Cambridge meeting of OGRE. 29th September 10:00-10:00

lenihan

I'll be there with a relatively small force of elves, hopefully from more or less the start of the day. Still painting up the newest additions for tomorrow. Given we have the whole day (plus the fact that I only have a small contingent and so, as I've mentioned, would probably be glad of the support of allies!), I think my ideal would be to be part of a relatively big multiplayer game that we can construct a suitably epic narrative around, but I'll take whatever comes along!

lenihan

Many thanks to all for a good day! Probably the most 3rd ed that's been played in Cambridge in 20 years - there were 3 games going on; Orcs vs Brettonians, Dwarves vs Wood Elves, and Skaven vs Sea Elves (I'll write up a battle report for the latter battle in due course). Also some 2nd ed 40k going on at the same time, so it seems Oldhammer is flying high in this parish.

Looking forward to the next meeting.

I had a great time getting mugged by Erny's green skins and it was nice putting faces to (assumed) names. Lot's of shiny figures on display and games actually flowed pretty well. I'll write something up and show some photo's when I get five minutes. :grin:

Erny

The dice gods were with me I'm afraid Whiskey Priest, nobody can fight against that kind of luck. Really nice playing against your fantastic Berttonians.

Two club members also turned up with a couple of nice armies so all in all a successful meeting.

Mister Rab

I was really sorry not to be there - curses on my sister for having her birthday at the end of September :mad:

At least there was good cake :roll:

OK. I'm feeling the need for more gaming. Beyond the night of the living lead (which I can't attend) shall we organise another sunday gaming session? I'm in a bit of on odd position in that I have my girls every other weekend so I'm free Nov 10th, 24th and Dec 1st,15th and 22nd but that might be a bit close to crimbo. What do you guys think? I can run a rogue trader game as well as play 3rd ed if anybodies up for it.

Erny

I'll look into organising another event before Christmas and will keep your dates in mind WP.

Also sorry that due to other time commitments I haven't organised anything for this November 4th as promised. It is still a club night so all welcome.

Selkie

I would be keen to attend another event but will probably not be able to confirm it until a day or two before, I don't want to commit and then have to back out again... ;)

Back