A slowly growing Waaagh!

Tex

I'm going to use this thread to showcase some of my paintjobs, past and present.
Keep in mind that I don't have much time to paint nowadays and that I'm a terribly sloooow painter.

As anticipated in my introduction, I'm an avid long time collector of greenskins, with a strong preference for kev adams' 3rd ed. sculpts.
In 2000 I was persuaded by the runner of the GW shop in Turin (the second to open in Italy a few years before) to enter the Golden Demon competition in Birmingham, where I was lucky enough to earn a bronze in the Command Group class, so I'll start posting the minis that made it possible.

IMGP1227.jpg

IMGP1228.jpg

IMGP1229.jpg

IMGP1230.jpg

IMGP1232.jpg

http://postimg.org/my.php?gallery=6s1f1xbw

Unfortunately the (rather simplistic, indeed) display base got damaged during the flight to UK and I couldn't enter the minis on it; I managed to repair it in time for the factory tour the winners were invited to some weeks later, when the photoshoot and the interviews for White Dwarf took place.
The award and seeing my minis published on WD were really some of the biggest satisfaction in my life.
For GD '01 I had planned to enter a wyvern, but I couldn't finish it in time (and it's still half way through :roll:) and that was it.

Thanks for viewing and stay tuned.

Edit: I confess, I'm a computer numpty and I don't know why the photos don't show up :(

They should show up, now
Thanks for your patience :roll:

When posting an image make sure your images are hosted on something like photobucket or even on a blog then use the full reply editor and click the button that says Img. (it's just above your text field)
When you do that you should end up with the a something like this on your page (img)(/Img) (althought the brackets will be a different shape
In the gap between the two sets of brackets paste the url for your images.
That should work!

Tex

Yeah, I did exactly that

Do the link to the gallery work, by chance?

Edit: I tried to right-click on "Image" and the photo opened

The images aren't links at all. Check the text of your post, are they're two sets of (img) brackets? ie (img)(img)balabalah(/img)(/img)
Your host may have already put them on the link that you copied.

IMGP1227.jpg

IMGP1228.jpg

IMGP1229.jpg

IMGP1230.jpg

IMGP1232.jpg

image tags only work with a direct link to an image, look at the properties of the image and find the adress ending in .jpg and put those between image tags

Flippa

They're lovely... and man you're not wrong when you say that you're a slow painter... Rugluds have been around since the 80's and you've only just done em ;)

Tex

Thank you all, gents, for your kind comments :oops:

@Chico
Yep, they made it and I was in heaven: I remember I bought about 6 copies for my relatives and friends :grin:

Tex

cheetor":2t7wd5dq said:
Beautiful work.

Chico":2t7wd5dq said:
Those Orcs made into White Dwarf didn't they? I remember them :)

Is Chico right? They ring a bell for me too.

Yep
I can't remember the issue, but I'll dig it out: it contained the yearly report about GD awards.
That year the slayer sword went to a Ben-Huresque chariot race diorama

Thank you all again for the kind comments!

Tex

snyggejygge":1b4bezbn said:
Great looking orcs, especially nice banner!

Thank you, but I cheated: it's just an inter-paragraph illustration from WD that I cut out and weathered :oops:

Back