D&D ADVENTURE! Chase to the Crystal City

The station was deserted. The platforms were silent and dark, save for eerie red lights that signified a state of emergency was in place. The spectral horse cantered along, the halfling, gnome and elf holding tight as it skirted about overturned benches, spilled bins and abandoned luggages. Behind the horse, the rest of the adventurers ran at a steady pace, determined to reach their goal - the train, according to the elf, was just minutes away...

In a dimly lit place of shadows and ghosts, a different sort of shadow waited. Actually, it was more of a blur. A blurry shadow. It was a genie, to be frank. It's name was Frank. Frank was waiting for someone.

A roiling mass of inky blackness burst from whatever counted as the ground in this hazy place. It coalesced into the form of a giant black creature with a lashing tail and dark, beating wings. It was not a solid form, but a wavy black memory of it's former body - it was the immortal remains of the she-demon. And she was well pissed.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHGRHGHRGHGHRHGRHARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL" said the demon, calmly.

"Hello Bessie" replied the blurry genie.

"I CLAIM MY WISH FROM YOU, FRANKLIN" shrieked the shadow form of the demoness, struggling to maintain it's integrity as parts threatened to drift away here and there.

"Go on then, make your wish," the genie nodded.

"RESURRECTION. RETRIBUTION. REVENGE!" screamed the shadow.

"That's very alliterative of you, but you only get one wish, you know that. One per year, that's the arrangement, and they are not cumulative, and you get no advances. What is your wish?"

"RESURRECT ME! NOW! I MUST MAKE THEM PAY FOR WHAT THEY DID!"

"I'm afraid resurrection is out of the question. Did you see what they did to you? Your old body is a mess, it's no use."

"REINCARNATION THEN!"

"Reincarnation... yes. Yes, I think I can manage that. You realise though, that once you enter the wheel of reincarnation, it's a forever-thing. You will be caught by the cycle, and bound by it's rules, which are complex and-"

"DO IT NOW GENIE! I WOULD HAVE MY REVENGE!!"

"Alright then Bessie. I can reincarnate you at any period in time... dooo you wan't to go back there?"

"YES! MY REVENGE MUST BE IMMEDIATE!"

"Alrighty then... your wish is my command!"

The shadow demon form was suddenly sucked back into the ground, making a small popping noise as it vanished.

"She is going to be... so pissed," muttered Frank. He shrugged his blurry shoulders and then vanished as well.

Bessie emerged from darkness into light! Red, unpleasant light, but light nonetheless. She fanned her wings and stretched her claws - oh! She had more limbs now, perfect! She tried to lash her tail but discovered it was gone - a long, slender abdomen stretched down from a segmented thorax, which also anchored her six long legs. Her mouth had been transformed into a long, tubular snout that could coil and uncoil at will. She felt the urge to plunge it into the soft flesh of her enemies and suck out their juices. Well, why not do just that? Revenge!

The adventurers were almost at their destination. Platform 13 lay just ahead, but there was no sign of a train! Yngwie stopped his mount at the destination and turned, waving at the others to hurry.

Seu Antheus, paladin of the Lady of the Lake, was enjoying the run immensely. His devotion to his deity was almost matched by his devotion to physical exercise, and he had worked up a healthy, manly sweat under his layers of plate armour. As he approached platform 13, he had no clue about the black horror that was diving down upon him at that very moment!

Bessie had her prey in sight. With her new eyes she could see the hot bodies of her victims pulsing with vital juices. The smell was maddening, invigorating, and she unfurled her tube-like mouth, quivering in anticipation of her kill. She homed in on the figure she hated most, that damned paladin with his aura of sickening holiness - he would pay for slicing her in two! She hurtled towards him, closer, and closer, until - her long, thin needle of a mouth found it's mark deep in the man's neck.

"Ouch," muttered Antheus, clapping a hand to his neck, sending Bessie back into the cycle of reincarnation one more. "Damn mosquitoes, how do they even get to a place like this?"

Bessie's spirit shrieked back into nothingness, sucked away on the Great Wheel, to be reborn somewhere, somewhen, ranked according to her living deeds, disposition and dental hygiene. Reincarnation is complicated.

The heroes finally arrived, puffing and panting. There was no train, only Duke the Hobo, waiting for them. He had a large sack over his shoulder. Rambulge was purple with exertion and sweaty with sweat. Bari was already a bit tired out from his previous exertions, so this run had not been especially welcome. Robin was used to long hikes and cross-country runs - he was none the worse for wear. Seu Antheus wanted to go again, as the train clearly hadn't arrived yet. "Sweatiness is next to holiness, right chaps?" Rambulge and Bari gave him filthy looks.

Yngwie the elf looked up at the departure boards. "The train will be here any moment. We made it!"

There was a general sort of cheery patting of shoulders and nodding happily at this news. Bufo squinted down the rails, hoping to catch a glimpse of the magnificent machines he had seen oh-so-briefly before he had passed out from the poison. He was soon rewarded with an incredible sight. Far off in the distant darkness, a light appeared. It grew slowly but steadily, and soon the whole party could hear the sound of the engine's approach. It was travelling at a steady running pace, so it was a while before the details were clear, but it soon became apparent that this train was different to the ones they had already seen. It was massive!

The locomotive was long, and coloured a dull black. It was not a pretty machine with gleaming pipes and stacks like the others they had seen. It was big and business like, a hauler of large, heavy goods.

"We need to be ready to board - everyone secure your possessions and get ready."

The train gave a mighty blast as it rumbled past the platform. Carriage after carriage went by, some were boxes with doors askew - they appeared to contain nothing. Others were merely platforms, also bare. It was to the bare ones, Yngwie motioned.

"That is where we get on," he said. Bufo looked confused. "Where are the cars with the seats and windows?"

"Master halfling, this is a goods train - it carries materials and supplies, not people. This train is returning from a great war, and it will come back laden with weapons, food and healing supplies. It is heading the direction we want to go, and we must board it now!"

"Why isn't it stopping...?" questioned Bufo further, his frown increasing.

"This train isn't stopping my halfling friend. We need to jump on."

"JUMP??"

"Yes, jump. It's quite easy, really. Duke here will demonstrate - he's done the hobo hop many times, haven't you Duke?"

Duke nodded, grinning. He turned and watched the carriages as they rumbled by. He chose his moment, then flung his sack onto the flat bed of a carriage then jumped after it. He landed on his feet, fell over, rolled a few feet and fell off the end of the carriage, disappearing under the great, metal wheels.

"Ah..." Yngwie looked agape at where the hobo had disappeared. "Well, erm, there is an example of what not to do. Just, erm, do your best."

Bufo looked at the passing carriages with horror.

"So," the elf smiled sheepishly, "who is first?"

With an adjustment of his trousers, a wheezing, sweat slicked Rambulge stepped to the edge of the platform.

"Be damned...if I'm...hanging around here...that bastard mouse is ..."

After surveying the train for a second, Rambulge seized the moment and leapt..."going unpunish..."

Asslessman

2 überlols for the reincarnation and Duke's glorious ending.

Eggbert, do you need some help, I could maybe help you?

Seu then grabbed Bufo, one hand on his collar, one hand holding his belt : " Are you ready, Bufo? 3, 2, 1" without waiting for the reply. During Bufo's short flight which wa filled with an load of curses and insults, he managed to say "...and don't you eat all the provisions !"
He turned to Eggbert, preparing himself to jump : "unless you want a toss?..."

If Eggbert wants to be tossed or to jump with Seu, Seu will help him, if he doesn't Seu is jumping on board in the second (providing the timing's right).

Penddraig

Robin watched Bufo sail gracefully through the air and land with a splat amongst the supplies. Running alongside, Robin leapt for a handhold on the train as it swept past.

Robin is going to try to catch hold off the train to pull himself onboard and then try to pull any of the other adventurers on.

Eggbert looked at the speeding train with some trepidation. Poor Duke. Eggbert had not known him long, but he seemed a likable fellow.

"Maybe I could do with a bit of a helping hand" he said to Seu.

Asslessman

"I"ll be more than happy to oblige"
Seu lifted the gnome and got him on his back "Hold on tight master Gnome !" Seu had not had enough of exercise so he began to run along the train

"Reducing the differential speed between the target and yourself? A wise move to make" said Eggbert

Seu then grabbed the nearest handhold like Robin had done. He let the ranger help the others who looked far more exhausted. Lifting the added weight of both paladin and wizard (not to mention the full steel armour and pair of swords Seu was carrying) would have been a difficult and even dangerous attempt.

"- With you in my back, I'm glad to go explore new shores Eggbert !

- ..."

Seu thought the gnome must have felt too cheerful to gain new friends to speak.

" Come on Rambulge, Bari ! To adventure! To Justice !"

Though his companions had grown accustomed to the paladin's cheerful and somehow ambiguous attitude, they were still surprised to realise he was actually starting to sing while running after the train, jumping on board...

weazil

"Justice my ass!" grunted Bari as he jogged along next to the train. "If there was any justice in this world, I'd be jumping into a hot bath or a feather bed right now. Stinkin' train!"

He huffed a quick prayer to Jordann before diving sideways into the first suitable opening he saw.

Deja vu, he thought...

Bufo had time to reflect on his life as he sailed through the air towards the clanking monstrosity that had recently eaten a hobo. "Is this where I saw it all heading?" he queried himself. Chasing a mouse across a bizarre universe, being accused of smuggling and demon summoning, getting thrown about by knights in armour... Was this the ideal lifestyle for a petty thief? Probably not. Was it better than pilfering smoked sardines from dark pantries at midnight? Possibly. Was it-

He hit the deck of the train carriage pretty hard. He rolled uncontrollably, the edge of the floor approaching too rapidly, the hobo's fate looming large in his mind. He tried to stop himself but he could feel it all slipping away... Then a firm hand had him by the leg - it was Robin! Bufo breathed a sigh of relief.

Rambulge landed with what could only be described as a splat. He had managed to match his momentum to the train's pretty well and did not bounce or roll. Seu and his gnome passenger landed gracefully on the car behind them, closely followed by Bari, who landed on his side, legs still pumping away. Yngwie hopped nimbly onto the next car, and made his way to join the rest.

Once they had recovered themselves, the party hopped cars until they came to an empty one with a roof. There they sat and rested, weary from exertion - all except Seu, who was still pumped from his exercise. And Robin, who was well used to this sort of thing. And Bufo, Yngwie and Eggbert, who had ridden. Actually, it was pretty much only Rambulge and Bari who were worn out. They sat down and panted.

"I'm afraid we have a long voyage ahead of us - this train is slow and the destination is not close. It's not yet midday, so by my reckoning, we'll be passing Platina station mid morning - that's where we jump off." Bufo gave the elf a look. "Yes, I mean literally jump off."

"I thought we were going to Crystal City?" the halfling questioned.

"We are - but we can't go directly, it's too well guarded. This train goes past an abandoned station, leading to Platina, a planet that IDRA cut off over 100 years ago. Apparently there was some problem with snakes? Anyway, there is a secret entrance at that station, it leads to a temple. Certain members of the College of Magecraft made the secret entrance so they could come and go unseen. I was one of those members. It was a handy arrangement, as you'll likely see." The elf winked at Bari.

"My recommendation is that we use this time to take stock of our supplies, and get some rest - the way ahead is uncertain, and I wasn't lying when I said if you want to get to Crystal City, you need a big pair of cojones!"

We're about to begin Chapter 2, and the party has an opportunity to rest. Spellcasters should organise their spells and let me know if there are any changes. Everyone is suspiciously at full health after that last 'battle' ;)

The IDRA were kind enough to identify all your equipment for you. Here is a list of the magical items you have found so far, and their abilities:

Seu:
Whip +1: 'Fearsmite': Once per day, if the bearer is charged while wielding it, it will make a free strike before initiative is worked out, doing damage and casting a 'Fear' spell. Alignment: Evil
Shiny Longsword +1: 'Flamebrand': Can catch fire when given the command words 'Burn baby burn'. Does +2 damage to trolls, +3 to treemen and undead monsters. Alignment: Good

Rambulge:
Ring of Shocking Grasp: 'Frank's Zapper'. Casts the spell 'Shocking Grasp'. 10 charges.
Scroll: Identify
Scroll: Fireball
Scroll: Lightning Bolt
Scroll: Acid Arrow
"Being your Best - the ultimate guide to making friends and influencing people": Charisma Manual adds +1 to charisma permanently when read. One use only.

Robin:
Dagger +1: 'Huntsman's Friend'.
Arrows +1 x 15.
Ring +1 AC: 'Armour Ring'. Adds +1 to your armour class when worn.
Blinding Powder: 'Black Veil': Blinds a single enemy unless they make a save roll. Lasts until they make a successful save.

Bufo:
Sling +1
Sling bullets +1 x 23
Magic Wand: Casts the spell 'Lightning Bolt', 15 charges.
Oil: 'Starella's Aphrodisiac', casts 'Charm' on persons of the opposite sex who come within 5ft of the wearer.
Potion of Healing x 2: Restores 1D8 points of health to the person who drinks it
Potion of Extra Healing x 1: Restores 2D8 points of health to the person who drinks it
Tiny, tiny pants: Silky smooth pants. Gives a 5% bonus to sneak tests when worn. Can only be worn by halflings, gnomes or mousemen.

Bari:
Oil of Slipperiness: creates an area of extreme slipperiness as the spell 'Grease'

Unassigned Equipment:
Warhammer +1: 'Breaker'. Does an extra D6 crushing damage on a natural attack roll of 19 or 20
Cutlass +1: 'Queen's Counsel': Once owned by a notorious pirate, captain of the 'Emerald Queen.' The bearer gets a 10% bonus to NPC reactions based on charisma.
Short-sword +1: 'Thane's Guardian': This Dwarven shortsword gives the wielder a +1 to AC as well as it's combat benefits.

Please let me know if i've forgotten anything you've found!

Rambulge's guts rumbled. He was still very very hungry. Yngwie heard it, and grinned. "Let's see if the IDRA left us anything to eat, shall we?"

The elf pulled Duke's sack into the centre of the carriage and poured out the contents. A wave of golden nuggets came flowing out, partially wrapped in a cloth to keep them warm. The party's eyes lit up as the aroma of fried chicken filled the carriage.

"Well, i'll be..." muttered the elf. "Thanks Duke old fella, wherever you are now."

The door of the car suddenly burst open. Duke stood there, covered in bruises and streaks of grease. His nostrils flaring, he flung himself down onto the floor and began snaffling at the delicious golden treats.

Yngwie laughed heartily. "Looks like the Eternal Hobo lives for another day. Welcome back old friend!"

Duke stopped scoffing for a second and looked up. "Where's me lucky pebbles eh?"

Yngwie stooped and picked up a small, soiled bag and tossed it to the hobo. "There you go, safe and sound."

Duke didn't reply, but continued feeding contentedly.

"You guys better tuck in before he gets them all!" the elf chortled, before grabbing a handful himself. He grinned around a mouthful of chicken. "This calls for a song of celebration I think!"

Asslessman

Seu sat and grabbed himself a fistful of nuggets and started eating them. Their taste would be forever linked with that adventure in the IDRA facilities. The taste would forever be associated to the taste of freedom and friendship.

Looking at all his companions, he raised a nugget in the air as he would have raised a glass : "To Freedom, Frendship and the Lady !"

Seu was thinking about Clarence wo had shared their path for a short notice and he prayed the Lady to grace him with good fortune in his future. He had been a great help and would not be forgotten...
His nugget still in the air the knight added "My friends, we've let words fight our way to freedom and we have cleansed this world from a part of its evil, now let us gather all the energy we can to fill our hearts and arms with the force to serve Good"

After his meal Seu would find a quiet corner to write up a few of the ideas which had come to his mind in the late events to make some decent poetry and songs out of them.

From now on Seu will be using "Flamebrand" as his primary weapon.

Oh and Frank' Zapper 8-) love it, guess it could easily handle the "baby" snakes in Platina ;)

Penddraig

Robin settled back, his breathing easy after the mornings exertions. After all, a morning run wasn't unusual in his normal life. His thumb absently strokes the ring on his finger, it's protective aura filling him with a feeling of safety. Robin pulled the dagger from its sheath, gazing at it carefully. It was certainly Elven in origin, it's sinuous lines clear of where it had been forged, it's steel blade rust free and it's balance perfect for a variety of uses.

Picking up a handful of chicken nuggets, Robin returned the blade to its sheath. "Wonder what else is on the this train? How long until we get off? If we have time, could be worth checking out what else we may find? Bufo, fancy a wander?" Robin picked up his gear and slung it over his shoulder.

Even though I don't have everyone's actions/spells etc i'm going to advance the narrative so we can get to the next step of our adventure. You can still tell me if you want to change spells etc later on.

Bufo was eager to explore with Robin, and grabbed his sling, and the magic short-sword that noone else seemed interested in. Buckling it on made him feel bold and purposeful, like a real warrior! The two hopped from box-car to pallet, looking for anything useful or interesting. Sadly, there was not much of either to be found - the train was empty. Towards the front there was a car with a locked door. While there was not much chance of them being heard, Bufo used caution when investigating it. The lock seemed simple enough, so the halfling looked at Robin with a questioning look... open it? Don't open it?

Duke was snoring already. With an excess of time on their hands, he curled up like a cat and slept through it. Yngwie strummed his guitar in a quiet tune whilst looking thoughtfully at Rambulge. "You're a magic user, but you don't need to memorise your spells like a normal mage, do you Sir Rambulge? I've never come across that talent before, except perhaps..." The elf paused. "Have you ever heard of clan Kilmister, of the Barren Lands, from the doomed world of Mylanta...?"

Asslessman

Seu finished to pack his equipment while Yngwie was playing ...
"Anyone seen my towel? oh here it is! " Seu made a brief toilet since their little exercise had given him a little healthy sweat. He then combed his hair and made a plait of them.

The paladin gave himslef a few minutes to listen to the elf playing, there were echoes of things lost, things forgotten but there was hope in those chords... it made the kight smile and as the elf was playing the last notes of the tune, Seu stayed sat to enjoy the silence after them.
"this is a very lovely music Yngwie, I mean it"

Standing up, he looked at each of his remaning companions "Snakes you said master elf? shall we need cure against poison? does any of you know how to produce any?" grabbing his chin "Maybe we could f try to find some on this train? Hopefully Robin is with Bufo to prevent any mischievous activities, we'll se about it when they come back" walking to Rambulge and laying his hand on his shoulder "you have some rest my friend, you've had a rather stressful day haven't you?"

Seu then went to the door of the wagon, it was still ajar and the knight started singing the very same song Yngwie had played, there were the echoes of things lost and things forgotten in it but there also were echoes of...love?

Penddraig

Robin drew one of his older arrows from the quiver and nocked it to his bow. Looking at Bufo he nodded, "let's check it out but Bufo... Check for traps first, we don't want another poison episode!"

Robin is going to be prepared in case something attacks them but otherwise we'll wait and see what's behind door number 1.

weazil

Bari sat quietly, finding the constant clickety-clack of the train and the general motion of the thing a soothing distraction from the exertions of the previous two days.

Two days ago the idea that he might be spreading Jordann's message of love in other dimensions would have been farcical - possibly even heretical. But here he was, having administered Jordann's comfort in the most difficult of circumstances - during a daemon attack.

Bari leaned against the side of the train, his eyes slowly drifting closed. He waited for Jordann's touch, the silky fronds of her hair covering his face as he drifted off into a peaceful middle-ground between sleep and meditation. There he pondered her ample provisions and considered the deeper meaning of love. In the end, even the daemons needed love. Perhaps this was his goal? Hmmm...

Bari slept.

So, as mentioned before to Captain Crooks but not to the rest of you, I shall be travelling to South Africa for just under a month on the 1st of May. I've asked Asslessman to take over the 'driving' of Bari whilst I'm out, so he'll stay 'in the game'.

His current spell list looks like this:

LEVEL 1:
Cure Light Wounds
Cure Light Wounds
Cure Light Wounds
Cure Light Wounds
Cure Light Wounds

LEVEL 2:
Silence
Hold Person
Aid
Chant
Heat Metal

LEVEL 3:
Remove Curse
Prayer

Asslessman - I suspect this may need to change a little given what we've heard.

CAptain Crooks - that Mollyworld resource that you provided for the cleric spell lists doesn't seem to be available anymore. I have found a few other resources, but I'm not actually sure which version of DnD we're playing and I'm seeing a lot of spells I didn't see in the Mollyworld one. I was wondering if you might be able to reveal another suitable place to find these spells?

Thanks!

Bufo studied the lock as best as he could with the rocking motion of the train. It seemed a simple affair, no bells or whistles, so he poked his pick in (IDRA had labelled it mundane misc. utensil no.3') and gave it the old college try. The lock opened easily and he carefully opened the door and took a peek.

The carriage was outfitted as a kitchen. That was Bufo's first impression. There were cupboards, an oven, even a sink ('how does it work?'). His keen nose sensed the presence of victuals - he motioned to Robin to stay put and sidled into the carriage.
With a swiftness born of many a kitchen burglary, Bufo silently took every scrap of food he could lay his hands on - it was a smooth ballet of greed and skill. Feeling mighty pleased with himself, he prepared to ransack one last cupboard when the latch on the door opposite the one he had picked open suddenly turned. He hadn't heard anyone coming over the sound of the train! Having little choice, the halfling quickly crammed himself into the cupboard and pulled the door closed. A second later the door opened and several booted feet clumped in...

From his vantage point at the door, Robin could only look on in quiet horror as three guards dressed in a similar fashion to the ones at IDRA Grand Central filed into the carriage. One of them grunted "your turn Varis," before sitting down at a small fold-down table. The guard named Varis muttered under his breath, then unhooked a kettle from a hangar and started filling it from the sink ('how does that work?').

The third guard sat down and said "bring a biscuit too Var."

"Get yer own bloody biscuit Morris" complained Varis.

"But you're already up," Morris countered. Varis swore and opened a drawer behind him. "Ain't no bloody biscuits left" he scolded.

"Rubbish!" Spluttered the as yet unnamed guard," there were plenty there this mornin'!"

"Ain't none there now 'Erbert, you musta et 'em all yer fat glob." Varis shook his head ruefully.

"I never did, and you watch yer tongue lad or I'll have it off, see if I don't!"

"How about a bit of cheese then?" said Morris.

"Cheese with tea? Are you off yer trolley?" scowled Herbert.

"I'm 'ungry!" Morris retorted.

"Ain't no cheese left neither," Varis grumbled, sniffing at another empty drawer.

"That's a load of bollocks, there were a whole block o' Stiff Prince Dinkus in that cupboard not one hour ago, I swear it!" Herbert slammed his palm on the table. "Which o' you has been thieving victuals, eh?"

"How do you know so much about the food supplies anyways?" questioned Varis, with suspicion.

"Them's fightin' words 'Erbert" warned Morris. He looked none too pleased.

Herbert stood up. "Right then, there's nothing for it, we'll search for the cheese and biscuits, starting right here in this kitchen!" Morris nodded in approval.

"The tea's gone too" grumbled Varis, dumping the kettle into the sink with an annoyed grunt.

Inside his cupboard, Bufo quavered...

Penddraig

Robin is going to hide in shadows as much as he can and listen in to see what will happen. On another note, I'm away from tomorrow (29th April) until next Monday with no net access so I can't join in for a while. You know by now how Robin joins in...

The sound of drawers and cupboard doors opening and slamming was horrifying to Bufo. Each noise brought them closer to his hiding place. Suddenly, there was a gruff remonstration. "Erbert you lazy sod, why ain't you searchin' with us?"

"I've got a bad back, ain't I?" grumbled Herbert.

"Sod that, get over and check the cupboards down there."

There was a sound of shuffling and general bemusement. "Ain't nuthin' down there but mouldy taters, I guarantee it." Bufo's door opened and a swarthy, portly face appeared. The halfling nearly farted with terror. The man leaned there for a moment, staring hard. Then he stuffed his hand into the cupboard, past Bufo's head, and into a burlap sack. It emerged with a dirty potato, which he withdrew and waved at his companions. "See, look, nuthin' but taters. Seems to be the only thing we got left. Better keep lookin' around, might be the shovelin' boy's to blame."

"Aye" murmered Morris, "I told 'em to feed 'im better, a lad can't work all day on the pittance they feed 'im, bound to drive 'im to thievery it is."

"Alright, let's go get 'im and make 'im spill the beans, pardon me pun, hur hur hur". With that terrible joke, the three shuffled on out of the carriage. Bufo nearly farted with relief when the door slammed shut. He was about to emerge when the door flew open again. Bufo farted with terror. A voice yelled out "Back in a minute lads, I left me spear behind!"

The sound of booted feet approached the halfling's cupboard, which was rapidly filling with noxious fart gas. The door flew open and a rough hand reached in and hauled him out by the leg. A knife was quickly pressed against his neck. The leering face of Herbert came close. "What 'ave we here then, eh? A little thief no doubt? Now don't you make a sound or i'll slit ye neck to nuts..." The man wrinkled his nose in disgust. "Cor, was that you? That's bloody revoltin'!"

Bufo shrugged noncommittally.

"Me eyes are waterin'!"

Bufo rolled his eyes.

"Blimey, I can taste that, it's a physical presence on me tongue!"

"Alright alright" muttered Bufo, "no need to get carried away..."

"Look, it's tarnishing me dagger as we speak! Look at that patina..."

"OKAY! I farted! What do you want me to say huh?!"

Bufo was dragged to his feet, his collection of bulging pouches and bags plain to see. "Look at ye, smelly greedy bugger! What made ye think noone would notice all these victuals missing?" The man's eye gleamed cruelly. "Might have to punish ye, I will. But we don't need the others to know now do we? Let's find ourselves a little privacy..." Bufo gulped as he was shoved towards the door, in the direction the woodsman was hiding in.

"Wh..what are you going to do with m..me, there's nothing much down that way, just lots of empty cars and s..stuff...?" Bufo stammered, hoping to give Robin a warning somehow, without giving too much away.

"Yes, empty cars, nice and private, perfect! Let's just say, you and I are goin' ter 'ave a little fun together - these trip are long, and lonely, no real companionship..." the man leant his lips close to Bufo's ear and hissed, "and I likes them small."

On that rather seedy note, I'm going to call a little break from the D&D game. With Penddraig away for a week, Gaj on his trip and myself out in the country till the weekend with very sporadic internet connection, it seems the best choice (sorry JB, I know this will be hard for you ;) ). Also, I hope weismonsters is well, we haven't heard from him in a bit and he wasn't well at one point - - are you okay?? :S And CVB, I hope you're okay too fella, you've been quiet this week! I'll resume the game when Penddraig returns, and hopefully Bufo won't get the hard word in the meantime ;)

I'm going to focus on my TAFE assignment, work on my April dragon as i'm running out of time (again) and also try and assemble my Lawful Warband entry and make an Yngwie model... so i wont be resting on my laurels!

Asslessman

Yngwie notes still echoing in his mind, Seu leant on th ewall of the wagon... Looking at his companions sleeping was actually nice, they had not had any rest for a long time, now, they had a good while ahead of them to rest an dprepare themselves...

As a matter of fact, I am very sad of this but I also have to admit I'll be away from friday to May 11th with internet access close to nothing...
Let's all enjoy our little vacations gentlemen ;)

Eggbert took the opportunity of a nice train ride to get some rest and ponder a few imponderables.

Sorry i was not logging in for a few days there. Been visiting familiy. I will be back next Tuesday.

Back