Chaos Squats

Orjetax

I’ve started a chaos squat army. It was the painting of a new Olley sculpt from the recent Macrocosm Miniatures Kickstarter that gave me the push.

f6c12d8e4b516fa0128f4b0a08203f40.jpg

These are nice multi part metal models, which are also just about the only ‘off the spruce’ close combat space dwarf ‘line’ infantry models in aware of. This makes me feel like I’ll be in good shape to bulk out the regular units. This one will end up as a squad leader, but most will have a hammer and bolt pistol.

9e27c6e903814b2acebb43c7d5ff4d2d.jpg

I’ve got a host of other chaotic looking space dwarfs already — the previously painted ones are here:

f96540a4c0e59ffcec9c7e07375c7536.jpg

And, I’ve got a custom Olley ‘psychic mutant scrunt’ kitbash dread that I’ll be using. Might be fun to go with all Olley sculpted models for the army, but not sure I’ll stick with that notion.

I’d like to do color schemes that might allow elements to be used on the table as part of other Armies I’ve got, as well.

What something will count as in Rogue Trader is always straightforward ... in second edition I’d use this as genestealer cult with chaos allies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EricF

Administrator
Re: Chaos Squats

Those are amazing. The colours on the exo armour are perfect for old school 40k chaos and that Living Ancestor with the mechadendrite legs is a brilliant model. What an amazing start to a Chaos Squat warband. I'm half way through painting some eBay rescued Imperial Space Dwarves, but I don't think they'll stand a chance against that lot!

Orjetax

EricF":11p94iak said:
Those are amazing. The colours on the exo armour are perfect for old school 40k chaos and that Living Ancestor with the mechadendrite legs is a brilliant model. What an amazing start to a Chaos Squat warband. I'm half way through painting some eBay rescued Imperial Space Dwarves, but I don't think they'll stand a chance against that lot!

Thanks for the encouraging words! That warped living ancestor is a favorite of mine.
I’ve got another suitable character model from that range on deck, along with the rest of the close combat squad.

78b0c88b6a6a08ca51473fa88600a97a.jpg

I hope you get to post some imperial space dwarves! Always love to see old school squats.

Orjetax

twisted moon":31bjfq3v said:
nice job on the new macrocosm; the kickstarter seems to hold a lot of promise.

Yes, I think it does have a lot of promise. Did you see they have a new one? It’s got great coated space dwarfs but also walkers for which one can get the hybrid/mutant heads.

Orjetax

Not much to add in terms of painting yet, but I did recently get this Bob Olley-created kitbash/part sculpt, which will feature in the project.

7ee71b22c1ecc599e9a8cc5ecb01860d.jpg

Orjetax

Another Macrocosm trooper, also another Olley’s Armies Psychic mutant scrunt.

83cb51e655209891878382279c1fed39.jpg

622b430f65e79e1adb54202f36bd6264.jpg

4f68c3370af14e7053d8be90ca5efb04.jpg

Orjetax

More Macrocosm, plus a model from GrimForge with an added Macrocosm mutant arm to help the ‘hybrid’ impression.

And a unit in progress shot.

e55dbe1bfc1c940fa783dd9f8f542566.jpg

e558ed6ef274d389a7a7c8f4e67ba517.jpg

aa481719e46af135c288657fd9775dbc.jpg

EricF

Administrator

I very much like the green and gold goggles, might have to pinch that look! The heat haze on the melta is very nicely done. You've got a stunning war band there, the red tunics keeping a degree of coherence between them all is a good touch. Not to mention the nice bit of terrain they are sat on! My aforementioned plastic Squats are about tabletop ready, so I'll have to start my own Squat thread, just spent the evening building bikes and trikes for the army!

Orjetax

EricF":1cezev8z said:
I very much like the green and gold goggles, might have to pinch that look! The heat haze on the melta is very nicely done. You've got a stunning war band there, the red tunics keeping a degree of coherence between them all is a good touch. Not to mention the nice bit of terrain they are sat on! My aforementioned plastic Squats are about tabletop ready, so I'll have to start my own Squat thread, just spent the evening building bikes and trikes for the army!

Ah, I’ll look forward to seeing your squat thread. Such a great army. And lends itself so much to the trikes and bikes.

Thanks - those were a couple little details I was particularly happy with, so it’s gratifying to see you think the same! I have normally gone with enchanted blue paint for goggles, but sadly I finally ran out and thought the green might be a more ‘chaotic’ alternative look anyway.

symphonicpoet

That's a great bunch all around. I really need to get painting on mine, but I love how you've gone with yours. :) Love the tech goggles with the glowing green lenses.

Orjetax

symphonicpoet":2o9l5qnp said:
That's a great bunch all around. I really need to get painting on mine, but I love how you've gone with yours. :) Love the tech goggles with the glowing green lenses.

Thanks! The Macrocosm hybrids are all done for the time being.

6cb66b3b681da9cb8c0807ed94fdbd13.jpg

93bc723f53911d2dd3e4f18cfea16687.jpg

Orjetax

I’ve only a small update, but as it’s a very weird model I thought it deserving.

Here’s a psychic mutant scrunt who is either sharing a rebreather with a mutant cat, or drinking (?) a mutant cat, or as has been recently suggested to me, smoking (???) a mutant cat.

60fb3d68ae4b89d58a399af404bcce24.jpg

7e7d1e321404670b110ae70da07b408f.jpg

Orjetax

d69d78cc040a9cce97475a786b401982.jpg

5d67570c1939dc480665871a5d248b7d.jpg

94587163c24a7ce6d2c2f0735ea7fd8b.jpg

This should settle me for character models for the foreseeable future.

Orjetax

Sleepysod":msaagosy said:
These are Fantastic minis and paint jobs - totally Davros - more please

Thanks!

And I’ve got more chaotic/mutant space dwarfs on the way from Macrocosm and the Hybrid Miniatures FB page. Then I’ll be back at it.

Back