Quest for the Abbot's Cheese : facts and fiction

Asslessman

Now, as we can have to expect some levelling up at some point (I hope so :roll: ) I'm starting work on Seu and Rambulge 2.0...
CountvonBruno, we can thank Phreedh because he provided me with the hex base (I still don't know why I wanted Hex bases on them so bad but anyway).

vGe4xgFQOjvPHVPAMzSyYxLlDFVxdIHz_TAqNRpAmuJP=w678-h509-no

Aha! I knew we had some fans out there! Well, at least one anyway. Thanks Just John, im l'm glad you're enjoying it - I'm always trying to be mindful of how the pace of a quest runs and avoiding boredom if possible ;)

I don't suppose you want to join in? We could really use a wizard in the party! You don't need prior experience, and just one post a day keeps you in play :grin:

weazil

Bravo, Captain Crooks! That's been a cracking adventure - very much appreciate your hard work - the writing, the art, the whole management of the thing - best DnD I've ever had!

Cheers!

Asslessman

Same here, can't wait to see what's ahead for us ! Thanks for the hard work and thanks to you my fellow adventurers because it wouldn't be the same without you merry lads !

Penddraig

Well, what started as a few aimless postings has certainly escalated hasn't it? Thoroughly enjoyable and a very distracting part to the day. Thanks especially to Captain Crooks for a well thought out game and to the rest of you for a fantastic party to play alongside. Now let's hunt some mouse!

Asslessman

All this good energy has even got me motivated and I've been working on Seu and Rambulge 2.0, I hope to show them soon :grin:

Asslessman

Sorry Weismonster, you're going to wait a little,

Our friend Rambulge got a little nervous and Seu decided to visit the new town sword in hand

go-to-jail.jpg

Damn, we have far too much money, we need to spend it on some fancy equipment, the lady demands it !

Don't worry Mr Assless, the Crooks works in mysterious ways... and I'm sure the Lady will understand, you've only been rich for a few hours ;)

Asslessman

On a side note, I don't get why jail always has to be part of (nearly) every adventure, I can't remmeber how many times I used it when GMing how many times I 've been sent to jail as a PC (even in video RPGs) and it always works... I've reread the 4 sorcery adventure books and you go to jail a fair number of times too in those.
I really don't mean it as a complaint because I'm enjoying every bit of our adventure, it's just I find funny that Jail and being imprisoned is an essential part of Roleplaying. Th eonly time a GM used something different was when we got in a temple to hide from invincible foes in a WHRP game but the result was the same : trapped in a confined place with no liberty but to do what you're supposed to do.

I normally don't try to see the tricks behind the magic but as a former GM I'm really interested in the mechanics used to narrow the choices offered to PCs or the means used to let players think they can do anything when they have no options..

Aaaaaanyway, let's get back to gaming ;) I was really glad to see Weis pop up this soon!

I will admit, there is a certain appeal for a DM to have everyone in the same place so he/she can arrange events in a sequence that fit their adventure ;) It may seem like the lazy option (and truthfully, it's not very imaginative) but look at is from this perspective:

a) It helps set the scene and gives us some interesting avenues for character development
b) It's a staple cliche, and an adventure of this kind wouldn't be complete without it, and
c) I gave you chicken nuggets

This week has been a bit stressful with everyone at work ill and my wife unwell too, and me being on an early morning shift hasn't helped much (i'm a sleep-in kinda guy) so the quality of posting has suffered a bit this week (i had so many little art pieces i wanted to do that never eventuated), and the forum blackout came at an inopportune time, but once we're past this business the good times will roll on - we've got a fantastic new teammate, i've got a couple of fun new NPCs you're about to meet, and plenty of action, adventure and suspense headed your way... in the meantime enjoy your nuggets, get acquainted with your new friends and let's get Rambulge and Bufo out of prison... prison is going to be hell on Bufo... you know it. Don't let it happen!

Asslessman

I hope I made myslef clear about this but I really didn't mean to say sending characters to jail is a form of lazyness of some sort. I really just wanted to say that it's a recurring theme (a cliche like you said) and that it's often the opportunity to test players. It is convenient game wise to arrange things as you also said but seeing what other people do of ot os the most intersting part. I onc estarted an adventure in a prison cell (THAT is lazy 8-) ) and the PCs found a way to escape I would have never imagined (they just ignored all the possibilities I offered them and that was just brilliant to see.

I haven't noticed any drop of quality in posts lately, just less quantity but with what's ahead, I think we'ere gonna have some sweet time!

Back