[BOYL 2014] Dice - possible DISASTER!

Mister Rab

Re: [BOYL 2014] Dice - orders closed, payment being taken

Thanks to Whiskey Priest (it's alright, I knew it was you!), Thantsants and VanLoon. List updated :)

axiom

Cash sent :)

Would have done it sooner but was in a Wi-Fi dead zone with barely any phone reception over the w/e!

Mister Rab

Thnaks, axiom, and don't worry about it; it can be nice to be "off grid" for a while, can't it?

Leromides

Payment sent after I managed to get a grown-up to help me.

weazil

Payment sent!

...and some extra characters for the forum...

Mister Rab

Marvellous! :grin: Order submitted and I'll let you know as soon as they have been carefully forged by the dwarf master-smiths of darkest Suffolk.

Mister Rab

DISASTER!!!

Dear all

I received an email yesterday from the people I had making the dice (dice.co.uk) saying their laser cutter has broken and can't be replaced until 28th July meaning the earliest they could have the dice made would be mid-August, probably closer to the 20th than the 10th. This would be the soonest they could manage, even with bumping us to the head of the queue.

So....

With timescale and other companies being more expensive anyway, the options are either:

1 - cancel the order
2 - stick with the order but not get them 'til after BOYL and sort out postage for everyone
3 - Take dice.co.uk up on their offer to print, rather than engrave the image onto the dice. In which case it might make sense to swap it for the "1" instead of the "6" so as not to unbalance the dice? This would be slightly cheaper by 15p per dice and I can sort out refunds for anyone who wants them.

Please let me know which you'd like to do asap so that we can get them in time, preferably by 9am Wednesday 9th July (i.e. tomorrow morning).

Sorry about this :mad:

Asslessman

1 or 2

first option would probably be the most convenient solution for you we'd all lose a few pennies, end of the story
second option could do but you'd have to mail a bucketload of packages with another round of paypals to get

Back