[BOYL14 EVENT] The rogue trader quickening

cheetor

Asslessman":2kqmvwgp said:
the game just needs a test run now.

Im running a clone of this game with Just John, Mr Saturday and theottovonbismark at a con in Limerick in a little over a week. Hopefully there wont be too many kinks to work out after that.

We can thank Cheetor a lot for his investment in this game.

Just so that everyone involved in this game is on the same page regarding it, its intended to be a somewhat silly game that rewards heroics and encourages bad impersonations of Hollywood types. A certain amount of randomness (a familiar concept to all with a Warhammer inclination) is by necessity involved. This combined with the small model count per player will mean that some Sensei will be beheaded earlier than others, quite soon in all probablility. Thats just the way it is. Its the price to be paid in order to keep an eight player game ticking over at anything like a decent rate.

Its hopefully going to be goofy, beer & pretzels sort of fun. I am really looking forward to seeing eight individual interpretations of the Immortal/Sensei concept on the same table :)

Now I'm off to finish that lightning/explosion solution of mine...

The mind boggles :grin:

Asslessman

It goes without saying but the owners of prematurely dead sensei have a moral "duty" to haunt/annoy/trouble/confuse/mislead the owners of those who ended their game... The victor will have both the rewards of being the "only one" and resisting a tableful of mocking bad impersonaters.

(Strong spanish accent) : you sure?

(Strong scottish accent) : Wouldn't do that if I were you

(strong french accent) : He He He

antipixi

I now have two painted models for this game!
Here's Garth Jergunson:
SDC10321.jpg

And here he is with his Mistress:
SDC10323.jpg

Asslessman

Excellent ! I really love the restricted palette and you managed to find a dwarf that looks like Sean Connery !
I love how yo manage to achieve vibrant colours. Really great job !

Btw, I (nearly) finished Connor :

SS852155.JPG

antipixi

I do like my crisp primary colours.

Connor looks great. I've never managed to get stubble to work on a model, how do you do it?

Asslessman

I take a light vesrion of the colour of the hair (a light grey in this case) and I mix it with 50% of matt medium, I then use it like a glaze to create a strong tone over the flesh. The ideal ratio is when you still have the shades and highlights if the skin visible through the glaze (not working well in this case).

cheetor

Mr Lambert is looking cool JB. A bit more grizzled than we are used to seeing him I think, but I guess living for 40 millenia would do that to anyone, even an immortal (who cannot die).

Asslessman

Razor Ramon Mc Lambert got his card like all the others, I'm reconsidering plastifying all the cards. I think they should last long enough for the game and printed and glued on cardboard as they are, they look (almost) just like the original ones and I wouldn't want to ruin that. Having fragile versions will just mean that you'll be extra careful with those you earned...

Connor+Mc+Lambert.png

"- See these cards above the chimney kid ?

- Yeah Granpa...

- Did I ever tell you how I got those? You want to hear the story ?

- Dunno, is this time going to be any diffreent from the other 50 times before ?"

Asslessman

Enough with the teasing.

Here are 2 decks of cards, on the left, a deck of cards with red rims aka "skill cards" and on the right a deck with white rims aka Character cards

WNndl7UHz5JHS_iRqrR_bRRro9Jg506zAX3KKOnSlvML=w1057-h793-no

You can see them in their untainted beauty :

SS852165.JPG

If you liked the rear, you might fancy the front even more :

SS852166.JPG

Hope you like them, I do. Now I have them in my hands I don't want to plastify them anymore. I like the touch of paper and cardboard and they feel almost like the real thing in hand.

Asslessman

This plastic marauder head is just sooo right !
Hopefull those can be painted in flesh and black pretty rapidly so you should be good ! Mr Crab's head is absikutely stunning, looks like we have another brilliant team.

Oh and my little finger told me that we could have someone to tak eth e8th and last seat for this game...

cheetor":1euwzayt said:
Zim busted himself down to Private!

Hehehe yeah, it was the only way HE was going to BOYL this year.

Asslessnam":1euwzayt said:
This plastic marauder head is just sooo right !
Hopefull those can be painted in flesh and black pretty rapidly so you should be good ! Mr Crab's head is absikutely stunning, looks like we have another brilliant team.

Oh and my little finger told me that we could have someone to tak eth e8th and last seat for this game...

Glad you like them JB. I should fly through them pretty quickly to get them to a decent tabletop standard. Looking forward to seeing these guys in Combat Card format. :grin:

whiskey priest":1euwzayt said:
Mr Crabby is brilliant. What kind of colour scheme are going to go for?

Cheers WP. I plan to keep it bright, cheery, and scary, like something from a child's nightmare. So definitely sticking close to this one:
7726799_2_l.jpg

I am the angry crab of trapped wind!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OSQOz3W0u4&feature=kp

Back