BOYL Ephemera and takeaways?

axiom

Last year at BOYL13, Norse produced some very nice Oldhammer dice which he duly scattered into various sweaty palms (mine included). It has just occurred to me that it would be a nice thing to do something similar this time round. Does anyone have any plans or ideas? I've just been looking into the possibilities of doing something retro like pin badges or embroided patches.

You know, like these (pics from CCM Wiki):
Crimson_Fist_patch.jpg

25_Anniv.jpg

Worth investigating further?

Mister Rab

Sounds good! I quite like the idea of a pin badge to go next to the "top right on your picture" one I've got pinned to my miniatures bag.

Chico

Well my vote is T-shirts/hoodies/jumpers, maybe sell them on the day and pre-orders and some of the profits can be donated to Foundry to say thanks for hosting us sweaty mob.

I also have no lue how to make that happen, so I'll just be up for buying one lol

axiom

A bit of a leap in terms of ambition Chico ;)

I was thinking of something cheap & easy...perhaps I'll leave the clothing to someone else :)

Chico

I'm cheap and easy does that count? :razz:

No selling me on the weekend, I won't be able to sit down for weeks ;)

Chico

I'm rather tempted to make myself and few others Oldhammer 2014 Tee's, looking around making 5 or so just to give away (I'll be covering costs of making them) to the people which are doing the most for the weekend (Giving lifts, running big games, setting it all up). Trouble is I lack any logo making skills so that idea rather stalled atm.

So if someone makes me a logo to go on a black t-shirt, your'll get a free tee to say thank you :)

cheetor

A D6 with something pertinent in the place of the "6" is a good keepsake I think. Custom dice are relatively affordable these days too I am told.

I have often thought that a small (25mm diameter) objective marker would be a good (as in useful) souvenir. Thats getting into the realms of having a dedicated miniature cast though, which is a whole different ball game.

Zhu Bajie

cheetor":2hnhsdgv said:
I have often thought that a small (25mm diameter) objective marker would be a good (as in useful) souvenir.

A 25mm laser-cut / etched objective marker might be doable and not hugely expensive, if anyone has any ideas along those lines?

cheetor

Zhu Bajie":2mmmvc9d said:
A 25mm laser-cut / etched objective marker might be doable and not hugely expensive, if anyone has any ideas along those lines?

Im just spitballing here, so bear with me.

I have long had an interest in having a tiny, postage stamp sized wargaming table for my miniatures to wargame on. It doesnt make a lot of sense in some respects, but I like the idea of having a table like that in the corner of my miniature cantina/tavern. Conceptually I see it a bit like the game of dejarik played on the Millennium Falcon in A New Hope.

A tiny slot together table, possibly with a couple of loose ovoids to make small stepped hills and maybe a jagged cross section piece to function as a wooded area is within the technology available for laser cut wood/card for sure. Etch "BOYL 2014" on the table surface and you have a goofy, unique, usable piece of terrain/objective marker that works equally well for fantasy and sci-fi and a functional souvenir.

Does that sound like a good idea or a bad idea to you guys? I kind of like it, but it may not be to everyones taste. Obviously everyone could use a set of miniture crates too in all likelihood, but that sort of thing seems a little dull to me.

I have contacted a laser cutter that I have had dealings with before for some ball park info on costing for a small, feasibly mounted on a 25mm base, objective marker sized laser cut item to a quantity of twenty, just to get an idea.

Any thoughts?

axiom

cheetor":15bxnrj9 said:
Zhu Bajie":15bxnrj9 said:

Im just spitballing here, so bear with me.

I have long had an interest in having a tiny, postage stamp sized wargaming table for my miniatures to wargame on. It doesnt make a lot of sense in some respects, but I like the idea of having a table like that in the corner of my miniature cantina/tavern. Conceptually I see it a bit like the game of dejarik played on the Millennium Falcon in A New Hope.

A tiny slot together table, possibly with a couple of loose ovoids to make small stepped hills and maybe a jagged cross section piece to function as a wooded area is within the technology available for laser cut wood/card for sure. Etch "BOYL 2014" on the table surface and you have a goofy, unique, usable piece of terrain/objective marker that works equally well for fantasy and sci-fi and a functional souvenir.

Does that sound like a good idea or a bad idea to you guys? I kind of like it, but it may not be to everyones taste. Obviously everyone could use a set of miniture crates too in all likelihood, but that sort of thing seems a little dull to me.

I have contacted a laser cutter that I have had dealings with before for some ball park info on costing for a small, feasibly mounted on a 25mm base, objective marker sized laser cut item to a quantity of twenty, just to get an idea.

Any thoughts?

Sounds like a 3D print job rather than laser cut piece to me. Would be a very nice item though - I can envisage a lot of potential uses :)

Zhu Bajie

cheetor":3od3o2ip said:
Any thoughts?

I think that's a brilliant idea. Wasn't there a table done for RT - unreleased or ltd. edition? A fantasy equivalent could be really nice, could imagine some foppish elven / empire general planning out his army manoeuvres. Costs and feasibility would be interesting, tbh I've not seen any lasercutting as detailed as that, have you any examples?

Asslessman

I like the sound of that, it actually reminds me of a brilliant diorama with inquisitor models playing TTG with Epic scaled miniatures and it looked fab, would the minis to go on top of what yu have in mnd be scaled in 1/2500 or something?

Mister Rab

A miniature TTG would look awesome, but might be a little complex for a give-away for August. If it does get made, I'm in!

However, if that proves a little ambitious, custom dice are fun. I've just got my NAF renewal membership dice (bloodbowl) and they're great. How about a logo suitable for our joint obsession to take the place of the "1"?

Attachments

• goat logo boyl14.png
    goat logo boyl14.png
    45.3 KB · Views: 1,758

Chico

Can I use that Logo to put on some give away T-shirts? Your'll get a free T-shirt to say thanks.

Zhu Bajie

Is that goat trying to hump the number 2014? :lol:

I like it a lot - minor suggestion would be to set "Bring out your lead" in Bockin caps for teh old school cool.

wd2.jpg

White Dwarf

chap_5_miniature_figures__.jpg

Dicing with Dragons

9a482c9a471ffe55d8ce415f36e44ad8.jpg

Back