Oldhammer Weekender 2014

Golgfag1

Great news, all being well see you there.

Paul / Golgfag1

airbornegrove26":2mgj54uo said:
Great news. I will purchase my plane tickets tonight. Will be arriving in Manchester on the 6th and will take the train down to Newark on Trent now instead of Nottingham. The only thing left is to get a hold of Foundry with their new address to find close hotel accommodations. Thanks for the help guys. Hope everyone had fun at Salute!!!

weazil

Hi chaps

Sorry about the silence - I've just been snowed under with real life. I'll catch up with Marcus about this, but I am confident that we should have no problems, as they should be well established by the time we get there.

I'll keep you posted.

Regards
Gaj

Orlygg

weazil":z6mlyqv6 said:
Hi chaps

Sorry about the silence - I've just been snowed under with real life. I'll catch up with Marcus about this, but I am confident that we should have no problems, as they should be well established by the time we get there.

I'll keep you posted.

Regards
Gaj

I spoke to Diane on Saturday at Salute for some time. Its all up in the air at the moment as there is a lot for them to do. But they are happy to accommodate us in which ever location is most suitable come come August. To be honest, if what she described of the plans for Newark come to pass it would be an incredible location. All 100,000 of Bryan's miniatures on display in one place would be a sight to see!

I spoke to Diane on Saturday at Salute for some time. Its all up in the air at the moment as there is a lot for them to do. But they are happy to accommodate us in which ever location is most suitable come come August. To be honest, if what she described of the plans for Newark come to pass it would be an incredible location. All 100,000 of Bryan's miniatures on display in one place would be a sight to see!

Oh, well I might wait a little bit then.

It seems a bit shaky for me to drop the money for the plane tickets, till plans are a little more set in stone.

Do keep us informed, as I would love to make the trip across the pond. I have already been thinking up story lines for my Chaos champion traveling such a great distance.

If it doesn't work out this year though, who knows maybe me and Blue can get together.....VT in the summer?

lenihan

Orlygg":16zbluz6 said:
weazil":16zbluz6 said:
Hi chaps

I'll keep you posted.

Regards
Gaj

That would be an amazing sight... can't help but worry a little bit about the location being out in the middle of nowhere (perhaps it's not quite as inaccessible as I'm imagining?), as that's bound to discourage people.

Greetings all;

Is there any final resolutions on this. Hopefully it's the same weekend as I'm on exercise in Texas the week before and then off again on exercise to Cyprus the week after.

I'm definitely interested in something Rogue Trader related; also Thantants and I were discussing a bit off 6mm goodness in the form of Epic 2nd Edition; and I'm also trying to groom my mates into coming and taking part with their forces. From the recent replies to the Epic Posts on mine and Thants Blogs it seems there's a real interest on Epic again...as such would anyone else be up for a game?

bug16

Legiocustodes":1rlpwv3j said:
would anyone else be up for a game?

Oh hell yes! :grin: I was going to bring another WHFB army but the thought of playing Space Marine 2nd would be great. I've got a HUGE 1st/2nd edition painted 'Guard army. :) No painted Titans though. :|

Thantsants

Sounds like we might have to adapt the orders phase to speed things up at this rate - which is a good thing! :mrgreen:

No orders below company level unless it's for support detachments might be the way to go?

We could also do with some more Xeno scum to shoot up with all our Imperial and Space Marine stuff - either that or some of us will have to go traitor :twisted:

Chico

Yes please too epic, I never played it before but I'm looking into buying some in the months to come.

I'll bring some Xenos (Ork or Squat, yet to make my mind up), and I'll get myself the rules and everything by that date so have no worrys

bug16

Chico":1k3nb55h said:
Yes please too epic, I never played it before but I'm looking into buying some in the months to come.

2nd edition is superb and easily the best edition imo. It's the only edition imo that actually feels like you're playing really HUGE games within a sensible timescale with lots of companies of troops plus war engines and titans. 1st edition was fun but it's clunky. Epic 40k is very bland. EpicA plays a good tactical and strategic game but games never feel "epic".

I'll bring some Xenos (Ork or Squat, yet to make my mind up), and I'll get myself the rules and everything by that date so have no worrys

PM incoming!

Chico

Space Marine 1 was before my time and Space Marine 2 was dying just as I hit the hobby. I played Epic 40k alot though when it first came out, loved the idea of making Warbands look like my 40k armies. Didn't bother with Epic A as I had no one to play it with and all My E40K was sold on for beer and bacon money :(

bug16

Chico":1b04bkn7 said:
Space Marine 1 was before my time and Space Marine 2 was dying just as I hit the hobby. I played Epic 40k alot though when it first came out, loved the idea of making Warbands look like my 40k armies. Didn't bother with Epic A as I had no one to play it with and all My E40K was sold on for beer and bacon money :(

Orks play very differently in SMv2 compared to Epic 40k. Basically they're less horde and more organised.

Chico

Thanks to some help and very valuable information info from Bug I'm now 100% committed to joining you guys, if that's ok of course. I'll be bringing Orks (Blood Axe themed of course) and since it's me your'll know it'll be 100% painted :)

No one has a problem of me basing on 2p's though?

Wow; I'm impressed with the Epic enthusiasm that's surfacing! The more the merrier I say, my mate from the Navy will be bringing stuff too.

Yeah I think a streamlining of the rules would be a good idea; luckily they're pretty fluid anyway!!

Base them on what ever you're happy with....it's old hammer; I actually removed all the bases from my tanks as I felt they looked better without them.

AM I being super dumb here, because I cannot find when this is being organised for? What date? Can the opening poster please edit the fist post to include the proposed date of the event? That would make life easier for me! I always forget the date of games! Also how do I register?

Alas, Oldhammer weekend for me will be a No Go.

I really thought this was going to work out, but to much has come up in the past few weeks.

Hopefully next year then! Can't wait to see all of the reports.

weazil

Oh dear! That's a huge pity! I was really looking forward to meeting you and possibly facing off against your lovely chaos horde...

Hopefully things might change for you, or that you at least get another opportunity!

Regards
Gaj

Thantsants

Legiocustodes":tztm42ga said:
Wow; I'm impressed with the Epic enthusiasm that's surfacing! The more the merrier I say, my mate from the Navy will be bringing stuff too.

Yeah I think a streamlining of the rules would be a good idea; luckily they're pretty fluid anyway!!

Base them on what ever you're happy with....it's old hammer; I actually removed all the bases from my tanks as I felt they looked better without them.

Have you got a preference of which day. I'd go for the Sunday personally as I'm hoping to fit my siege in on the Saturday - before my mind is befuddled with hangover... :mrgreen:

Chico

I'd be happy to play it on either day or both days, if anyone wants a smaller 1 on 1 or such like on the other day then I'm game for that. I'm only bringing Epic as it's going to be a pain for me to bring much else.

Back