Jeff's completed projects for 2014

Jeff McC

While I've an in progress thread going for my wood elf project, there is some more painting going on on the side, so my intention with this thread is to show everything I manage to bring to completion in 2014. (With a very real possibility that some of those projects will have been started many years ago)(and yes there will be overlap with the wood elf WIP) The majority will be oldhammer stuff, but I won't guarantee you won't see the occasional modern model (or even something from outside warhammer altogether), so browse at your own risk... In any case you're all here for the photos, so enjoy:

First up is my test model for the regiment of Ruglud's armored orcs I've managed to pick up, I tried to create the feel that his armor had been pieced together from various abandoned suits of chaos armor (in keeping with the backstory). I'm not quite sure it worked. He's going to sit on the edge of the paint table and get watched for a bit to see if it grows on me.

Next a plastic chaos warrior standard. Not a big fan of these models- the way they assemble means you have to paint them prior to putting them together otherwise there are lots of visible areas that are very difficult to reach. (Also they're about the same size as my old ogres and really fill the 25mm base, making them a challenge to rank up) That said I'm reasonably please with the results, and think I've managed a bit of an oldhammer vibe as well. (If I've gotten the latin right the motto translates as "never wear underwear" - clearly a strong Slaneeshi influence)

And finally, despite being in my wood elf WIP, my finished MDC treeman (Bob Naismith sculpt)

Attachments

• ruglud's 1.JPG
    ruglud's 1.JPG
    180.3 KB · Views: 4,181
  • chaos.JPG
    chaos.JPG
    158.4 KB · Views: 4,181
  • treeman done2.JPG
    treeman done2.JPG
    225.5 KB · Views: 4,181

Ti Pouchon

Nil ubi sub ubi?

never where under where...

huh.

Oh.

OH!

happy-ba-dum-tss-l.jpg

Well played, sir. Well played.

cheetor

Jeff McC":a8l1lees said:
Finished up the a unit of plastic wood elves today.

Beautiful use of colour on those. Lovely.

My own painting is always more gaudy and comic book in style, so when I see someone pull of a subtle scheme like that I am am always extra impressed.

Jeff McC

Thanks for all the kind comments.
This was a good weekend for painting, I've finished the first 6 models for my project in the "How to do Oldhammer" thread. I tried something new with the bases, going for a swampy look inspired by King Arthur's skeleton bases.

Attachments

• skaven.JPG
    skaven.JPG
    233.8 KB · Views: 3,929

Jeff McC

Game coming up this weekend and I suddenly realized I hadn't quite finished up 3 of the fanatics that I needed. They were about 80% complete when I started, so it didn't take too much to finish them up.

I also discovered that while I had all the goblin warmachine crew I needed for later editions of the rules, I was 1 orc crewman short of what I needed for 3rd edition...Fortunately I had the model, (completely unpainted) and was able to get a quick paintjob knocked out.

Attachments

• fanatics.JPG
    fanatics.JPG
    226.3 KB · Views: 2,167
  • orc crew.JPG
    orc crew.JPG
    247.4 KB · Views: 2,167

Jeff McC

Wood elves are coming along slowly, but I did manage to finish a chaos warrior this week.

Attachments

• chaos 2.JPG
    chaos 2.JPG
    226 KB · Views: 2,140

Jeff McC

Orlygg's recent article was well timed and provided the final push I needed to get started building the cottage I'd been slowly gathering materials for. I'm pleased with the results, in particular I wouldn't have thought to attempt the chimney without the article.

Attachments

• cottage 1.JPG
    cottage 1.JPG
    238.8 KB · Views: 2,112
  • cottage 2.JPG
    cottage 2.JPG
    234.8 KB · Views: 2,112

Jeff McC

A recent game made me feel like I needed a better way of shifting goblin fanatics between the different base sized required for the different editions. This fanatic "doughnut base" is the result...

I also finished a treeman for my wood elves last week, but forgot to post it here.

Attachments

• fanatic base 1.JPG
    fanatic base 1.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 2,112
  • fanatic base 2.JPG
    fanatic base 2.JPG
    199.3 KB · Views: 2,112
  • tree 2 done.JPG
    tree 2 done.JPG
    243.6 KB · Views: 2,112

Jeff McC

Managed to bring a batch of wood elves to completion this weekend. For some reason these fellows were stubborn about getting painted.

Attachments

• elf 8.JPG
    elf 8.JPG
    236 KB · Views: 2,064

Jeff McC

Finished Rackhir, the red archer. Think I managed to do it in such a way that he'll also be able to serve as a hero model for my wood elf force.

Attachments

• red 1.JPG
    red 1.JPG
    174 KB · Views: 2,033

Darkblade

I'm starting to read through some of threads for the first time on this great forum and had to say that I enjoyed this one a lot as I used to have a lot of them myself. I might just have to get some of those armoured orcs again. Thanks for sharing.

Suber

Reeeeally nice! The colour combination is great, and the base makes it all really atmospherical :).

Back