Octobers Painting Challenge with Halloween Bonus

Grumdril

Hoping to make somewhat more progress than last time, but still keeping it small. Some orc archers -

orcArchers.jpg

Alongside these there are also 3 others painted 20-some years ago to re-touch to make up the final unit.

And sort of for the Halloween bonus, a scary chaos warrior -

chWarrClose.jpg

I shouldn't be painting chaos really, too many orcs to paint - I blame Orlygg!

tancrede

As promised, here is the pic of what I want to paint for october challenge : 8 bretonnian foot knights.

ytv2.jpg

Nothing special for the halloween bonus...

mbh

6 trolls
5 centaurs
and some classic chaos warriors

163bcf923edccaa302c14d8bea98f762_zps04177da0.jpg

ugh

what a terribe photo

I promise I will use a real camera after I slap the paint on.

Blue in VT

VanLoon":3dw98qr4 said:
I'll give this a go. Hopefully will be good motivation to start my dwarfs off...

image-1.jpg

YAY! Marauder Dwarfy goodness! I'm excited to see this unit of wonderful models come together!

...yea yea...the rest of you all too.... :lol: I just have a soft spot for Marauder dwarfs.

And here is mine again...look familiar?

934AA8A0-9D3E-444D-B0DD-8998156DD309-245-00000017833ADBF5_zps73c047d4.jpg

This time I'm really going to paint them....no...seriously...I mean it!

Blue

I will try and get photos of my two (yes two!) minis I will paint for this "months" challange...one of the models is one of the most horrific of models ever cast...

Nagash! and his buddy Skippy the necromancer...

As i look at my half finished Squats from the August challenge...

VanLoon

Blue in VT":1k5j4vgu said:
YAY! Marauder Dwarfy goodness! I'm excited to see this unit of wonderful models come together!

...yea yea...the rest of you all too.... :lol: I just have a soft spot for Marauder dwarfs.

I love the marauder dwarfs too - I just hope I can do them justice! I've finished one test model and I think I'm happy with it. I'll try my best to get the rest done by the end of the month.

Hopefully we'll see your finished knights too ;)

I'll bite on this one. Surely I can find time to get these last 7 pre-slotta Orcs and the Orc damsel finished by the end of October. The poor things have been sitting on my desk staring at me for 3 months now.

wip_zps0e05385e.jpg

Chico

Well here's my entry all done

P1050073.jpg

a grey-white mist rose from the ground. When it cleared. the bones fused weirdly into some kind of catapult.Three armoured Skeletons began to work the machine furiously, loading it with skulls. As the skulls hailed down, the mortals broke, trampling their fellows underfoot in their panic.

Don Hans

Hello,

Hope it's not too late to join this challenge. Working on a mini for my chaos cavalry unit that I think will suit this challenge very nicely.

Here is a WIP pic of the build.

/Hans

Attachments

• P1030621 (640x594).jpg
    P1030621 (640x594).jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 2,434

Just John

Its never too late to join these challenges so welcome in. Just remember some of the participants do bite and never, ever feed Chico after midnight!

Asslessman

Welcome on board Hans ! you can even join Agust paint challenge if you want ! (ok no, just kidding...)
Your rider is especially creepy (considering the others, that's saying a lot !)

Now go and register for the knight project and the Goat project too !

Chico

Just John":50itbk23 said:
Its never too late to join these challenges so welcome in. Just remember some of the participants do bite and never, ever feed Chico after midnight!

Never understood the whole ''After midnight'' thing, as it never states when you can start feeding them again. When does it stop being after Midnight and turn into before Midnight.. :shock:

Asslessman

Chico":3b6me4nl said:
Just John":3b6me4nl said:

Never understood the whole ''After midnight'' thing, as it never states when you can start feeding them again. When does it stop being after Midnight and turn into before Midnight.. :shock:

at noon? or just at dawn since they have this daylight problem in gremlin form ? (seriously, I also asked myself the same question)

Chico

Asslessman":36txlzia said:
at noon? or just at dawn since they have this daylight problem in gremlin form ? (seriously, I also asked myself the same question)

What about Timezones and travelling or country's that have months of just daylight/nighttime, plus its only ever Midnight for 1 second 24:00 and 23:59 is after midnight.. just it happens to be the midnight before.

Poor starving Gremlins :(

Don Hans

Excellent! Should be able to finish this before Helloween as well.

Hmmm...the question remains though if I should feed Chico or not and if so, when? Did Just John actually mean by saying "...never, ever feed Chico after midnight" that I should feed him prior to midnight? So many very important questions reamins...

Back