BOG Bristol Oldhammer Gamers

Vyper

So, I think this thread is long overdue now.

I'm sure there must be a fair few gamers in and around Bristol (at least there are Fimm and myself) who would love to get a game in.

We have a cracking venue (The Old Duke pub in central Bristol has a half dozen tables and nice scenery) at a decent price (£2 pppn) that serves decent beer (Doombar and Otter) and is open seven days a week (12pm to 12am). It seems a shame not to use it for some Oldhammery goodness.

It would be great to arrange a day where those of us in Bristol and the surrounding area can meet up and battle it out

Anybody interested?

Harry

I love Otter!

GROG (Gloucestershire Retro and Oldhammer gamers) meet up regularly and have had 5 BIG battles this year.

You would be welcome to pitch up for some of our big games and I am pretty sure we would venture into the BOG for the odd game. :grin:

Vyper

Gloucestershire is only round the corner really! When are you planning on having your next game(s)?

Harry

Big Games have been Halloween/Christmas/Valentines day/Easter.

The plan is to get in a summer game late June /early July before the Oldhammer weekend.

We are planning a Rouge Trader Game. Desert Planet, Pyramid, Undead v's Space men v's archiologists, Stargate meets The mummy meets Alien v's Predator. Above ground and tomb bash action.

What can possibly go wrong? :shock:

You would be most welcome if it sounds like your thing.

Vyper

That sounds sufficiently ridiculous. Hmm.. maybe I should keep hold of my Chaos Renegades and just give them a coat of paint instead of selling them...

Fimm McCool

Gaming groups are like buses...

We've just decided to name ourselves BOGGARTS (Bristol open gaming group and repository of textual sources) and to collect all our various games and magazines etc. into one place, but I'm sure members of BOGGARTS will also be happy to attend BOG! :)

Vyper

As long as there is a place fro Bristol gamers to sign up then I don't mind. I'm technically just a member of Bristol Vanguard anyway and just set this thread up to see if there's anybody else in the area. :)

Harry

I have dropped by Bristol Vanguard once or twice. (A few year ago now).
We might already have met.

Vyper

I wouldn't be surprised if we have met at some point! Have you been to the current venue before - the Old Duke pub?

also, any idea when GROG will be running it's next event, it'd be nice to meet my Oldhammer neighbours. :)

Harry

Nope ... must have been a few years ago.

The next GROG game will Oldhammer weekend ... then after that the Halloween game which will probably be Saturday the 1st November (Saturday after Halloween). Huge, undead/halloween themed, game planned.

Somewhere around here you will find the thread about last years Halloween Game.

You would be most welcome.

Back