cobolt 1 miniatures still available?

Spinoza

Hey guys,
I love the Cobalt-1 range and really want to buy a lot of these minis. But the shop of the Bridge Minatures seems to be pretty dead. I've tried to contact them threw the email contact formular twice but I've seen no answer. Has anybody bought minis from Bridge Miniatures in the last time?

Tubehead

Spinoza":2ruj8syz said:
Hey guys,
I love the Cobalt-1 range and really want to buy a lot of these minis. But the shop of the Bridge Minatures seems to be pretty dead. I've tried to contact them threw the email contact formular twice but I've seen no answer. Has anybody bought minis from Bridge Miniatures in the last time?

Kevin Stillyards was operating Bridge Minis right? His facebook page seems to cut off with no posts after 2018.
Perhaps he's suffering from ameteur miniatures manufacturer burnout and doesn't bother to reply to mail?
Some guys like that still fill orders though.
Like Hasslefree for instance; last time I ordered from them I sent them a question three times, which they ignored. I then placed a small order to test if they would respond. The order was shipped... eventually. In fact it was shipped so late that I gave up after 90 days and asked for a refund. They didn't reply. Then I contacted paypal. Hasslefree refused to talk to them, so I was awarded a refund after about 100 days had gone by - paypal effectively cancelled the order for them.
But wouldn't you know it, the package with my two minis in it showed up the next day. :o
I tried to contact "Hasslefree" to send them the money back, but they ignored me.
Then, nearly a month later, when they somehow noticed that my order had been cancelled, they actually shipped out a replacement! I almost fell off my chair laughing when I got the shipping notice. (If you're reading this Hassleful Miniatures, try reading your email! :lol:)

So in the case of Bridge Miniatures, I might say try placing a small sample order ...but don't expect too much if they can't be bothered to reply to email.

But I'm friends with a guy who is friends with Kevin Stillyards, so I'll ask him if he knows what's up and get back to you.

Tubehead

If you like Spinoza you'd love Schopenhauer.
Unless of course Spinoza is your actual name...
Well, try some Schopenhauer anyway. :grin:
You won't be sorry!

I'm now waiting on a reply from my mutual friend of Mr. Kevin Stillyards...

Tubehead":yqaehwce said:
Like Hasslefree for instance

It's worth checking their Facebook for updates etc. Not excusing them completely but they've had a horrific run of bad luck over the last 18 months or so. Sally, who deals with the orders/emails broke her spine a while ago, so understandably a lot of the service was massively screwed up. The guy who deals with orders has had to live at the unit because he couldn't use public transport during the pandemic, it's all been a complete nightmare for them tbh.

Spinoza

Oh guys, really thank you for the quick responding and help. I think I will try to place a small order to test if there will be any response. For me it would be very interesting and helpful if there would be any more pictures of the range with the name of the minis, because on their webside only the half range got pictures. Do you guys know any source? In the meantime I will read some schopenhauer. I'm actually living in Frankfurt in the near of the Schopenhauerhaus

Tubehead

dieselmonkey":3qdmnsvx said:
It's worth checking their Facebook for updates etc. Not excusing them completely but they've had a horrific run of bad luck over the last 18 months or so.

I wasn't aware of that, but at the time the recent statements on their website front page offered no indication as to any problems, health related or otherwise, despite numerous chronological status updates being in evidence. (This was also before the pandemic business began.)
I feel for their troubles of course (I'm not a completely heartless bastard) but if they are having problems that are bad enough to derail their business they really should have either closed their site temporarily or at least posted something about it in the immediately relevant place - the front page of their sales site - as not everyone looks at facebook.
And since they are still able to post to facebook shouldn't they also be able to reply to email? :geek:

Tubehead

Spinoza":36uggoqe said:
Hey guys,

Got word back from my friend; he doesn't know what's up with Bridge Miniatures. Sorry I couldn't be of more help than that! :roll:

Back