Complete Khornage

Harry

A scene of complete carnage...
or more accurately complete Khornage :grin:

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

In this Log I will pull together all of the stuff I have painted for my still growing army of Khorne.
I started work on this back in 2006 and I return to it from time to time to add another unit or character.
I came up with a quick and simple paint job, as I had a lot to paint and I knew it would be a long project so I would have to keep coming back to it after a break. As a result I have stuck to it pretty well over the years.
It is bulit around cheap plastic Battlemasters miniatures but includes the odd bit of old lead.
The Heroquest Plastic Chaos Warriors are my chosen.
The Champions are mostly Vintage metal.

IMG_0515.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

IMG_0497.jpg

One of my favorite chaos warriors of all time.
Vintage metal. It goes well with the HQ plastics from a similar era.

IMG_0502.jpg

I love the way the plastic Horn, the Vintage Chaos warriors Head and the spawn all complement each other.

One of my favorite things is trawling over the old catalogues finding elements that will go well together.

IMG_0505.jpg

I wasn't very happy with my musician who just had a metal horn added so I converted up another better.

IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_0535.jpg

IMG_0537.jpg

IMG_0539.jpg

Harry

I carried the same simple scheme through to my Demons....

IMG_0841.jpg

Always new exactly where I was heading with my demons. Anybody remember this chap?

legend3.jpg

darkness-replica-prop.jpg

I settled on lava bases as a strong theme for the army

IMG_1422.jpg

IMG_1434.jpg

IMG_1428.jpg

IMG_1426.jpg

Harry

IMG_2001.jpg

IMG_2002.jpg

The close up of the bases:

IMG_2004.jpg

I even made the lava riverlets join up. (Kill me now!)

IMG_2011.jpg

IMG]http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa129/HarryHowells/IMG_2020.jpg[/IMG]

IMG_2021.jpg

Lovely old Balrog to be my Bloodthirster:

IMG_2379.jpg

IMG_2381.jpg

IMG_2385.jpg

IMG_2854.jpg

Harry

So here are the first 10 Warriors of Khorne finished.
Not bad for a bunch of old Battle Masters plastics.

img4938iy9.jpg

img4942pw6.jpg

img4943wf8.jpg

img4951rm0.jpg

More Battle Masters minis ... The 'matching' knights.

img5203cl2.jpg

img5204ic2.jpg

img5226xc0.jpg

img5225ap6.jpg

img6177x.jpg

img6179g.jpg

A close up of one of the battlemasters horses:

img6205.jpg

Harry

Then for a hellcannon ... This badboy is a huge lump of resin from Armorcast.

img5526hz7.jpg

img5527lr9.jpg

On huge lava base:

img5573lu5.jpg

img5574nf4.jpg

img5575xp4.jpg

img5587ed0.jpg

img5593uf5.jpg

Harry

Can she cook?

If you like that ..... you'll love this.

Another beast from Armorcast:
(This is my War Alter)

img6289.jpg

img6292.jpg

img6332.jpg

img6342x.jpg

img6345z.jpg

img6353a.jpg

img6356b.jpg

img6357.jpg

img6355r.jpg

Side by side with the cannon:

img6393u.jpg

Needed some crew:

img6390a.jpg

img6387h.jpg

Heres a close up of my 'Cleric of Khorne'. I figure a warshrine needs some sort of fanatical warrior raising his arms in praise to the gods and this old HeroQuest sorcerer seemed to tick all the boxes and fitted in nicely with the whole vintage Battlemasters/Heroquest plastic thing I have going on with this army.

img6391.jpg

Harry

I like the odd siege game ....
... so another bit of madness ...
I give you .... MOUNT DOOM!!!!!

Still very much work in progress. Needs ripped up cork tile in slabs on the bases then sand to give more texture to the floor and the 'ash everywehre' and 'riverlets of lava' that I have going on with the army bases. Needs torches on the wall. A cauldron of blood on the middle of tear set to pour on anyone who makes it across the moat to the gate. Needs a 'Gate' (front door) in that big hole in the middle. Needs some suitably grand stairs leading down from the podium front and center. Needs lots of lava and lots of skulls!!!! :evilgrin:

img6459o.jpg

img6460a.jpg

It will have a moat of lava

img6463j.jpg

img6461u.jpg

Just trying to work out where to put the slabs of cork tile on the base so units can sit on them and where the riverlets of lava will run across the base.
(But couldn't resist taking a few pictures)

img6437q.jpg

img6438.jpg

img6435y.jpg

img6442f.jpg

img6440f.jpg

img6448i.jpg

Still to do .... these vintage guys were going to be my Heroes:

img6443f.jpg

and this guy the general for my army. Mounted and on Foot.

img6450r.jpg

Hetz

Jeez Harry would you slow down? Snap on the balrog as bloodthirster! Do you know if his horns are the same as those on the old boxed Orc wyvern?
Great stuff Mr asbestos-brush.

Harry

Hetz":2dioysuq said:
Jeez Harry would you slow down? Snap on the balrog as bloodthirster! Do you know if his horns are the same as those on the old boxed Orc wyvern?
Great stuff Mr asbestos-brush.
I'd have to check ... they certainly have the same ribbed look about them.

You understand I have not just painted all this stuff?
It says in the first post this has been an ongoing project I have been adding to since 2006

Hetz

Harry":qbq7k025 said:
You understand I have not just painted all this stuff?
It says in the first post this has been an ongoing project I have been adding to since 2006
Yup, still a shed-load more than I've painted since 2006 :grin:

Cheers for checking, hopefully they are so I can attempt to press-mould some.

Zhu Bajie

Waaaah! Great set of toy soldiers, like how the simple colour-scheme ties the whole thing together. What is Battlemasters?

If you're looking for more old plastics to add in, the Dungeonquest boardgame has a couple of plastic figures that might suit - a barbarian and an armoured knight, and maybe some of the 60mm Fighting Fantasy plastics as Chaos Giants....

Leadpest

Blimey, that really is a supreme effort. It will certainly look suitably intimidating charging across the battlefield. My wood elves would make a sharp tactical withdrawal facing that little lot!

I remember playing Battle Masters. Loved that old plastic battlefield sheet thingy that came with it! And the ogre! That was a mean looking fellow.

Harry

Hetz":1iyw8uaw said:
Cheers for checking, hopefully they are so I can attempt to press-mould some.
Are you after a set for the wyvern or a set for this Balrog?

@ZB
Battlemasters was another game produced by MB in conjunction with citadel miniatures ... shortly after heroquest and space crusade.
It was essentially Fischer Price, My first Fantasy wargame ... but it came with a illustrated battle map, a crap ton of citadel miniatures and a cool plastic tower.
I have bought a few sets now when I have seen it going stupid, cheap and as a result have built up a healthy Chaos and Empire army at a bargain price.

@Leadpest
I have a bunch of those Ogres ... along with a bunch of Heroquest 'Ogre Horde' ones ... I was planning to do a mercenary ogre contingent one day. :grin:

Back