Golgfags Warband begins to take shape

Golgfag1

Thanks for the positive comments

No problem at all to paint such miniatures; I hadn't even thought of the slime until I needed to adapt the figures to Nurgle without interfering with them too much, it just seemed the right thing to do.

Good to know the sequence of pictures of how they developed helped - total unforeseen on my part.

Paul / Golgfag1

Selkie":1e3slqzv said:
Very nice unit using two of my all time favourite minis. Always good to see chaos done in a properly unique and chaotic colour scheme - I also just learnt how to make pools of slime from your wip pics - thanks for that :grin:

Golgfag1

Just started the disciples of the Red Redemption figures recently purchased via E-bay, using the same colour scheme, not sure if it's going to work - but it's what I'm using for now (worst comes to the worst - I'll strip em and start again! :lol: ).

I'll post pictures when I get the chance.

Paul / Golgfag1

Asslessman

Harry's disciples are in green and look splendid, Igrisjun has some blue ones so yours should just be fine. That is some furious chaotic army you're about to unleash here. Really like it.

Golgfag1

Don't forget Nico's, he had these amongst his horde at BOYL - kept the colour scheme fairly simply and subdued using dry-brushing, high-lighting and washes. Well. as you can imagine using green, red and blue as a colour scheme - mine are quite a lot brighter! :grin:

Paul / Golgfag1

Asslessman":bs48e0f5 said:
Harry's disciples are in green and look splendid, Igrisjun has some blue ones so yours should just be fine. That is some furious chaotic army you're about to unleash here. Really like it.

Attachments

• Nico's Disciples.JPG
    Nico's Disciples.JPG
    158.6 KB · Views: 1,919

Golgfag1

Ok, here's the first progress pictures of the monks from undercoat to base coats, they've already moved on since I took these so will post more pictures tomorrow :grin: . They do kinda grab you by the eye sockets and shake you! :?

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• progress1.jpg
    progress1.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 1,895
  • progress2.jpg
    progress2.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 1,895

Golgfag1

OK, here we are again - almost there now with just a few details to get sorted - bases, shield & banner designs and a few other bits & pieces and they'll be finished. With a little bit of luck I should get them done tonight :lol: :lol: :lol:
Enjoy
Paul / Golgfag1

:grin:

Attachments

• The monks next step.jpg
    The monks next step.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 1,877
  • Tha monks next step 2.jpg
    Tha monks next step 2.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 1,877
  • The monks next step 3 .jpg
    The monks next step 3 .jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 1,877
  • The monks next step 4 .jpg
    The monks next step 4 .jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 1,877
  • The monks next step 5.jpg
    The monks next step 5.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 1,877

Asslessman

Very great, they look really good in such a large bunch. This coulours scheme works well and has a somehow Blanchesque vibe.
May I add that the rear view is the best if their your troops but also the best if they're your opponent's (what's not to like in a charge from the rear when YOU are doing it? 8-) )

DracheZaku

The colors are really BAMM in your FACE !

I somehow like it, but normally i prefer darker colors. Is that another regiment of reknown there ?

Golgfag1

My chain of thought on the colour scheme was that as their devotees, they're trying to emulate the colours they see in the presence of lesser demons etc. hence the reds, greens and blues in their robes. The thug types aren't so enamored, so you only see minor details to give away their allegiance (shield designs, tattoos etc). The warriors/knights - who are next up on the painting table will use the same palette, but how that gets applied to the figures will pretty much depend on the miniatures!

As for the brightness of the colours DracheZaku, I think it's more a case of my poor camera skills (way too much flash,settings too high etc.) they look a whole lot different in the flesh, but, I'm not disappointed - as they certainly draw your eye. As of the other regiment of renown - I use to also have a complete unit of the knights of the cleansing flame, but as I wasn't using them on a regular basis they went on to e-bay! Such is life.

Any way, I did manage to get the monks finished on Tuesday night, but didn't have my camera so no pictures of the "finished" unit; I now do, so will post more pictures later today. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Paul / Golgfag1

Who's awake, way too early!

Asslessman":1irvasb2 said:
Very great, they look really good in such a large bunch. This coulours scheme works well and has a somehow Blanchesque vibe.
May I add that the rear view is the best if their your troops but also the best if they're your opponent's (what's not to like in a charge from the rear when YOU are doing it? 8-) )

Asslessman

Count Von Bruno":2vp3tphy said:
Large mobs of hooded weirdos, marching into battle...awesome :!:

Hooded weirdos ! That was to be expected for a greenskin lover... Just because they rip the skin from their own face and apply a red hot iron mask on it while it is still bleeding and they're weirdos to you? I only see dedication and true faith here. you disappoint me a lot Bruno.

Golgfag1

Em not sure I really want to start contemplating the last few messages in too much detail. :roll: :roll: :roll: Any way here are a few more pictures of the Monks & demons :grin: :grin: :grin: ; and a picture of the next batch for painting. :)

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• Shield designs1.jpg
    Shield designs1.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 1,420
  • Next set to paint!.jpg
    Next set to paint!.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 1,420
  • Banner design1.jpg
    Banner design1.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 1,420
  • A different view1.jpg
    A different view1.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 1,420
  • Compare & contrast1.jpg
    Compare & contrast1.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 1,420

Asslessman

Sorry for the derailing ...
you painted those quickly! i really like the knot symbol on both shields and banner . thé former is well knowned but is thé latter a personnal creation?

Golgfag1

The shield design was lifted straight from Celtic symbols, I spent about 20-30 minutes practicing on paper, getting the size & shape right and then just went for it, works pretty well, was helped by the six rivets around the perimeter of the shield to locate the tips of the design; as for the banner - I think it's a simple slip knot; again, practiced on paper and then drew it in ink on to the banner and then high-lighted in white, simple really.

Paul / Golgfag1

Asslessman":17mdu4ds said:
Sorry for the derailing ...
you painted those quickly! i really like the knot symbol on both shields and banner . thé former is well knowned but is thé latter a personnal creation?

Golgfag1

Well here we go the first round of painting of the Chaos Warrior/Knights just the base cost, which I must admit I'm quite taken with.

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• Base paint coat - warriors.jpg
    Base paint coat - warriors.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 1,382
Back