Steefan Horking and his Cybork Boyz (WIP)

Orjetax

Updates:
12/30/16: More stainless steel skull painboyz on pg. 7 http://forum.oldhammer.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1709&start=60

Well. What have we here?

This will be the WIP thread with for my Bad Moons cyborks. My Blood Axes are over here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=658.

I may put some fluff here as I get the mob painted, which I'll hope to incorporate into bat reps (having been inspired by Padre's, for example viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1633).

1/20/14- updated with finished nob and concept/fluff
. . . Some things happened and I forgot to revise this first post . . .
4/5/14- update on page 4

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 6,503

Orjetax

Re: Cybork WIP

Plaiecivile":1zl4kypm said:
... and by going through the forum, I realize you already know of Krolech :mrgreen:

Yes indeed! But thank you for the good suggestion anyway!

Count Von Bruno":1zl4kypm said:
Congrats! There are some cybork bits on evilbay at the moment, but they are way too expensive.

. . . How much are they? I didn't notice any up.

Chico":1zl4kypm said:
The mono wheel was always my fav Cybork bit, hope you make good use of him :)

Agreed! That, along with a power fist torso, is slated for the nob.

Orjetax

Wow. That person has great stock, but it is indeed insanely expensive.

Asking price is high and shipping to US a fortune too.

ardyer

Orjetax":2vs9cw3z said:
Wow. That person has great stock, but it is indeed insanely expensive.

Asking price is high and shipping to US a fortune too.

Keep an eye on his stuff though because you can get done good deals from him. You just have to watch.

Orjetax

Steefan Horking's skull pounded. It had been a rough . . . well, not a rough night. This was no fungus wine hangover. A rough fortnight? Longer?

. . .

It ought to have been easy enough. Basskitt was the fourth planet from the sun in the Buh'red system. Buh'red Basskitt was a primitive agri-world full of stupid humies what didn't have too many big guns. Or too many guns at all, really. Not much to get excited about, but the meks assured that there were valuable metals beneath the surface, and a humie population that could be put to good use as slave labor.

The stunties had been an unexpected surprise.

The first that Steefan Horking knew of the stunties on Buh'red Baskitt was when they ambushed him and the lads returning from a raid. Turned out that the stunties had Horking and his mob in a pincer - the stunties had occupied some abandoned stone and wood buildings on either side of the road.

Early in the fight, Horking had taken a lasgun shot straight to his lower jaw which tore away in a spray of scorched muscle, bone, and teef. The shock knocked Horking to the ground and the smell of his own burning flesh had reminded him - in that moment - of barbecued hair squig.

A lesser ork might have been taken out of the fight. But not Steefan Horking. He was the toughest, cruelest, nob around and by Gork he wasn't going to lie down like some sniveling grot just because his jaw'd been shot off. Firing his pistol crazily, Horking surged upright.

It seemed like such a good idea, at the time, to run off the road and to make straight for the stunties where his power klaw could do some good.

Horking hadn't counted on the stunties' taktiks. Like cowardly Blood Axes, the stunties had seeded the side of the road with mines. The explosion blew Horking into the air, separating him from the shattered ruins of his legs.

As he spun crazily, Horking got a pretty decent look at the stunties' position as they shot the lads to pieces.

And then things went dark.

. . .

"Thassa genuine, certified, sta'blized gyroscopic monowheel!"

Horking cracked his eyes open to stare into the face of Bad Dok Sawteef. The pounding in his skull persisted.

"'Course," Bad Dok Sawteef continued, steepling his fingers, "yer didn't have enough teef left ta pay. But I'm nuffink if not a per-fesh-shional. So consider it pro bono publiko, righ'?" To accentuate the point, Bad Dok Sawteef picked up a surgical instrument and jabbed it emphatically at Horking's chin. It clanged.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 2,003
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 2,003
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 2,003

Orjetax

Horking blinked and tried to tell the Dok to piss off. Horking's iron mandible clanged loudly open and shut, doing nothing to help his headache.

Bad Dok Sawteef grinned toothily. "Righ'. You'll figure it out in short time. Learning curve an' all. Off you go den. Stunties ain't killin' 'emselves, are dey?"

And with a shove from the Dok, Steefan Horking rolled out the medikal hut, and into the daylight.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 2,002
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 2,002

Orjetax

So that's the concept, and the first finished mini (and a painboy painted years ago, and pressed into service). Enjoy!

Orjetax

Asslessman":3e5mwtw7 said:
Both paintjob and story are excellent, love it, I'd want to see more.

Thank you! Glad you like the little story. Your comment made me realize that it's the first snippet of 'creative writing' I've done in over a decade.

cheetor":3e5mwtw7 said:
The monowheel was always one of the more appealing bioniks for some reason. Completely stupid, but good fun. I used Kromlech parts for mine.

Do you have any more cyborks on the assembly line?

I'd seen yours previously and think they're great! I have kromlech cybork parts as well, albeit in a box somewhere . . . But I veered towards the old school minis again.

I've got some more cyborks waiting in the wings! The goal is a unit of 30 which could also be used in 6th Ed games of 40k.

Perhaps combine Cyborks with Madboyz :mrgreen: ?

That's a fun model and backstory, reading this puts me at great personal risk of going on a painting waaagh again...must....resist...

Back