Bonus Scenario 1

treps

Here is the draft of my scenario, sorry for my bad English, it does really need editing and correcting, don't hesitate to propose changes, etc...

Bruno

THE RESCUE
This Scenario for Oldhammer is intended for 3 players, one of them being the Game Master (GM). To keep the fun and surprise effect only the GM should read what will follow before playing the game.

Introduction
Dark Elves are raiding the Old World to bring home new slaves, a Dwarf gyrocopter scouting the region spots them but is shot by the Dark Elves before being able to go back to his base camp. The gyrocopter crashes in the woods. The Dark Elves are sending a scouting team to check for any survivors and kill them, at the same time, a dwarf saw the crashing of the gyrocopter and is sending a rescue team to check for a survivor and find any information he may have gathered.

Context
The Dark Elves are pillaging the region.
The Dwarves are looking for a new gromril mine.

The forces
Dark Elves :
1500pts choosen from the following units (WFB armies for WFB 3rd Edition)
1-2 Heroes
5-25 Shadows
2-8 Whelp Masters
20-50 Warriors
10-40 Dark Riders
0-20 HellDrakes

Dwarves :
1500pts choosen from the following units (WFB armies for WFB 3rd Edition, WD 100 for the gyrocopter)
1-2 Heroes
20-60 Dwarf crossbowmen
20-40 Dwarf Warriors
0-20 Troll Slayers
0-40 Dwarf Clansmen
0-20 Thunderers
0-12 Sappers
0-2 gyrocopter

Wood Elves (played by the GM) :
1000 pts taken from the followinf Units (WFB Armies for WFB 3rd Edition)
1 Hero
1-3 Treemen
2-6 Beastmasters
10-20 Guards
10-30 Glade Runners
0-20 Falconers
Please note that the Wood Elves are here to protect the forest against any invaders, they are neutral but will do their best to fight any unit from both Dwarf and DarK Elf forces.

Goals
Dark Elves goals :
The Dark elf player mission is to check that the pilot of the gyrocopter is dead, He does not want any survivor or witness.
Dwarf goals ;
The Dwarf player wants to get the map of the region made by the pliot of the gyrocopter, he also wants to rescue the pilot.
Wood elves goals :
The GM goal is to keep the forest quiet without being disturbed by strangers.

The Game :
The game is played on a 4'x6' table.
rescuemap.png

The map is a guide for terrain placement. The table must look like a forest but you must leave places for the units to move between the trees. When walking outside of the walkway the troops suffers penalty (if any) for walking on forest ground (treat as difficult ground).
The GM is free to arrange he map to his goodwill.
The crash zone must be clearly visible on the table (you can model a crater with debris), the crash zone is on the half part of the table where the dwarfs come in.
The Dark Elves are beginning in A.
The Dwarf come from B OR C.
Wood Elves are setup in the grey area (9" from East and West borders, 6" from North and South Borders).

Victory Conditions
Dark Elves :
Kill the Pilot : 150pts
Dwarf or Wood Elf killed or routed outside of the table : point value of the model
Dwarves :
Rescue the pilot : 50 pts
Find the map : 100 pts
Dark elf or wood elf killed or routed outside of the table : point value of the model
Wood Elves :
The wood elves are victorious if all the Dwarves and Darks elves are killed or routed of the table (both players lost).

Special rules
Hidden deployment :
The wood elves are hidden at the beginning of the game, the GM must mark precisely their position on a secret map. As soon as a unit of Dwarves or Dark Elves is 8" from a wood elf unit, the unit is revealed.
Find the map :
The Dwarves are trying to find the map made by the pilot. A Dwarf unit in contact of the crash zone may try to find the map if not engaged in melee, during the turn they look for the map the unit can not move or shoot. For each unit in contact with the crash zone and looking for the map roll 1d6 during the move, on 4+ the unit finds the map, the leader of the unit (or standard bearer or drummer) is now carrying the map. The unit must then go outside of the table by using exit B OR C to gain victory points. If the unit is destroyed the map is lost.
Rescue the pilot :
A dwarf unit in contact of the crash zone may rescue the pilot, this a troll slayer. The unit must then carry him outside of the table using exit B or C to gain victory points.
Kill the pilot :
If the dark elves manage to go to the crash zone they can try to kill the pilot in melee, he has the profile of a Troll Slayer.

Campaign Gaming
This little game may be used as the beginning of a narrative campaign. For example :
The next game is a raid of the Dark elves against a human village.
If the Dark Elves won they can now prepare their next attack against the nearest human village with their army, they gain a 10% bonus points for the battle
If the Dwarves win they can alert the human village, add a 250 pts ally dwarf force to the human village for the next game.
After this battle (Dark elves vs Humans) you may play a scenario where the humans are pursuing the dark elves if the humans win (half size for the dark elves army compared to the human army) or a Siege scenario where the Dark elves wil siege the human fortress near the village if the dark elves win (the dark elves army draining allies like chaos forces and/or Orcs and goblins with them, in a 1/3 ratio (1000 points of human against 3000 points of Dark elves and allies for example)).

treps

Erny":149ohzzh said:
Should be called Black Dwarf Down.
Yes that's a great one, I was looking myself for a movie name to make a pun but as I just know the French titles it's not that easy to do...

Other than the name (and setting aside my bad English) don't hesitate to amend it or propose changes, it's just a draft !

Bruno

Thantsants

Nice one Erny :lol:

Looks good Treps and your English is pretty much faultless too!

Might just change
at the same time, a dwarf saw the crashing of the gyrocopter and are sending a rescue team to check for a survivor and find any information he may have gathered.
to "is sending a rescue party" in your introduction to make it all grammatical and stuff.

Really like the suggestions at the end for making it into a campaign game and the way you set out the forces to be used.

Is it worth coming to an agreement on a standard format for the scenarios we publish or do our own thing as writers? I'll post mine up and see what you think, although its not a million miles away in layout from yours.

Back