Oldhammer Legacy Warband 2014 - sign up & progress thread

axiom

By popular vote (and slightly subversively), we have managed to select an option which wasn't on the racial poll. Our warband is going to be a multi-racial good warband; a sort of anti-Chaos warband if you will.

Contributors
1 axiom - elf warrior (received)
2 Asslessman - human hero (received)
3 Chico - half-orc (received)
4 Jeff McC - human archer (received)
5 Blue in VT - human archer (received)
6 Zhu - gnome (received)
- Mister Rab - DNF
- LeadAsbestos - DNF
7 Fimm McCool - barbarian (received)
8 Captain Crooks - giant (received)
- tp_1983 - DNF
9 Mostyn - centaur (received)
- Plaiecivile - DNF
10 Aiteal - standard (received)
11 ardyer - human fighter (received)
12 phreedh - female dwarf (received)
13 Lord Chaotl Oml - human wizard (received)
14 Bane - elf archer (received)
15 Firebreather - elf (received)
- Thantsants - DNF
- Porkaborg - DNF
16 Just John - gnome (received)
- witchfinderingeneral - DNF
17 littleleadperson - human warrior (received)
18 theottovonbismarck - slann (received)
- Vyper - DNF
- Whitesun - DNF
19 Bluey Zarzov - human mounted knight (received)
- majorsmith - DNF
20 ChaosChild - human shaman (received)
21 Count Von Bruno - dwarf warrior (received)
22 Count Von Bruno - human wizard (received)
23 simondale - human flagellent (received)
24 Skittifink - human cannon & crew (received)
25 olean - human knight (received)
26 gerner - dwarf (received)
27 airbornegrove26 - human bard (received)
28 bulldoglopez - elf mage (complete, requires posting)
29 Moodygit - Elf wardancer (received)
30 weazil - Elf bear master / were bear (received)

How does this Legacy Warband thing work anyway?
As a reminder, all contributors agree to paint and contribute one model to the pre-agreed theme (multi-racial good races). You paint the model and post it to your friendly neighbourhood organiser (me - axiom). All contributors are entered into a draw, and the winner out of the hat wins the warband for their collection.

What's the timeframe involved?
Models to be with me (axiom) by Saturday 31st January, with the draw taking place in 1st week in February. No further submissions being taken for the 2014 project.

What models can I contribute?
The theme is a multi-racial good warband; suitable models might include humans, elves, halflings, dwarfs, slann...the list is pretty expansive. Feel free to think wider - warhounds, familiars, mounts and large creatures might also find a home. The project is an Oldhammer project, but that doesn't mean you need to donate a vintage Citadel model - if you have something that looks right from a modern range or alternative manufacturer, then that's all well and good!

How will this warband look coherent?
Good question; the colour scheme has been decided, which will help. Secondly, it was suggested (very sensibly), that the winner does the basing for the warband. This will ensure that a) the warband is coherently based and b) the warband fits into their own collection.

Primary colour = olive (major pieces of clothing, cloaks etc).
Secondary colour = bone (trim, sashes, feathers etc).

Colours/finishes of armour, weapons, skin colour, straps, gemstones and so on are all up to the individual painter to select

How do I take part?
No further contributions being taken for the 2014 project. This thread is where you formally stick your hand up and commit to participating. Simply reply to in the thread, stating what model you are likely to contribute (this can change at a later date), and I will amend the contributor list above.

Progress to date (21 Oct)
LegacyWarbandAction211014_zpsa53be680.jpg

Any questions?!

Asslessman

Re: Oldhammer Legacy Warband 2014 - sign up & progress threa

I do solemnly declare that I am hoing to paint a human Hero for this band...or a goat-man

Chico

Aye I'm up for this, My choice is a Lawful Good Half Orc :)

Jeff McC

I'm in. I've a human archer I think will fit the bill.

Blue in VT

....eeeeewwww....this thread must have rubbed up against Chico somehow...because it is now "Sticky".... :lol: So look for it at the top of this sub-forum

Oh...and sign me up for a Dwarf!

Cheers,

Blue

Zhu Bajie

...and you also have my axe!

(erm, that's a dwarf, unless I change my mind!)

Mister Rab

Looks like there are plenty of dwarfs already... which is a shame as I thought I might have found a use for the gun-toting White Knight dwarf he included in a trade with me. If that gives too many dwarfs, I could go in for a halfling or a human instead. Your call, axiom.

axiom

Mister Rab":26fnhwxs said:
Looks like there are plenty of dwarfs already... which is a shame as I thought I might have found a use for the gun-toting White Knight dwarf he included in a trade with me. If that gives too many dwarfs, I could go in for a halfling or a human instead. Your call, axiom.

A chaos warband could easily end up with several dwarfs...no reason why our happy band of all things good shouldn't either!

Fimm McCool

Gah, goodies are so boring. :roll:

Well, anyway. Stick me down for a Barbarian. I have a double of the Warlock of Firetop Barbarians and it'll be a fun challenge making it look half-decent. :grin:

Pick me! My miniature will likely be an elf, human woman or ogre if they are allowed in a lawful heroic band ( maybe some poncy paladin took him under his wing and taught him righteousness :grin: )

Mostyn

10 months to paint one figure and you don't even have to base it? Definitely my kind of painting deadline. :grin: Count me in, almost certainly with an elf.

Plaiecivile

I am getting on board!
And since it is a good warband, it definitely needs a human paladin :grin:

ardyer

Okay, I'm in. I'll paint up a human fighter. For those of us in the USA, do we want to consolidate postage or just mail separately?

phreedh

I've had a look through my spares... put me down for the female dwarf fighter Griswolda and her pet platypus Klarqe.

Does it have to be a fighter? I think I should have a nice human magician somewhere.

Asslessman

Choice has been made, it's an Asgard reference by Jes Goodwin for me (now sold by alternative armies) :

bp2_1ws.jpg

Captain Crooks":1kmrdllw said:
Pick me! My miniature will likely be an elf, human woman or ogre if they are allowed in a lawful heroic band ( maybe some poncy paladin took him under his wing and taught him righteousness :grin: )
I heard that ! (actually read it), I know a poncy paladin who could lead your chaotic evil arse on the path of good with just a smile and fancy combed hair...

phreedh

Asslessman":1c6mjxrj said:
Choice has been made, it's an Asgard reference by Jes Goodwin for me (now sold by alternative armies)
As is mine. =)

DW-09-1024x768.jpg

Back