[MUSTER] Gyokurinti the Strangler's ordu

Aiteal

Ohh, that is a nice conversion.
I'll say one thing for new-hammer plastic models, they certainly have encouraged a high degree of conversion/creativity among the players.
I'll stick with my nostalgia however, and my overcompensating now for not being able to afford so many minis back then ;)

Aiteal

Made some progress this week with one of the horde's trolls, Shakined Bone Bender, a model I've always wanted to paint since seeing the line drawing in 2nd edition rule book.
He was lots of fun to paint, plenty of practice for trying out my first go with a wet palette, Hobol Firebreath will be next and the purist in me wants to source Skuttlescree to replace the 3rd edition cave troll that completes The Gurban's line-up
lJq7fI5.png

Also I painted up Burilgi Qara the hobgoblin assassin
3tUv5cX.png

as always bases undone till I can tackle 20 or so at once to aim for a degree of consistency with their look

Aiteal

To be honest I'm not too sure :)
The warhammer armies book really only has a mercenary list, so I have to sit down and work out PVs for wolf riders etc.
I'm aiming to get enough for 4-5 points of a Saga warband done for January to play a few games against a friends wood elves.

Rob_S

How did I miss this thread?

These are great. Hobgoblins are one of my favourite sets of models, I have a bunch. I am very jealous of your collection of hob hounds. I't be interested in what colour scheme you use to paint them up.

Got any rockets?

Aiteal

Rob_S":3ctv2l1j said:
How did I miss this thread?

These are great. Hobgoblins are one of my favourite sets of models, I have a bunch. I am very jealous of your collection of hob hounds. I't be interested in what colour scheme you use to paint them up.

Got any rockets?

I've got two rockets at the moment, although with a Nippon crew for one, and old friend gave me a big sweeties jar of minis recently and inside were some real treasures like two temple dogs (albeit with the dark elf and samurai riders) and lots of other nice stuff that would cost me a fortune on ebay.
Fortunately for me he took payment in Jameson whiskey and Innis and Gunn beer :)

I'm only missing 2 or 3 C36 hobgoblins now to complete my set of Aly Morrison hobgobs, the Elite guy, the scimitar fellah that appears as a line drawing in warhammer armies and the champion with two handed axe.
I need to get back to painting them over christmas as I've gotten myself distracted with some wood elves I was painting for a friend for our little games of Saga.
He isn't a gamer, so I've been breaking him in gently on our monthly beer nights with quick 1 hour games of Saga (normally Vikings and Irish warbands) and I'm trying to take it to the next level with some fantasy Saga before I try to get him hooked on Warhammer ;)

11dCPt7.jpg

TnvWjP8.jpg

Nice Elves you have done.

I dont have many Hobgoblins but I do have a rocket crew set someplace.Found some of the old Chronicle one's.

Kev Adams has done one test piece for me with more to be done in 2014.More Goblins to release before them though ;).

Been reading an old Warhammer book and it mentions Hobgoblins riding large Hobhounds.

Aiteal

manic _miner":2ve4ajtg said:
Kev Adams has done one test piece for me with more to be done in 2014.More Goblins to release before them though ;).
Been reading an old Warhammer book and it mentions Hobgoblins riding large Hobhounds.

I'm looking forward to the goblins and the hobgoblins :)
Especially the hobgoblins, i'm dying to see the models and especially the mounted ones.
Not that I have painted the 4 sets of sea goblins I have in my lead pile yet mind you ;)
But it ties in with my new years resolution to stay away from overpriced second hand stuff on ebay (that doesn't include people like Steve who start auctions at 99p) and throw more custom the way of people like yourself, crooked claw and clam minis.
It dawned on me the other night that I paid 8 quid including p&p for a single marauder mini on an auction I placed without really thinking about it when I could instead be supporting the smaller indie traders, who, given they have people like Kev Adams or Pickford sculpting for them are knocking out models that would in no way look out of place in a full page advert of white dwarf in the late 80s.

Rob_S

I would love to see someone else scuplt a range of Mongol inspired hobgoblins though I fear the big nose variety of the 90's currently holds the miniature communities vision of what a proper hobgoblin looks like. Mongol Hobgoblins on giant hobhounds would be the best.

Have you seen what Dave King is proposing to sculpt/release in 2014? He's got some obviously old citadel inspired sculpts including a very Jes Goodwinesque Ogre. It's going to be a good year. http://bederken.blogspot.com.au/2013/12/class-of-2014.html

Well 2014 will be the Year of the Goblinoid miniatures ;).Just need to see how Salute goes this Year.Lots of new Goblins to release with more concept art done for the next batch.

Will be nice to see your take on the Goblins Aiteal ;).

Love the pieces Dave King has been doing.Very different to other ranges out there too which is always good.

Aiteal

Sticking with 2nd/3rd edition bases sizes, so 25mm.
I believe they are 20mm these days though, but alot of those older sculpts, especially Aly Morrison's stuff probably wouldn't make it onto a 20mm base

I have two Hobgoblin miniatures coming in the post along with some Goblins and Lizardmen.First new miniatures of 2014 ;).

Thanks for the info on the base sizes you are using.It will come in handy.

Need to dig out my Hobgoblin rocket launcher.

Aiteal

I've been neglecting the horde as i'm too easily distracted, so I did this guy tonight.
First of my temple dog riders, rider is the Monsters Starter Set Hobgoblin, but he fits nicely style wise with the foot trops, although not so snugly on the temple dog :)

N64s3Vo.jpg

Rob_S

Very nice :grin: Iam liking the blue tone you've given the Temple Dog. I found my Temple Dog a right pain to paint. You don't tend to get much practice painting stone.

Aiteal

Rob_S":1vmdb9li said:
Very nice :grin: Iam liking the blue tone you've given the Temple Dog. I found my Temple Dog a right pain to paint. You don't tend to get much practice painting stone.

Thanks, I have four of the bleeders to do, so trying to stay away from the standard grey colour, foundry teal for this one and i'll go for foundry storm green for the next

Asslessman

They are superb. I really love the contrast between th ewarm colours on th ehobgoblin and the cold appearance of the temple dog. The bluish hue is really good and though I'd never have thought about such an idea, it is one I'd like to steal someday ;)

Aiteal

Shylob's sword was loose so I replaced it with a yari, filed down and cut a few pieces to get him to fit better

2lqvaGb.jpg

Back