Challenge: Alternative Companies Week!

Chico

bannerfans_12308454.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages...D-Generation Chico proudly brings to you the 7th Chico Challenge Week: Alternative Companies!

So what is this Weeks theme? Well it's Alternative Companies, meaning anything not under the GW label old or new.

Remember Oldhammer isn't just about old Citadel, so lets so show and get some nice figure painted and shown of!

Rules and Regs:

1. Once again there will be a prize, and the prize this time is the choice of getting to choose a future theme!

2. You must be a follower of this Blog to claim your prize (So make sure you hit that Follow button on the right)

3. You may enter as many times as you wish, but all entries must be painted in the the Challenge Week time frame.

4. All Entries must be online to 1 or more of the following 3 places:

Oldhammer Facebook Group, but make sure to tag me.
Oldhammer Forum Challenge Week Thread
Your own Blog but message me to let me know it's on there.

5. Winner will be chosen by me and me alone, and I accept bribes ;) The winning entry will be posted on my Blog along with all other entries.

6. The Challenge will start at 12.01am on Monday 30th of June GMT and end 12.01am on Monday 7th of July GMT

So what are you waiting for get cracking!

I've got a few Metal Magic minis who've been patiently waiting undercoated for well over 2 years now, I think it's about time at least one of them saw some colour. Or perhaps that unreleased Foundry renaissance halberdier, or all those Grenadier JG's Personalities range minis I've got, or maybe my EM4 package will arrive just in the nick of time, or...!!?

Time to set aside the illusions of grandeur and actually get something done this week. Arranging my WFB card buildings to look like a village scene upon my shelf has definitely helped boost my motivation, realised I don't have enough civilian minis so I bought a bunch of Metal Magic townsfolk from Turnkey. I'm rambling a bit, haven't slept in a while. Count me in, Chico, I think I'm ready.

Here's my entry. Been painting an "Eldar Merchant Squad" and just finished this guy today. It's a limited "Space Elf Nomad" by Impact! Miniatures. There was only 50 of them cast in 2008.

EldarNomad01.jpg

EldarNomad02.jpg

axiom

kingedisboss":3oah4jhx said:
Here's my entry. Been painting an "Eldar Merchant Squad" and just finished this guy today. It's a limited "Space Elf Nomad" by Impact! Miniatures. There was only 50 of them cast

Sculpted from a design by me an commissioned from Impact by yours truly. Are you painting up any more of the figures? :)

axiom":2iemtefa said:
kingedisboss":2iemtefa said:
Here's my entry. Been painting an "Eldar Merchant Squad" and just finished this guy today. It's a limited "Space Elf Nomad" by Impact! Miniatures. There was only 50 of them cast

Sculpted from a design by me an commissioned from Impact by yours truly. Are you painting up any more of the figures? :)

No more designed/commissioned from you. I just have a couple of old Marauder Elves That looked like they could be part of the Merchant Group so I made slight conversions to them for 40k. I'll take a group photo once they're all done.

antipixi

I've got 3 models halfway done, but heavy workload this week and the fact I'm out tomorrow, means that I will not be able to complete them in time. :(

Still, at least the challenge gote to start them and with a day off on Monday, I should get them done! :) (not in time for the challenge, but well I'm time for BOYL.)

Just made it in with the Beer Garden Beauty from Impact! Miniatures.

And here's the bribe picture - She's looking at you Chico...

Attachments

• barmaid1asm.jpg
    barmaid1asm.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 1,809
  • barmaid2bsm.jpg
    barmaid2bsm.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 1,809
  • barmaidface.jpg
    barmaidface.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 1,809

skittifink

WAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!

I just need the base to dryyyyyy!!
Nearly finished. Neeaaaarly!

Will bribe with cookies ^_^

skittifink

Fruit Basket?

Also, here he is: ZiM of Khorne!

Attachments

• ZiM01.jpg
    ZiM01.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 1,799
  • ZiM02.jpg
    ZiM02.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 1,799
  • ZiM03.jpg
    ZiM03.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 1,799

skittifink

Back of the model and a shot of ZiM with Bluey's Nurgle champ (to show just how small the little blighter is ^_^ )

Also - for the record - Blueys Nurgle champ is no tin the comp - he was sadly finished a week too soon.

Attachments

• ZiM04.jpg
    ZiM04.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 1,798
  • ZiMvNurgle.jpg
    ZiMvNurgle.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 1,798
Very nice entries everyone! Unfortunately real life has interfered once again (I'm cursed with it I tells ye) and there's no way I'll be able to finish my entry in time. :oops:

Best of luck to you all!

Back