Fighting Fantasy Fest 7/9/14

Skyrak

I was very much up for this event when jonathan green first announced it, however once I realised the cost of just buying a ticket and getting there would be nearly £85 I decided I would not attend as I couldn't justify the expense.

I funded the kickstarter so I will receive the book anyway, but to pay such an additional amount to just go and pick it up is a little to high for me.

I do hope you have a great time, and you should update this thread with a summary of events and a few pics after the event, as I would be interested to read about how it all went.

VanLoon

I was in much the same boat as you Skyrak - have backed the kickstarter but had to think long and hard about going given the expense. In the end I thought what the hell!

The Adventurers Backpack went some way to swinging me I think. I'm interested to see what scale the Zagor model will be. Hope it's 28mm so I can use it in WFB.

I'll try to get some photos on the day and post them back here.

VanLoon

Well, FFFest came and went although I didn't get any photos on the day in the end.

It was a very good day out though, the highlight for me being the seminars going on throughout the day.

For anyone who's interested - I spoke to someone from Otherworld Miniatures who said they are releasing the limited edition Zagor model for sale at some point soon, the only difference being it comes with a slotta base instead of the decorative metal FFFest base.

Oh, and there was talk of doing another day next year...

lenihan

VanLoon":2yftgwsk said:
Well, FFFest came and went although I didn't get any photos on the day in the end.

It was a very good day out though, the highlight for me being the seminars going on throughout the day.

For anyone who's interested - I spoke to someone from Otherworld Miniatures who said they are releasing the limited edition Zagor model for sale at some point soon, the only difference being it comes with a slotta base instead of the decorative metal FFFest base.

Oh, and there was talk of doing another day next year...

Can you do some size comparison pics of the Zagor alongside some of your citadel models?

Was a really fun event and despite it costing a bloody fortune to get down and around that London, I felt I got my moneys worth.
The Zagor mini really is a nice sculpt and I hope Otherworld do a few more characters from the line, would love a Balthus Dire!

Russ Nicholson was great, got him, Chris Achilleos and Jacko to sign my battered copy of Trolltooth Wars. Really cool to see some of Russ Nicholsons work in the flesh too. The level of detail he puts into each page is insane.

RedSkullz

HUge fan of the old series Fighting Fantasy book's....still trying to find around a dozen to get the whole series.

Back