TheOttoVonBismark's Oldhammer Slann WIP

Aiteal

Mutantdale":y5bfqfi9 said:
Aiteal they are from Dragonforge and also do square versions. Not all are available yet as it seems not many have sold :(

That's a shame :(
Been looking for something nice and reasonably priced for my Slann palanquin :(

They are great bases. I might just have to nick their idea a little. Shouldn't be too difficult to replicate some of the simpler designs, although the more arty ones present a challenge. Some stonework could work well on the warrior priests.

Goblinlee

@ theottovonbismark, I love the blue colouring you have achieved on the Lizardmen, really gives them a vibrant feel. Good use of a Snakeman, he looks quite at home there! :)

@Aiteal and Mutandale, Nice bases, I agree they would look great for a Palaquin or maybe as a character or Troglodyte base. Might good for Warrior Priests too.

@Paul / Golgfag1, looking forward to seeing the Cold One Riders too.

ardyer

Aiteal":2dw8lhkd said:
Mutantdale":2dw8lhkd said:
Aiteal they are from Dragonforge and also do square versions. Not all are available yet as it seems not many have sold :(

That's a shame :(
Been looking for something nice and reasonably priced for my Slann palanquin :(

Shoot Jeff an email. If he has the molds, he'll probably sell them to you. He does a lot of "custom" type work like that (or he used too, I haven't chatted with him since I moved).

Aiteal

Thread hijack (I'm from Derry, you're lucky it's not your car)

Got this in the post today from outpost wargames, start of a Slann war altar
ZBRDrJ7.png

Time to update this thread!

img_2741-002.jpg

I have been working on quite a bit of stuff for the Slann force over the last year as I have gotten quite a bit of mileage out of Dragon Rampant from Osprey Games.

These are the latest:
otto2.jpg

Also you gotta have at least one of these:

img_2705.jpg

This is another more colourful earlier unit (made from early home cast prototypes):

photo-0090.jpg

Then there is this guy:

photo-0027-2.jpg

I have a couple of more units to show you...just gotta take some pics first!

inchmurrin

Most impressive, like the look of "this guy". I have the same guy minus his sword, seeing yours made me think it could be an interesting one off for me to try to turn him into an RT Space Slann- mmmmmmmmm?

inchmurrin":1aeo0jte said:
Most impressive, like the look of "this guy". I have the same guy minus his sword, seeing yours made me think it could be an interesting one off for me to try to turn him into an RT Space Slann- mmmmmmmmm?

He is a great mini for Spaaace conversion. :)

Hi , just found this thread last night - lots of great Slann here! Also really like the new miniatures at the end and your alternative human slave, need to re read and see what he is. Did the Jaguar warriors ever get painted? The Eagles Warriors look really good including the re positioned hero with his space sword - a good solution for adding variety to the limited Slann figures/poses.

My ultimate solution for the issue of limited Slann figures is to sculpt some more!!! :grin:

I never got around to the Jaguar Warriors yet as there is only the one Trish sculpt available. The problem fro me is that if I spend too much time painting I never get any sculpts done!

I will be creating some new totem Warrior sculpts during this year to tick that box.

I nearly have a small unit of Cold One Knights done now, should be posting them to the thread after Xmas with a bit of luck - they take bloody ages to paint, but that's cavalry for you. They will be a unit of 12 eventually when I work up the courage to paint some more.

We should hopefully be ready to launch the next KS by about February which will include some scenic idols and power crystals in line with the theme.

This next KS will consist of 2 Slavers, a Slaver Lord, an Animal Handler Spider handler with some furry Giant Spiders (and some small cute spiders), Anti-grav Palanquin, Slave Borne Palanquin and of course the slave infantry. Should be able to get some master castings of the stuff that is finished over the coming weeks.

Back