Citadel JD, Paranoia AND Gothic Horror

Sleepysod

Tauntaun Scout":19oji7ig said:
Sleepysod":19oji7ig said:
dazza36":19oji7ig said:
Might be a simple water elemental but its beautifully painted

Thanks - simple inking and dry brushing for the most part - really nice sculpts. Would like the air and fire elementals but they are a bit pricey on evil bay.

Which is weird, considering they were made available direct from GW as recently as the early 2010's.

They had disappeared from Warhammer 4th edition and weren’t available in the shop when I was working there although I guess they might have been available still through mail order. Did they ever bring them back for other editions? I guess if there was no role in the games then there would have limited incentives to buy, and that would have contributed to inflated prices - that said its evil bay.

Sleepysod

Shout out to Epicsatsuma for donating this lovely Grenadier Death Giant (Genestealer cult are going in the post tomorrow - i promise!).

Also as part of my "red phase" (i.e. squirting out a bit too much red paint from the bottle) have 'finished' the following - just need to sort bases and maybe tweak a little more):

Shojan from the Citadel Judge Dredd range (JD3 Perps)

An Occultist from the Gothic Horror range

and the Crawling Chaos Nyarlathotep (Orignally Ral Partha? bit bought via Mirliton)

Sleepysod

Tubehead":21xsflvi said:
Will you paint my figs too? :grin:

He he. After I've cleared my backlog and my wife has taken away my credit card to stop me buying more stuff that i don't need maybe... (ask again in around 20 years) ;)

Sleepysod

One more for the CC1 Gothic Horror range. Believe he is simply called "Punk". Baldy man in a suit with 'spatz'. My photo doesn't do him justice, but he's not the most exciting miniature in the range...

symphonicpoet

^Are we literally all always in trouble with our SOs for buying too much lead? My wife is a tiny short Asian woman. You have not lived until you have felt the steaming wrath of a tiny Asian woman who just noticed the latest Kickstarter on the credit card bill. That woman has an intense, high energy, white hot anger when it comes to money spent on toys. (And a stone cold silent anger on everything truly serious, so I think I'll probably live, but . . . I do worry sometimes.)

Anyway . . . I love your red phase Sleepysod. That Nyarlethotep is neat! And "punk" has a great "Would you terribly mind leaving my garden" understated angry old man look to him. Maybe a more British version of "Get off of my lawn!" Why someone would name him punk I don't quite fathom, but . . . I do love the way you painted him up. Brilliant stuff all around! :)

Sleepysod

A couple more to share from the CC1 range. First is "Private Eye". He has the same body as "Gumshoe" (LE3 range), and "Marlow" from The Curse of The Mummy's Tomb. My mini seems to have had its gun removed from his right hand - so it actually looks like he's hiding it in his jacket pocket. Not my favourite paint job or miniature in the range so far, but glad he is finished.

Second up is "Trapper". The same body as the 'Explorer' I painted earlier in the year. Still needs basing, but unsure if I should go with a snowy base or stick with my standard dry brushed gravel andfoloaige combo.

Sleepysod

Thought I'd share my latest 'family shot' of my Citadel Gothic Horror CC1 collection. This is all of the miniatures I've painted so far from the range - I have another 15-20 at various stages and maybe 5 or 6 left to collect.

I've popped them on the GW 'Halls of Horrors' floor plans and there a few Dungeon Floor Plans 1 tiles round the side. The buildings at the back are from Warcradle Studios and are part of the Dunsmouth Dock Set. Hope you enjoy.

Very nice. Much better looking when painted than in the raw.

Do you have a game and a set of rules in mind for them or are they just going to sit in the cabinet looking pretty?

Sleepysod

Citizen Sade":2op25zfk said:
Very nice. Much better looking when painted than in the raw.

Do you have a game and a set of rules in mind for them or are they just going to sit in the cabinet looking pretty?

I've got the basic set of CoC and I'd got my friends vaguely interested in playing (shifting them from Carcasonne and Catan is a task) but then COVID struck and all plans went out of the window.

I'd figured that Paranoia, the original JD RPG and CoC were all subjects that I could edge them into slowly and I'd had great fun playing as as teen - and it gave me an excuse to collect. Strictly speaking none of them require miniatures (although they help in JD when you are trying to manage a big fight).

I'm painting them as well as I can and I think I'm improving as I go along - but miniatures are meant for playing so I hope they aren't just for display. Hopefully they'll make it up to Newark for at least one outing of something at some point in the future.

Geroak II

Went through the whole thread and what a collection of old school goodness it is!
Great stuff in all, but as I’m not too familiar with Judge Dredd or Paranoia it was your Gothic horror / CoC stuff that really got me. Most of these figures I’ve only ever seen painted on stuff of legends so it’s nice to see different paint jobs on them. They look great together in that group shot, you’ve certainly done them justice.

By the way, if you’re still looking for Wild woman / She from GH-range I’m quite sure I have one stashed away somewhere and could let it go for a decent price. ;)

Sleepysod

Geroak II":1173noxl said:
Went through the whole thread and what a collection of old school goodness it is!
Great stuff in all, but as I’m not too familiar with Judge Dredd or Paranoia it was your Gothic horror / CoC stuff that really got me. Most of these figures I’ve only ever seen painted on stuff of legends so it’s nice to see different paint jobs on them. They look great together in that group shot, you’ve certainly done them justice.

By the way, if you’re still looking for Wild woman / She from GH-range I’m quite sure I have one stashed away somewhere and could let it go for a decent price. ;)

Thanks for all the positive comments - this forum encouraged me to take up the brush again a few years ago and I feel that it's both inspired and improved my painting - don't think I'll ever match some of the efforts on here but its been a nice experience trying!

Still have three Paranoia miniatures in painting purgatory, but plenty more GH and JD to go through. I've just started collecting the Talisman range and I have also acquired a Tom Meijer dragon... so many distractions...

Wouldn't say no to She/Wild Woman if the price is right - if you can PM me that would be great (but I also know there is a minimum number of posts that you need to make before the PM function opens up - good excuse to post your own minis ;) )

Sleepysod

First of my Talisman toads! Fun, quick and simple mini to paint - a nice distraction. I have the Soldier Toad and the Pirate Toad as well - but they aren't at top of the painting tree at the moment :grin:

Geroak II

Toad is looking good. I only recently realised it's sculpted to be sitting on a lily pad! Water effect works nicely and your more realistic colour scheme looks better than those bright green versions more commonly seen.

Also, PM sent regarding wild woman. :)

Sleepysod

Geroak II":3rx16sao said:
Toad is looking good. I only recently realised it's sculpted to be sitting on a lily pad! Water effect works nicely and your more realistic colour scheme looks better than those bright green versions more commonly seen.

Also, PM sent regarding wild woman. :)

Interestingly the other two toads (which will be painted in brighter colours i think) don't seem to have the lily pad so don't know how I'll base them. I am tempted to use the same green colour scheme for the dragon, but seems a bit of a wasted opportunity...

Jonas

I am so happy to see you managed to collect AND paint all the Paranoia minis (and all the other awesome stuff in the thread too).

My own Paranoia collection is nearing completion and since I only have 200 other projects I might as well get going with them soon :grin:

Sleepysod

Jonas":3ehvvfaa said:
I am so happy to see you managed to collect AND paint all the Paranoia minis (and all the other awesome stuff in the thread too).

My own Paranoia collection is nearing completion and since I only have 200 other projects I might as well get going with them soon :grin:

...technically two aren't fully finished, they are in my almost but not quite yet pile... :? but thanks for the message and positive feedback!

Also did you see that auction on eBay for the two unreleased commie minis? I was out at £51 but they ended up going for £157...

Look forward to seeing you paint jobs and promise to post some more GH and (if admin allows) a couple of mongoose paranoia minis I've paint up recently :)

Galpino

Very nice stuff. Well painted and such unusual miniatures. I'm loving the weird toad demon thing doing a sexy pose on a rock.

Sleepysod

Here are a few more I did quite recently.

First up some more Citadel CC1 Gothic Horror Miniatures

Well technically he's an LE3 "Gumshoe", with a Bob Murch sculpted Maltese Falcon at his feet. I accidentally removed flash from his face which turned out to be a cigarette :oops:

Next is a Professor from CC1. The pile of Books is another sculpt from Bob Murch

He's trying to summon some demon or something. His victims (CC1 male and female corpses) are below. Sorry these are a bit grim...

Back