming on the Saturday, and I'd like to join in your Judge Dredd game with my ten year old son. He knows the Necromunda rules fairly well, and I'm confident he'll behave appropriately - would that be OK? I have a large collection of WH40K and futuristic stuff, which I could bring if required but particularly relevant models are:

1. About 5 assorted perps from the original Judge Dredd range.
2. Mek Quake, Hammerstein and a few others from the Foundry ABC range.
3. Lots of Copplestone Future Warriors and Foundry Street Violence
4. Fair number of RT mercenaries and pirates.

I can also bring a couple of boxes of sci-fi terrain and some scrubby, deserty vegetation (example here on my website http://warfactory.co.uk/scenery/ariddriftwood.php), so let me know if that would be of use. There's enough to do about 4' x 4' reasonably generously, but it would be stretching it to cover a whole table.

Chico

Heya,

You are more then welcome to join in with your son I don't foresee a problem with that. Plus if the dice roll badly we an always sacrifice him to one of the many demons floating around ;) hehehe

The scenario is outlined here:

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3156

As too what to bring your terrain sounds perfect and figure wise bring what you would like to use (Scenario fitting) and on the morning once everyone is gathered we can pick and choose depending on whose playing and has brought what.

Cheers

ChaosChild

Sorry to have to say this, but real life has crept up on me at the last minute and I'm not going to be able to make it on Saturday at all (although I will still be able to make the Sunday). This means I'm going to have to drop out of the Judge Dredd game. Sorry to mess you about, I was really looking forward to this one. :(

Back