BOYL 2014 - For Those Who Want To Run Games

As a games organiser, how much organisation of the 'large' games do you want?

• I don't want any assistance. Don't even book a table for me - I'll pitch on the day and organise as

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just book a table for me. I'll manage the rest of the event handling

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • I want you to arrange a table and handle the 'bookings' for the game for me.

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

weazil

Hi all

Continuing with the polls for the organisation of BOYL 2014, I would like to find out more about those planning to organise games.

This was a major issue the last time, in that events were offered, but the take-up for the 'official' ones (besides the RoC one) was disappointing. Also, some event organisers did not appear and others appeared to have no gamers whatsoever participate.

So, the question really is - how much organisation do you want me to put into formalising 'event' games?

The reason I ask is that this seems to be one of the key reasons many people attend. So, whilst it might be easy for you (the organiser) to say 'I'll just pitch on the day and sort it out, I won't worry about it now' - please remember that people may have specifically attended to participate in your event! So, please don't just propose an idea and leave it unmanaged - if you are serious about running a game, please think about the people for whom you are planning to run it. Most of us will be spending hundreds of pounds - some people will be flying from other countries in order to attend and so understandably would be bitterly disappointed if they ended up wasting their money.

For this reason, I am happy to assist (as we did the last time) with the 'event' game bookings.

As always, there is an 'Other' option if what I've specified isn't suitable.

weazil

Hi all

Just a reminder that this poll will be approaching its conclusion soon - I'd still be interested in any uncast votes...

Back